T R U C E ?

In which these actors act too well, and even they're convinced.

~•~

"You look a little nervous. You're not gonna chicken out are you, Hyung?" Jungkook asked playfully as he neared Taehyung's side.

"Nervous? As if. Just worry about yourself out there." Taehyung bit back halfheartedly.

"Now, Hyung. That's no way to speak to your precious co-star is it?" Jungkook inquired as he wrapped an arm around Taehyung's waist.

The older gasped quietly which produced a smirk from Jungkook.

Despite this, Taehyung allowed his hand to rest lazily on his hip, and they entered.

The two leads along with four other cast members made the main total six. The press was very eager to get shots of all of them together. Pleasantries were exchanged hastily and introductions were rushed in order to pose for several photos.

Taehyung made a note to stand closely to Jungkook for each one. He even went as far as to grip the lapel of Jungkook's suit and lean into him affectionately.

This act surprised the younger, but within seconds, a smile had settled on his face and he played along.

The group posed for a few more pictures and bowed respectfully. Jungkook made sure to keep his hand on his costar's waist at all times. Taehyung had gotten used to his surprise touches and didn't even flinch.

To say that the two actors were affectionate would be an understatement.

Many of their own cast members had exchanged curious looks with each other. Even Namjoon, Seokjin, and Yoongi, who knew they were acting, were convinced of the stars care for one another.

Hoseok had watched from afar as well, feeling green with envy.

Jungkook pulled a seat out for Taehyung before sitting adjacent to him.

Taehyung smiled and gave him a silent 'thank you'.

The older male didn't have to force his smiles. He was genuinely comfortable with Jungkook and he enjoyed the attention.

Questions were thrown at the two of them most often, so Jungkook didn't have many chances to talk with his co-star. Nonetheless, the younger male kept a strong hand on Taehyung's thigh. Jungkook occasionally squeezed it to get his attention and simply remind him that he was there. Taehyung couldn't dare to forget Jungkook's presence, not when the younger's constant touch set him ablaze.

The last flood of questions settled on the rest of the cast, and finally the two had time to do more than sneak meaningful glances.

"You ok?" Jungkook asked in a low whisper that only they could hear.

Taehyung leaned toward Jungkook's side and nodded in reply.

"I'm okay Jungkook, but don't take this nice gentleman act too seriously. You might start to actually care about me." Taehyung smirked as he spoke in an obvious attempt to tease the younger.

Jungkook's brows furrowed rather angrily and he seemed to weigh his words instead replying.

The cast members stood as a chorus of applause started and signaled the end of the press conference.
Taehyung's gaze lingered on Jungkook for a moment, before he posed for one last shot.

Jungkook stealthily placed his hand on Taehyung's lower back and drew him close. Jungkook pressed himself behind a extremely surprised Taehyung and put his lips to his ear.

"Who says I've been acting? Who says I don't already care. Care so much that it hurts?" Jungkook questioned with his lips pressed against the shell of Taehyung's ear and his breath ragged.

The flash of the last camera clicked just as his words reached the older. Taehyung couldn't help, but allow his lips to part as he turned to him with widened eyes.

Jungkook stood unmoving and gazing at the older as his eyes spoke the words that he held in his heart.

Taehyung wasn't sure what Jungkook meant by what he had said, and he truly didn't care in that moment.

All Taehyung could think about was the way his skin burned underneath Jungkook's grip and how brown his eyes were.

It scared him, because it felt like he was seeing Jungkook for the first time and he definitely didn't mind the view. Taehyung realized then, though reluctant to admit it, that he cared too. He didn't need to fake his concern or interest in Jungkook because it had been there.

He liked Jungkook being sweet to him because he liked Jungkook. If liking Jungkook meant that an explosion would ensue, then he was more than ready to burn.

"It was nice meeting you too. We'll see you on the set next week!" Jungkook waved at the last of the retreating cast members.

Taehyung had been eerily quietly since the conference had ended, and his co-star definitely noticed.

"Hey, listen Taehyung. About what I said earlier..." Jungkook started to speak as he shifted his feet with uncharacteristic nervousness.

"Yeah?" Taehyung's eyes lit up as he anxiously waited for the younger to continue.

"I know that you're going through a lot with that Hoseok guy and I don't want to overstep..." Jungkook stopped himself with immense uncertainty in his voice.

"You're not." Taehyung urged him to continue.

"I just wanted you to know that I'm not always an asshole. I'm not very good at showing it, but I do care about things.. and I care about you Taehyung. A lot. I can't promise to not get on your nerves, but I can promise to be there. Even if it's because you're locked out or can't sleep." Jungkook's words tumbled out of his mouth in a way that Taehyung found absolutely adorable.

"Why the sudden change of heart?" Taehyung asked while trying his best to conceal his smile.

"You've been so nice to me despite all our differences and I feel like it's real. Like you're real. It's hard for me to trust people and be close with them because I feel like they are always trying to get over. I know I was a big jerk before and this is my way of saying I'm sorry I guess." Jungkook finished with reddened cheeks and very apparent shyness.

Taehyung succumbed to the smile that he was hiding and hugged Jungkook.

The younger was extremely taken aback, but he didn't push him away. Slowly he returned the embrace.

"I'm sorry too. We we're both pretty awful. And thank you Jungkook. I could really use a friend these days." Taehyung spoke into the soft fabric of his shirt before releasing him.

Both he and Jungkook smiled.

It wasn't exactly the confession of love that Taehyung had steeled his heart for, but he was grateful.

His feelings for Hoseok were not all gone and his wounds were still fresh. He was very aware that he had grown to be affected by Jungkook, but for then that was best.

Though the younger failed to make his feelings (that he had yet to understand) clear, it was companionship that the two needed more than anything.

It was companionship that would allow Taehyung to really understand the mystery that was Jeon Jungkook.