★ - o n e - ★

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 ⏣ 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈

How your feeling week to week or
They don't give a fuck about you or me so..

REINA CARTER never cared much about looks. In fact, she'd take a day in the library over a day at the spa any time. Makeup took up way too much time, time that could go towards essential studying. Spending hours on end trying to perfect your hair was something that never really appealed to the girl.

In her opinion, girls in this era, excuse her language, needed to get their shit together. Their ancestors did not work day and night to get equality between the genders, for them to spend their time throwing their lives down the drain.

That's also probably part of the reason as to why she struggled to make female friends. She tried, she really did. It's just that, she found that a vast amount of girls her age would rather drool over boys, rather than read a good book.

Of course there was an exception, and that was Rose.

They hadn't met until Reina's third year. With Rose only being a second year at the time, they had no classes together obviously.

They did not share the same friends or the same likes and dislikes, just a mutual admiration of knowledge.

And that was enough for the pair.

The day they met was not life changing, nor was it planned. In fact, Reina was trying to hide from Rose's friend, Kian.

The boy had developed a 'tiny' crush on the older girl. He made no effort to keep it a secret, nor was he subtle about it either.

At the slight age of 12, Kian Lindsay believed that he truly was the modern day Casanova. With a subtle Australian accent and piercing whiskey coloured eyes, he was a pre-teen with an agenda.

An agenda he had often shared with his friends, Rose and Nicola.

The main goal was to rule the school by fifth year, and right after that, was to befriend and 'woo' little Miss Reina Carter. Rose thought he was absolutely delusional, and after Reina heard it, she thought that as well.

But who was she to destroy someone's goals in life?

She was never one for confrontation and was a girl of a very few words. That's probably why she spent most of her time with books, she wouldn't have to talk to them. What would she even say to the poor boy?

What did he even see in her?

Unbeknownst to her, a lot of people seemed to have some sort of infatuation with the girl. Not that anyone could blame them.

With blonde hair that cascaded in soft waves over her shoulders and eyes a piercing bluish-green in colour, she truly was a siren on land. Oh how ironic it was, that she hated fairytales.

As her early years at Hogwarts came about, she found that she could never really catch a break.

In her second year, she was often followed into the library by her little admirers. They would block up the pathways through the bookshelves, therefore disrupting her path to ultimate knowledge.

And she was sick of it.

So by the time she had reached third year, you would never catch her with her hair out of a bun or ponytail. She wore her glasses instead of using contact lenses like she had beforehand. Reina hoped, prayed, that the small actions would take attention away from her.

But it didn't.

The following had ceased for some unknown reason, but she would still catch a few eyes wandering to her as she walked the halls.

However, one person seemed to have never noticed her. Not even through the mass mania around the good-looking first year.

James Sirius Potter