- n i n e -

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 ⏣ 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈

JAMES SILENTLY THANKED GOD AS HE LET OUT A SIGH OF RELIEF, his parents had to suddenly leave. There was an urgent matter that Harry Potter had to attend at the Auras office, taking James's mother with him.

However, that did not stop the abuse from his little cousin, Rose. She, unlike the rest of his family, wasn't very convinced. But she didn't pressure them, she had decided to catch them out. Find out the truth when they least expected it. It was the most logical and evil way.

Reina lent against the bars of the Astronomy tower, studying the stars. James sat with his back against the wall, occasionally moving it back so it would knock against the wall. A sign that he was bored.

"Would you stop that!?" She exclaimed, extremely peeved at the boys behaviour. He smirked at her before hitting his head against the wall once again. She rolled her eyes, annoyed at him.

"Seriously, what is wrong with you?" She asked with her head facing him. He shrugged his shoulders and chuckled lightly.

"I'm pretty sure I was dropped as a baby" he said sarcastically. She didn't take it as sarcasm, it actually made sense. Maybe that's why he's so idiotic and deranged?

They sat in silence for a further few minutes before he just couldn't take it anymore. "Ok, that's it" he sat up from his space and walked to the spot beside her, taking up the same position as her. "We need to talk about this" he stated firmly.

She let out a sigh. Reina was regretting this already. Was her need to get back with her ex, really worth losing all her brain cells? A question she did not yet know the answer to.

"What is there to talk about?" She said, looking out into the distance, "We're in a fake relationship, it's not like we're getting married" she told him cooly.

"I know that" he said as he rolled his eyes, "But we need to talk about it. For example, you have to act like you actually like me" he stated and she scoffed.

What gave it away that she didn't like him?

"How about this?" He begun, "You like rules don't you?" He finished. 'Little stuck up princess' he muttered under his breathe. He was lucky she didn't hear.

She raised an eyebrow, intrigued. "Go on" she said, finally making eye contact with him. He smirked at her before waving his wand and muttering 'Accio', making a piece of parchment appear.

She looked at him confused and he rolled his eyes, "To right down our little rules" he cleared up. She laughed silently to herself.

"You've been watching too many muggle chick-flicks Potter" she stated amusedly. He let out a sarcastic laugh before flicking her on the forehead. She scoffed and rubbed it lightly.

"Rule number uno" he started, "Reina has to act like a civil human" he said as he wrote it down. She gasped and reached for the quill.

"How dare you!" She scoffed, "I'm a perfectly civil human!" she told him as he gave her a sarcastic 'mmmhm'

"Ok then, Rule number 2" this time, it was Reina's turn to write. "James mustn't act like a total asshole 24/7" she said in a mimicking tone as she wrote. His jaw dropped and went to say something as the quill was shoved into his hand.

He smirked evilly, if she wanted to play this game.

"Reina mustn't act like an insufferable know-it-all" he chuckled as he wrote. The argument continued on from there, all the way to sundown. By the time they had parted ways, they had come up with a set of rules.

•𝐑 𝐔 𝐋 𝐄 𝐒•

•Mutual dislike for each other must not be shown in public
•Absolutely no pet names (Reina's idea)
•Must last a year
•Act like a couple
•Don't tell anyone

Signed

𝚁𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚊 𝙲𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚛

ᒍᗩᗰEᔕ ᑭOTTEᖇ ♡