- t w e n t y t w o -

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 ⏣ 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 ⏣ 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈REINA LAID ON THE BED, WHICH SHE FOUND EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE, READING A BOOK

REINA LAID ON THE BED, WHICH SHE FOUND EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE, READING A BOOK.

It was the evening before Christmas and she hadn't been more excited to celebrate the holiday in her life. Rose sat in her room, while Mr and Mrs Potter cooked for tomorrow.

James was doing Merlin knows what.

As she went to turn her page, a enormous BANG came from down the hallway. The surprise of the noise, made her finger catch against the corner of the paper. "Fuck," she said to herself quietly.

Climbing out of bed and stumbling over to her dresser, she looked at it in a better light.

If she were honest, that was the biggest freaking paper cut she had ever seen. It appeared to be about 3 inches long, with blood pooling out of it like mad.

The blood begun to drip all over it and she panicked. As if it couldn't get any worse, it fell all over her mother's diary. She had it out on the side after she, once again, tried to unlock it last night.

"No, no, no" she muttered as it went all over the place. She was a mess. Amid her hysteria, she nearly missed the faint clicking sound.

Looking around to see were it came from, she was shocked to see that it was coming from the book. 

"What in Merlin's name?"

Quickly wrapping a plaster around her finger, she wiped down the side with a wet cloth, eager to see what the hell happened with her book.

Taking the old leather backed diary onto her lap, she examined it. The once locked diary, seemed to have just opened by itself.

Furrowing her eyebrows, she took in a deep breathe and opened it.

The pages looked old and worn, the edges a faint yellowish colour. The handwriting was neat, exuding elegance and beauty.

Her mother's writing.

Forgetting about the loud bang that just occurred, she read the book.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

ROSE KNOCKED ON THE DOOR OF HER FRIEND'S ROOM, WITH THE INTENT of inviting her downstairs. The grown ups had all decided to go off to a pub to catch up, or for a lack of better words, get absolutely shit faced drunk.

"Hey R, you coming down? The parents are gone, so it's a free house!"

It was silent for a few moments, and just as Rose turned away to leave, the door suddenly opened.