- s i x -

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 ⏣ 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈

Baby why do I have to play the bad guy in the end?

THE DOOR SLAMMED OPEN SUDDENLY, CAUSING JAMES TO MOVE AWAY from the girl he was currently 'talking about homework, with'

He looked at the figure and instantly recognised it, "Well if it isn't my cousin, little Miss Rose the prefect" he stated calmly as though he wasn't just walked in on.

She scoffed and turned her gaze to the girl beside him, who was putting her shirt back on. She trembled under the girls scrutinising stare.

"Get out" Rose ordered and the girl did just that, running with such speed that made James want to ask her to try out for quidditch.

"You" she stated firmly and his head snapped into her direction.

"Me" he said in a childish tone that made her roll her eyes for what felt like the hundredth time that day. Grabbing him by the ear, she dragged him out of the closet and pushed him over.

Getting up, he rubbed his back playfully. "Well ouch" he said sarcastically with smirk.

"Listen here you little slime ball, I had yet another girl complain to me about how you broke their heart!Normally, being the kind cousin I am" she said, making him scoff. Kind cousin his arse.

"I would've looked past it. However this time, someone decided to send me a letter. A LETTER JAMES!" She shouted at him. He winced at the sight of her, she looked like a mixture of his mum and aunt combined.

A horrifying sight.

Seeing that he wasn't listening, she went absolutely ballistic. He rolled his eyes at her, not particularly liking being shouted at.

"Can you stop breathing down my neck? Please?" He asked and her face went bright red with anger.

"That's it! I didn't want to have to do this, but-" she trailed off, leaving him very confused. What was his little cousin up to?

"If you don't keep a girl for at least a year, I'm telling mum and aunt Gin about the whole time turner thing" she said. His face dropped, which made her want to continue further.

"What is she going to think when she finds out that you, her first born son, planted the idea into poor little Albus's mind to use the time turner we found?"

His eyes lit up with horror at her words. James stayed that way for at least 5 minutes before Rose started walking off.

"You wouldn't do that!" He shouted after her, and he swore he could see her smirk from where he stood.

"Oh, but I would" she called back and left her cousin there, dumbfounded.

Oh how Rose loved the way her evil little mind worked.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

JAMES STARED OFF INTO SPACE, NOT EVEN TOUCHING THE FOOD IN FRONT OF HIM, this earned him concerned looks from his best friends, Lorcan and Lysander.

"Hey J, are you ok?" Asked Lorcan. He was always the softer-spoken one out of the twins, never really getting involved with their so called 'pranks'. They would always tease him, calling him the 'mother' of the group. He didn't mind, as long as his friends were fine, they could call him whatever they wanted.

James nodded slowly, still 'Away with the pixies' as Lysander put it.

Truth be told, he was far from ok.

His cousin literally had the power to ruin his life with one little letter home. What was he going to do? There was no chance in hell he'd actually do it. Any girl that he would pick, would undoubtedly fall for him. Meaning more problems for him.

He scanned through his mind, thinking of a suitable 'candidate' for the job. He needed someone who wouldn't fall for him, well that gets rid of his fan club.

His eyes roamed over the Hufflepuff table. Someone who hates him.
Hufflepuffs are too nice to ever hate someone, he thought.

Someone who would never fall for him.
His eyes wandered across the Ravenclaw table and stopped on her.

Someone who loathed him.

He found the perfect girl for the job.