- s i x t e e n -

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 ⏣ 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈

SHE CLIMBED UP THE ICED STAIRS OF THE OWLERY, LETTER IN HAND. Reina sighed dejectedly as she recalled the letter from her father, given to her that morning.

She was sat at breakfast, when her family owl, Amalia, had dropped of the letter. When Reina saw the wax seal, her family crest, she knew she was in for it.

Knowing that the contents were going to be far from good, she waited until the end of the day to open it. A good decision on her part.

Dearest κόρη ,

I have recently been informed of your Hogwarts endeavours. I'm extremely disappointed in you. Spending your time with a filthy Half-Blood? Have I not raised you better than that? Have you no shame, no regard for anyone other than yourself?

I will not have you besmirch the Carter family name! You will wash your hands of that boy immediately, before I take drastic measures. Reply soon, I'm always watching,

𝔒𝔷𝔦𝔞𝔰 ℭ𝔞𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔯

She scoffed as she read over the letter again. How dare he? Ozias was hardly a father to her, so who was he to dictate her life?

Reina growled angrily and muttered 'incendio', causing the parchment to be engulfed in flames. Feeding her pet owl a quick treat, she gave her a letter as a reply to her father. She smirked, he's so not going to like what she had to say.

She began walking down the steps, longing for the comfort of her bed, when she heard a familiar voice. Hearing the faint sounds of a cry, Reina immediately stopped her determined gait and looked around to find the source of the noise.

That's when she saw him.

Just a little bit to her right, through her peripheral vision, she could see James looking out the window with a crestfallen expression. He was completely out of it, in his own little world. He didnt even notice Reina walking up beside him.

"Hey James, are you alright?" She asked cautiously, scared she may say the wrong thing. It wouldn't be the first time.

Snapping his head to face her, James's face read pure shock and despondency. Removing his glasses and giving his eyes a quick wipe, he nodded his head sadly. It was weird to see him without his usual cocky smile or his sarcastic attitude.

"Yeh, I'm fine love," he said with a smirk, but she knew it was a facade. That usual glint in his eyes wasn't there. The one that exhumed cheekiness and immaturity. Knowing that he wouldn't own up to his emotions, Reina pulled him into a hug.