- t w e n t y s i x -

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 ⏣ 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 ⏣ 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈JAMES SIRIUS POTTER HAD NEVER BEEN ONE TO GIVE IN TO PRESSURE

JAMES SIRIUS POTTER HAD NEVER BEEN ONE TO GIVE IN TO PRESSURE. WETHER IT BE THE TIME HE REFUSED TO SMOKE A CIGARETTE GIVEN TO HIM BY HIS SO-CALLED 'FRIEND', OR WHEN HE REFUSED TO let the struggle of OWL'S get to him, he always found a way to come out on top.

He believed he owed it to the men he was named after, and the man he was named by. He so greatly tried to never be a disappointment, but that was just what he was.

Sure he was named the Gryffindor Prince, but he lacked the bravery to admit the truth to the girl he actually and genuinely liked. James was a coward, a child afraid of rejection.

And that was the only type of pressure he couldn't handle.

The pressure to do the right thing.

As the last year began to come to an end, he knew he'd have to tell somebody. Wether it be the fact that his and Reina's relationship was built on a lie, or the fact that he had begun to develop strong feelings, it did not matter. He needed to get at least one thing off of his chest.

Lucky for him, he knew just who to talk to.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

ROSE WAS DOING HER NIGHTLY ROUNDS, MAKING SURE TO LOOK IN EVERY BROOM CLOSET IN CASE A COUPLE HAD DECIDED THAT IT WAS AN IDEAL NIGHT FOR A LATE NIGHT SNOG.

This was one of the worst, in her opinion, things about being a prefect, her favourite being the ability to deduct point from fellow students.

She was only half an hour into her duty, when she heard a ruckus around the corner from her. Whipping out her wand, she approached the noise with caution. The noise led to a small broom cupboard that had its lock broken off, and was slightly ajar.

She sucked in a deep breath, Rose was pulled into the room, a hand around her mouth. Pulling her wand to their neck, Rose instantly withdrew it when she recognised the figure.

She cocked her eyebrow at the person before her. "What are you doing here James?" The boy took in a deep breath, trying to withhold the tears that had begun to well up in his emerald eyes.

"Oh James" she muttered against her cousin's shoulder, encasing him in a tight hug. Rose was surprised to say the least, she'd never seen him look so broken.

"What's wrong?"

James looked up at his cousins, eyes red from tears. "So, so much Rose"

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

ROSE STOOD THERE IN SILENCE, SOAKING IN THE FRESH INFORMATION. JAMES RUBBED HIS NECK NERVOUSLY, WAITING FOR HER TO SAY SOMETHING, ANYTHING.

"You can send that letter if you want, I don't really care anymore" he said dejectedly, Rose smiling at him softly. James narrowed his eyes at his cousin, he had just poured his heart out to her, and she was smiling?

"You seem relieved that you have told me the truth, yet you have not been honest about everything" James furrowed his eyebrows at her. He had told the whole truth, said everything from his point of view, what had he lied about.

Noticing her cousin's confused look, she explained for him. "You claim that the relationship is fake, but it is so very clear that it is not," she begun, pulling James's face to look at her, "Arranged maybe, yes, but fake? No."

James looked at her dumbfounded. He knew what she meant, but couldn't fully comprehend it.

"You say that you're enemies, but the pair of you look at each other too long to even be friends, let alone each other's arch nemesis." She told him, a small smile on her face. "Even a blind man could see that you love her, she had you at the first 'hello'"

The duo stood in silence. Rose was smiling inwardly, victory flooding through her veins. James was thinking over his cousin's words.

"I was never going to send the letter" she said out of the blue, James looking at her with furrowed eyebrows.

"What?"

She sighed as she ran a hand over her freckled face. "You're my cousin James. I did it because I wanted to see you happy, a feeling those girls couldn't give you. Something that only Reina is providing you with."

He did not know what to say. As much as he wanted to scream and shout at her, her crazy plan actually worked.

And he found someone who understood him.

Someone that made him happy.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Ayyyyeee the book's a month old <3