- f i v e -

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 ⏣ 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈

Talk to me, we may just see eye to eye

IF ANYONE ASKED HER WHEN SHE STARTED HATING JAMES POTTER, SHE COULD GIVE THE EXACT date and time. If they asked for reasons why, she'd make a list bigger than his ego.

It all started when she rode the train to Hogwarts for the first time. She had just met her first friend, Evie, and she was happy for the first time in a while. Maybe school wouldn't be so bad.

They had been so deep in conversation, the pair had missed the Trolley Witch and Reina had really wanted some Cauldron Cakes. So excusing herself as politely as she could, she walked out of the compartment in search for old lady.

As she approached the woman, a boy suddenly flew out of a compartment and into the hall, knocking into her. He hovered over her, out of breathe and speechless. She scoffed and pushed him off of her, not even an apology. Finally registering what happened, he got up and moved out of her way.

She stormed farther down the hall, angry at the boy. She went to reach for her locket, something that she often did when she was angry or annoyed. However, it seemed to have completely disappeared from her neck.

Reina turned around and looked at the floor, hoping to see it. But what she was met with, was much worse. Before her, was that same boy. In his hand he held her locket, broken.

She gasped and dropped her pouch of money, walking over to him. He handed it to her, and she had to hold her hand over her mouth to stop a sob from escaping.

That was her mother's locket. One of the only things left of her. And he had broken it.

"I'm sorry, I must've grabbed it when I fell down"

Noticing the girls expression, he apologised, but it wasn't sincere. He did not know what he had done that would make her cry so bad. It was just a stupid necklace.

Scoffing at the boy, she picked up the pouch and stormed off. She didn't want sweets anymore.

And that was just the start.

When the time came for the sorting ceremony, Reina looked around the hall. It was gorgeous and mesmerising, she felt so out of place. Clasping her hand around her now broken necklace that sat in her pocket, she let out a deep breathe and walked up to the stall when her name was called.

"Carter, Reina"

The hat was placed upon her head, blocking out the students' stares.

"Ah what do we have here?
You resemble your mother in
many ways, yes,
but you seem to have a passion for knowledge,
greater than she who precedes you"

To say she was shocked would be an understatement, this old hat knew her mother? Before she could ask about her or about anything really, it's old and rough voice exclaimed loudly,
"RAVENCLAW!"

The Ravenclaw table erupted into applause, glad to have someone new join their ranks. The hat was gently taken off of her and she merrily skipped to her house.

She had gotten into her desired house.

She was happy.

For now at least.

She followed along behind her prefects, who were leading the first years to the Ravenclaw common room. Reina was chatting joyfully to a boy beside her, both excited to start their time at Hogwarts. She knew a lot already.

She had read the school books, learnt about the history of Hogwarts. Heck she even knew some teachers first names. What she didn't know, was that something very bad was going to happen to her.

As she walked out of the grand doors of the Great Hall, a large bowl of enchanted slime was dumped on her. She gasped loudly and wiped it from her eyes. Students stopped and stared, laughing at the poor girl. Her eyes darted around the crowd to find the culprit, and that's when she saw him.

There he stood in all his egotistical and smug glory. Wand in hand, he was laughing along with a red-head beside him. She ran away, crying her eyes out, only to be stopped by a kind-looking Hufflepuff boy.

He looked about her age and had kind green eyes. He muttered a small spell and the slime came off of her uniform and skin. The Hufflepuff looked at the beautiful little girls solemn expression and pulled her into a hug, completely surprising her.

"I'm so sorry this happened to you" he said as he pulled away. Reina wiped the tears away from her eyes and looked up to him with a small smile.

"I'm Charles Morgan" he introduced with his hand extended. "But you can call me Charlie" he added cheekily. She shook his hand with a small laugh, causing a smile to spread across his face.

"I'm Reina Carter" she said meekly, "Can't really shorten that" she finished awkwardly and he laughed faintly.

"How about Princess?" He asked cockily, earning a confused look from the girl. "Isn't that what it means in Spanish?"

She wanted to laugh out loud at him, and tell him that her name in fact, meant Queen. But she hadn't the heart to do it. Not with that look on his face.

"Sure thing Morgan" she said chuckling and they retracted their hands. With a simple 'see you later', the pair went their separate ways, a bright smile on both their faces.

That night, she met her first ever boyfriend. The boy that she gave everything to.
Her first kiss.
Her first time.
Her first love.

She guessed she had James to thank for that at least.