- t h r e e -

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 ⏣ 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈

I saw you just the other night
I didn't even recognize you

THE PAIR WENT TO THE FARTHEST PART OF THE TRAIN AND WERE GLAD TO HAVE FOUND an empty compartment. It was bad enough that Reina was already out of her comfort zone, she wasn't going to talk to more people than necessary.

Reina read a book while Rose talked about her holidays. This is how their conversations usually went, and it didn't bother either of them. They were just glad to have company.

In her hand was Pride and Prejudice, her late mother's supposed favourite book. It was the only muggle book Ozias allowed her to have, it was an important item that they both treasured dearly. Having been her eighth time reading it, she could practically recite each chapter, word by word.

It was the only fictional book she could even bother to read. After all, it must be special if her mother loved it so much.

"You should really come over sometime, I know you hate my cousin, but the chances of seeing him are slim"

This was a common thing between the pair. Rose would try and convince Reina to come to her house in the summer, or Christmas and she would always politely decline. She didn't like saying no to her friend, but she didn't exactly bode well with people.

Especially James Potter.

Reina knew of Rose's huge family reunions in the holidays. Every Granger-Weasley, Potter and Weasley would come together at some point and celebrate. Of course she didn't want to impose. And she sure as hell didn't want to see him.

"I don't know Rose, I'll think about it" she said before looking back at her book. Rose rolled her eyes before snatching the book away from her hands and putting it down on the seat beside her.

"You always say that you'll 'think about it" she added extra air quotes to prove her point. "Besides, the devil will be staying with your cousins in the holidays"

Reina's eyes shot up from the floor and looked at her friend. Rose was excited when she saw the look on Reina's face, she was actually considering it. "I'm not saying that I'm accepting just yet, let me think about it and I'll get back to you by next week" she told her friend who let out a huff but laughed regardless.

It was true, the main thing that kept her back from agreeing to Rose's proposal, was her cousin. And now that she knows that he'll be with her cousins, Lorcan and Lysander, at Christmas, she might actually accept her offer.

Rose handed her back the book and she went back to reading. "You know, I think my brother has an itsy bitsy crush" she teased and Reina raised an eyebrow, confused as to why she was telling her of all people. Rose noticed her confused face and laughed even more, "I'm talking about you, idiot, he went redder than a Baneberry when he saw you" she said through laughs.

Reina rolled her eyes at her friends antics, but she wouldn't change her for the world.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Just a lil' short chapter. How are you liking the story so far?