- t w e n t y f i v e -

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 ⏣ 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈

𝖱𝖾𝗂𝗇𝖺'𝗌 𝖯.𝖮.𝖵

TIME STARTED TO SLIP THROUGH MY HANDS LIKE SAND.

IT'S A FUNNY FEELING, KNOWING THAT I HAD NO CONTROL OVER MY OWN LIFE.

Only recently had I begun to realise just how precious life is.

I never saw an issue in my ways. How I would look over every detail and search every nook and cranny. How I would spend my time hidden away in the library, thinking that tomorrow would be the day I'd go out and socialise. Tomorrow, is when I'd share my love for the piano with the world.

It's all well and good thinking like that. The trouble is, you think you really have the time for that?

Suddenly, I've realised, there might not be a tomorrow for me.

It's funny how easily life is given.
And it's just hilarious how easy it is to be taken away.

Even today, on my birthday, I do not feel an ounce of excitement or the usual happiness.

All I could think about was death.

The last sleep.
A never sending slumber.
Retribution?

That's obviously what the witch who cursed my blood thought when she tainted my family. She thought that the death of the innocent family of her enemy, would be a good form of revenge. A good deed to the world.

Well here's a fucking medal.

I no longer felt the need to look up to my mother. She was a monster and should be treated as such. Not even an pinch of respect should be given to her.

Lyra, freaking, Malfoy

Or her birth name,

Lyra

Reina

Riddle

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

I GLANCED CURIOUSLY AT THE BOY INFRONT OF ME. THERE I WAS, RELAXING IN MY ROOM, WHEN a girl, no boy, in drag, entered my room.

"What in the name of fuckery is this?"

The boy, who I could now identify as James, tried his best to fake a giggle. "Why Reina, it's me, your best friend, um- Yyvette?"

I tried my best to suppress a laugh. Freaking Yyvette?

"James, are you high?" I asked, genuinely worried. What if the little bitch vomits in my room?

"No!" He gasped, but recovered quickly, "Who is this sexy James you speak of?" He asked, twirling a finger around a strand of kiwi green hair.

"So, Yyvette, what are you doing here?"

I decided to play along. I read a book once, it's better to play along and then send them to a mental asylum. At least they won't be kicking and screaming.

"Slumber party!" He screeched and I winced. Damn, James has a set of pipes on him.

"James, I know it's you" I said, yanking off his wig. James pouted like the little ratty child he is and faked a sob.

"Stop being such a whiny bitch Lorraine"

Growling at me, he snatched the green wig from my hands and dusted it off, scoffing. "It was Yyvette, not Lorraine. Get your facts right"

Chuckling a little, I composed myself.

"So, what are you actually doing here?"

Putting the wig down on my piano, he sat down at the stool. "Well," he begun, "I saw you looking like shit today and asked Rose what was wrong. Surprise, surprise, she didn't know either. So me, being the brave warrior I am, decided to take one for the team and ask you" he finally finished.

I slapped his chest hard. What a toe rag.

"Excuse me, you look like shit everyday, you don't see me dressing in drag to ask you" I argued back, genuinely not seeing the point of his little dress up detour.

"Ok one," he scoffed, "I look ravishing everyday and two, I just want to know what's wrong"

He said the last part so genuinely and sadly, it broke my cold exterior. No one's ever asked me if I was ok.

Smiling weakly, I nodded my head, "Yeh James, I'm fine" I brushed off.

Not believing me, he raises an eyebrow, "I told you once before Reina, don't lie to me"

I bit my lip in thought. How the fuck am I going to get out of this? I couldn't go to him and say:

Hey James, I'm starting to actually like you, but here's the catch! I'm going to die in the next 3-4 years! Wanna get married?

No

So I did what I did best.

Smile and wave.

"I know, but I'm not lying" I assured him. Looking at the fake watch on my wrist, I gasped "Oh look, it's time for lunch!"

I walked out of the room, feeling fairly victorious. I couldn't keep this up though. He knows me, he know me almost too well.

And that scares the shit out of me.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

So, what do you think of the P.O.V chapters?

I'm personally not a big fan of them, but I feel like I should take your opinions into account <3