- f i f t h t e e n -

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 ⏣ 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈

SHE AWOKE IN THE EARLY HOURS OF SUNDAY AFTERNOON, LAYING IN HER BED, still clad in her clothes from the night before.

She recalled the experience in her hazy mind, a smile spreading on her face. Stretching and letting out a yawn, she got out of the comfort of her bed, and walked over to her bathroom.

As she waited for the temperature of the shower to get just right, she fiddled with her ring. A habit she picked up after the incident with her locket. After her mother had mysteriously passed away, she left a total of 5 items in her daughter's possession. A locket, three rings, a book and a bracelet.

Her locket was a worn piece of metal that held a single photo of Reina as a baby, with her mother. She hadn't been able to wear it since that day, no spell could fix it. It was simply immune.

The book was locked but without a key. It was maroon in colour and old in age, but seemed to be in perfect condition. It was enchanted, completely invincible to any threat, such as water.

The set of rings were simply prepossessing, each different with an intricate design. The first ring, that she wore on a day to day basis, was a simple gold band with a large Alexandrite in the middle. Reina's father had told her that her mother's father had brought it for his daughter, as the colour reminded him of her eyes.

She never took it off until death.

The second ring was bulkier in size, with a large Jadeite attached to a silver band. Engraved on the silver was 'Sanctimonia Vincet Semper', something she didn't understand the meaning of. The ring had a latch on it, as if it would open, but wouldn't, not matter how hard she tried.

The third and final ring, was one that she also wore everyday, but not on her finger. Her cousin, Damien, had wore it once, but something bad had happened. Almost as if it was cursed, he was driven to insanity. The very sight of the ring cause him to hyperventilate. So instead, she wore it on a chain around her neck. Engraved on it was,

'Non est bonum et malum, non est nisi potentia, et qui infirma, et ad quaerendum eam'

Reina had unfortunately never seen the bracelet mentioned in her mother's will. She and her father searched for a long time, but it was almost as if it disappeared into thin air.

Another part of her mother's memory lost.

Finally happy with the temperature, she stripped out of her clothes and got into the shower. As the steam surrounded her, she thought of all that had happened.

She had fallen out with Rose, found out that she had not gotten over her stage fright and spent time with James. Not matter how much she would wish to deny it, Reina appreciated him for once in her life.

For that one night, she didn't view him as the insufferable and immature boy who tormented her, but as the boy who made her laugh. The boy who made her feel better, even by the smallest action.

And as much as she denied it, she was starting to regret her plan.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

FULLY CLEAN AND REFRESHED, REINA WALKED INTO THE GREAT HALL FOR DINNER. As she walked over the Ravenclaw table, she ignored the stares sent her way. By now, word had gotten out about her and Rose's disagreement in the library.

They weren't particularly quiet about it.

Sitting down, she piled on the food, blocking out the people around her. It wasn't any of their business, which annoyed her even more than their judgmental looks.

Going to put a mouthful of mash in her mouth, she stopped when she saw two Gryffindor's in front of her. She instantly recognised the pair as Rose's friends.

Nicola Adams and Indiana Redmandson were a year younger than Reina, but were nice enough. Reina never particularly liked them because she didn't appreciate the fact that the two of them often left Rose out. They were only friends with her whenever it fitted them.

I guess it's none of my business anymore, she thought.

"Can I help you?" She sighed dejectedly as she placed her fork back onto the plate. The duo glared for an extra moment before Nicola spoke up.

"We want you to apologise to Rose." she stated firmly while Indiana nodded her head with a smug smile. Reina rolled her eyes at the two.

"How cute," Reina said sarcastically. "I honestly would, but I can't, you see," she began, "I have a little thing called integrity"

Placing two hands on the table, she shot up from her seat and stared them down. "If anyone should be apologising," she started, "It should be her" she said venomously as she pointed to the Gryffindor table.

"So, either she comes her and apologises first, or she doesn't get an apology at all!" she smiled falsely before slamming her hands down on the table, startling those around her.

"Buh bye now" she waved at them like children before walking off. Can't even fight her own battles, she muttered to herself.

Reaching the doors of the Great Hall, she shot one last glare at the Gryffindor table, before turning around and storming off.

James, who had seen and heard the whole thing, had got up to go after her. Ignoring the comments from his friends, he followed after her as she walked out of the hall angrily.

However, what had surprised him was the fact that Charles Morgan, a boy in his year, had also gone to follow her. With a panicked look, the Hufflepuff boy rushed after the girl, not noticing that James Potter was also doing the same.

Unlucky for him, Charles had reached her first.

He watched from afar as he comforted Reina, soothing her as she cried and ranted. He wished he'd be the one to do that, he should be the one doing that. He was slowly losing the girl before he had even got her.

And it was all his own fault.

Reina backed up against the wall, letting out an angry sigh. Sliding down the wall, she ran her hands over her face and began crying in torment and sadness.

Her one and only friend, wouldn't speak to Reina herself. Instead she got some classmates to do it for her. Where had she gone wrong? Where did it even start to go wrong?

Midst her crying, she hadn't noticed a figure approach her. Only when he heard his voice, did she look up at him. Quickly wiping her tears, she gave him a small smile.

Hunching down beside her, he smiled back and rubbed her back, "Hey," he whispered, "It's okay to cry" he said soothingly.

And she did just that.

Reina broke down into tears in her exes arms, not knowing James was watching ever so sadly.