- e i g h t e e n -

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 ⏣ 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈

REINA AWOKE THE NEXT MORNING, WITH A BLINDING HEADACHE. IT ALMOST FELT AS THOUGH SHE WAS CONCUSSED, but she knew it was just a product of her, no doubt extreme, hangover.

She rubbed her eyes viciously, adjusting herself to the blinding morning light that escaped past her deep green curtains. Trying to think back to yesterday, Reina attempted to remember something, anything, but was instead met with blackness.

"What the hell happened?" She asked her reflection, as she looked into the mirror. The last thing she remembered, was James coming into the room with bottles of Firewhiskey, them talking and then it goes blank...

"Why the fuck did I drink so much?" She scolded herself, not happy that she had let herself get that drunk. Reina had always been able to hold her alcohol well, the word lightweight simply wasn't in her dictionary.

Well that's incorrect now.

Reina couldn't even remember how she had gotten back into her room, she swore that she had fallen asleep back in the Room Of Requirements. She thought about asking James, but immediately dismissed it.

One thing she could recall, was that he had even more to drink, than she herself did, therefore completely convincing the girl that he also, did not remember a thing.

Shaking her head at herself, for many different reasons, she begrudgingly got herself ready.

Reina may have had a killer hangover, but it was not going to prevent her learning, nothing could. After showering and brushing her teeth in record time and rushed to put on her uniform.

Her hair had reverted back into it's natural form, soft waves with a few untameable strands that never seemed to agree with her. These particular strands were a nuisance to her, never going into a bun or ponytail, but were long enough to completely distract the girl when they would fall onto her face, causing her to furiously tuck them behind her ear.

Making sure she looked semi-decent, Reina checked herself in the mirror. However, through the mirror, she could make out the time the clock read through the reflection.

"Fuck!" she grunted as she ran out of the door, wand in hand and her leather bag placed on her shoulder.

Reina, already being five minutes late to Herbology, legged it down the halls. Her reputation was on the line. Reaching the greenhouse, she took in a breath as a means of composure, and walked into the room.

"Thank you for gracing us with your presence, Miss Carter," her teacher said sarcastically, as Reina gave him an ashamed look. Seeing his favourite student be late to his class was shocking, but he let her off nonetheless.

Giving her a small yet cheeky smile, he nodded his head in the direction of the sea of desks, "Go take a seat next to Mr Morgan"

She let out a sigh and nodded her head gratefully, Thank god for Neville Longbottom.

Taking her seat, she timidly smiled at the boy next to her, who in return, gave her a sweet smile. Reina cursed herself  internally for forgetting that she had this class with Hufflepuffs, therefore sharing it with her ex and here she was, looking like a mess.

Charles was everything a person could want. He was as beautiful on the inside as he on the outside, and to say he was one of the most gorgeous boys her eyes had ever been blessed with, would be an understatement.

Reina just wished he would see her as more than a friend after what happened between them.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Reina lumbered her way out of the humid greenhouse and made her way to the Great Hall for lunch. Don't get her wrong, she loved herbology, but double herbology? Now that's too much to handle.

Especially when it feels like someone's constantly banging your head against a metal door.

Her hangover had gotten better, but had certainly not, disappeared. She made a mental note to scold James the next time she sees him. As she sat down at the now full, Ravenclaw table, a figure plopped down beside her.

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

Groaning and rubbing her head in circular motions, she turned her head towards James, and gave him her most convincing smile, "How can I help you James?" She asked sweetly through gritted teeth.

The boy wanted to laugh at the sight before him.

The usually tidy girl, sat there with her tie slightly undone, and with her hair looking like she had been pulled through a hedge backwards.

"Rough night, huh?" He asked, clearing his throat and suppressing his laughter. The tiny girl glared daggers at him and flipped the bird at him.

"I would tell you, if I could remember" she all but growled at him.

His eyes widened and his smile dropped ever so slightly. She didn't remember. Sure, he didn't have the clearest memory, but he could still make out a few things from the night before. Acting like it didn't bother him, he continued on.

"I have a question for you" he stated in his usual tone, but she could see past it, even through a hungover mind. He was nervous. Groaning, she motioned for him to continue.

"Come over to my house for Christmas?" He asked rather quickly, hurting her brain. She was shocked to say the least, and sat there frozen for a few moments. The longer he waited, the redder he became.

After hearing the story she told last night, he couldn't help but feel sorry for Reina. She had no one, not even at Christmas. Her father sounded like an asshole and she didn't blame the girl for not wanting to interact with Pansy Parkinson. So he invited her to spend Christmas with him.

She opened her mouth to speak, and he flinched, awaiting rejection, "Ok" she agreed, but still held a grimace on her face. He was tacken back at the lack of fight she put into the matter. Probably the hangover, he thought, might as well make the most of it.

He wasn't wrong. The only reason she agreed, was because of her headache. If she didn't agree, he would undoubtedly argue back at her, therefore making her sit through the excruciating torture of him talking rather loudly.

Smiling brightly at the girl, he lent in closer to her, "I'll meet you at the train station"

She hoped that she didn't regret her impulsive decision.