- t e n -

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 ⏣ 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈

DAYS HAD PASSED SINCE THE DAY OF THE SHOWCASE and all was well. Things were normal, it was no different from any other year, Reina hiding in her books and James driving McGonagall that little bit closer to retirement.

By now everyone knew about her and James.

The news spread like wild fire and neither of them could do anything to stop it. No going back now. Rose had been almost too accepting of them, completely leaving the pair alone. It was highly suspicious to Reina.

However, beggars couldn't be choosers. At least she wasn't breathing down their necks 24/7 and they could see each other less.

She was currently sitting in her Charms class, practicing wand-less magic. It was a required skill and something the books simply couldn't teach her. That fact alone unsettled her, as her only sense of security came solely from her books. She was on edge.

But she put up with it regardless.

Next to her sat a Gryffindor boy, someone she could not for the life of her, name. With tanned skin and green eyes, he was no doubt attractive, but attractiveness only goes so far. You would never catch her gawking at an air-headed boy. Ever.

To add to her uncomfortableness, he had been staring at her for a good portion of the lesson, and she didn't know why.

Clearing her throat, she went back to concentrating on the teacup before her, trying to levitate it. Flitwick had the class try to non-verbally cast the charm, and it was fair to say that most of them struggled.

Reina wanted to scream in frustration, why wasn't the damn spell working?

Deciding to give it one last try before throwing it across the classroom, she concentrated once again. A bright smile etched onto her face as she saw the cup shift ever so slightly. It was working.

Finally managing to levitate it about 3 inches from the desk, Flitwick noticed the girls progress and clapped loudly. "Miss Carter's done it!" He exclaimed joyfully. Every student clapped, even cheered. Every student except James.

He huffed with his arms crossed, rolling his eyes, "Miss Carter's done it!" He told to no one in particular, imitating his teacher's voice. Lysander, who was beside him, elbowed him while clapping.

"C'mon mate, that's your girlfriend after all!" He whispered into his ear and James scoffed.

"No need to remind me," he muttered under his breath.

Lysander rose an eyebrow at his friends attitude. "Trouble in paradise aleady?" He asked in a teasing tone. James nudged him, causing him to fall of his chair with an 'ouch'

We were never in paradise in the first place, he thought.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

HAPPY, WAS THE ONLY WAY TO DESCRIBE HER MOOD. She hadn't seen James for a while now, lessons had ended for the week and dinner went smoothly.

Her happiness, however, was short lived.

Walking out of the hall with a full stomach, she made her way to her private dormitory. Her father was still a strong believer in the old ways, and did not want his daughter associating with 'muggle's and half-breeds'

When her father told her, she hoped McGonagall would deny his offer. But she didn't.

Now she was even more isolated from others. She couldn't complain, it had every thing she ever wanted in it. Including a piano.

She opened her door and let out a breath. Life just got a whole lot harder, she thought. Dropping her bag down, she went to switch on the light, but stopped when her lamp turned on.

Snapping in the direction, wand in hand, she gave a scoff when she realised who it was.

"We need to talk"