- t w e n t y t h r e e -

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 ⏣ 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈

REINA AWOKE WITH A HANGOVER. SHE HAD SEEMED TO PICK UP A HABIT OF THAT, EVER SINCE SHE STARTED TO HANG AROUND JAMES.

She couldn't complain though. Last night, that alcohol was her best friend. It helped her forget.

"Knock knock"

Groaning, Reina wrapped herself in a burrito of sheets and grumbled, "Go away"

The person obviously didn't listen, as they entered anyways, letting the door loudly bang against the door. "Rise and shine snowflake!" She called, making the girl flinch.

"Fuck off"

"Ohhhhh someone's feisty today," she teased. Rose walked over to her drawn curtains, and opened them wide, letting the golden hues of morning sun leak into the room.

"The sun's shining, the birds are singing and it's Christmas!"

Pulling the covers off of her hungover friend, she was met by a threading growl. "If you don't leave me alone, I'm going to shove my foot so far up your arse, your grandchildren will feel it!"

"That's nice," Rose rolled her eyes at her friend and smiled sweetly, "Now get up!"

"But-"

Slapping her friends face, she reprimanded her, "No buts young lady, get your ass down stairs so we can open presents!"

"Fine"

Rose squealed and yanked her out of bed, leading her down the stairs. Thank Merlin she didn't sleep naked.

As the pair reached the bottom of the stairs, Reina was greeted by the Potter family and Hugo. The adults were placed on the sofa, mugs full of coffee in hand to nurse their obvious hangover. At least she wasn't the only one.

James was sat upright against the sofa, his head lent against Hugo's shoulder as he dozed off. The young ginger boy was excited to open his presents, but was even more excited to see Reina.

Not that he'd ever admit it to anyone, especially his cousin (who'd probably beat him with a broom), but he'd developed a small crush on the older girl. He wholeheartedly believed that he had been very subtle about it, but he was incredibly incorrect as the whole family knew.

It wasn't hard to miss his flushed cheeks against his pallid skin. Or the twinkle in his hazel eyes whenever she was around. But they just dismissed it as a silly crush formed out of puppy love, and hoped that James didn't find out.

"Morning darling" greeted Ginny, a bright smile placed on her still youthful face. Harry, who was far to hungover to function, just waved. Laughing slightly, she waved back and muttered a small 'hello' to the pair.