- e l e v e n -

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 ⏣ 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈

REINA GASPED AND MOVED HER WAND TO HIS NECK, how the hell did he know where her room was? No one knew except for Rose and herself.

"You have approximately 5 seconds to tell me why you're here Potter, before I hex you into next week!" she threatened with her hand tightly grasping her wand.

He scoffed and sat up from the chair, with the wand still firmly on against his neck. James looked down at it and slapped it away, causing Reina to growl at him in return. "Easy there darling, remember, you have to be nice to me, we have a deal" he said in a smug voice.

Reina rolled her eyes, although he could not see in the dark room. "I have to be nice to you in public, not behind closed doors" she corrected. He let out an irritated groan before continuing.

"As much as I'd love to sit here and argue with you, I'm actually here for a reason," Reina groaned at the boy. Will he get on with it?

"Your cousin is already suspicious of us" he told her nonchalantly, causing her to raise a brow.

"Which one?" She asked, there were only a limited amount of people he could've actually meant. Lorcan and Lysander, his best friends or Damian. The latter was highly unlikely as he was not able to attend school for certain, reasons.

"Lysander, that boy is the nosiest, most unseasoned prat I've ever met!" He exclaimed and she had to hold in a laugh.

"Unseasoned prat, huh?" She said with a light chuckle and he nodded his head firmly, proud of his insult.

"Anyways, back to the point" he said, clearing his throat. "We need to start acting all coupley" he finished with an internal groan. Reina wanted to throw up in her mouth.

"What do you mean, coupley?" She asked in an aggravated tone. She really wasn't in the mood for this.

James groaned before elaborating his point, "Y'know, couple stuff" he said as though it was the most obvious thing in the world, but Reina was just not getting it. She had a face of confusion as she listened to him explain.

James rolled his eyes before grabbing her by the waist and pulling her closer. Before she could ask what the hell he was doing, he had placed his lips on hers. Reina stood frozen for a few moments before gasping and pushing him away.

"What the hell was that about!?" She asked angrily and he let out an exasperated sigh.

"See, this is what I'm talking about!" he said aggravated. "If I did that in public, and you reacted like that..." he trailed off, looking off into the distance. "Let's just say, we'll both be toast" he finished, with added hand gestures.

Reina couldn't help but roll her eyes at his dramatics, but he was right. They didn't act like a couple at all and people would eventually start to realise.

"So, what do you suggest we do then?" She asked, tired of arguing with him. James smirked victoriously and clapped his hands.

"That's the spirit!" He exclaimed with a girlish squeal, making her cover her ears with her hands. She turned on the lights and looked back at him to give him a death glare.

He turned a blind eye at it, before speaking again. "We are going to Hogsmeade tomorrow, together" he said, emphasising the 'together'. Her face lit up, a plan boiling in her mind.

"No, you can't ditch me either" he voiced her thoughts and Reina's face dropped instantly. For Merlin's sake, she thought. He smirked at her, feeling happy that he actually knew her quite well.

Oh how she would love to wipe that smirk off of his face.

With that idea, another plan formed in her brain. Taking him by surprise this time, she grabbed his shoulders and pulled him down to her level, kissing him. Just like she did, there was a moment of shock for him before he moved his lips against hers.

Reina was surprised at this, not predicting that he would actually kiss back. He even kisses like a cocky idiot, she thought. She pulled away for air and patted his shoulder.

"Is that better?" She asked smugly, leaving him there, dumbfounded.

Oh, he thought, that's how she wants to play.