{Cassian Andor} I Think I Love You

When many think of the Rebellion, they see a shiny image of good and light. However, under the surface, the line between right and wrong becomes blurred. Spies, assassins, and even some Rebel leaders find themselves working in the small gray area in between.
You and Cassian are no exception. Cassian is a spy, collecting information for Rebel Intelligence. You are an assassin, taking out anyone the Rebellion deems a serious threat that cannot be stopped otherwise.
      At first, you two would be paired together only for extremely important missions. Eventually, as you began working together more often, you became a team, going on almost all missions together with the newly reprogrammed K2SO. You helped reprogram K2 to give him his very unique personality. Together, you three were a force to be reckoned with.
     That has changed since the Rebellion split you both up in order to complete more missions. You both can be gone for up to weeks at a time and never see each other other than short briefings and debriefings. With that time, you have begun to come to terms with your affection for Captain Andor.
     You noticed it for the first time when you and K2 went into a small weapons factory disguised as Imperial workers. It had turned nasty fairly quickly after K2 was almost taken to be reprogrammed again by the Empire. You had been wounded and became weaker by the second as you tried to defend yourself. Cassian managed to save K2 and come to your aid at what seemed to be the last possible second. However, it wasn't this savior act that caused you to recognize your feelings. That moment came when he carried you back to the ship and raced back to Yavin IV, despite his orders to stay on-planet. Just before you passed out due to your injuries, you could have swore you heard him say "I need you, ____. I think I love you."
You never got the chance to ask him, because by the time you were released from the medical wing, they had sent him off on a new mission. You weren't too worried, because you had been in the medical wing for a week. Of course they'd send him on one without you until you were fully healed. However, they called you in and sent you basically to the opposite side of the galaxy for a solo mission. From then on, you've never had the chance to ask him.
One late night months later, you walk into Command, fresh from an assignment to take out a Rebel defector who was attempting to sell the Rebel base's classified location to Imperial Intelligence. Fighting had broken out during the assignment, but you managed to escape with a large gash down your arm and a good cut on your forehead, but you were well enough to make it back to base and quickly debrief. As you walk in, you make brief eye contact with Captain Andor. He immediately notices the cut on your forehead and makes his way over to you. "You might want to go get that checked out before we start," he says in his thick Festian accent.
You shake your head at his suggestion, "I'm already here. I'm fine." You walk past him and stand in front of the circular holotable, before the Council.
     General Draven nods, signaling you to begin your report. "The target on Corellia has been eliminated, but fighting in Corellia has begun. It looks as if they are beginning to rebel against Imperial occupation."
"Do we know if the defector released the information?" Mon Motha questions.
You nod noticing your head starting to get fuzzy, "The target was supposed to meet with the Imperial contact the next day. Unless the contact came two days early, the information is safe."
     Cassian notes your small side step and gives you a concerned look. After a few more questions from the Council, General Draven finally gives you another nod, ending your debriefing.
     You quickly turn to go to the medical wing. As you make your way down the hall, Cassian walks up beside you, "You lied." You look over at him in confusion. "You told me you were fine. Fine would be just a scratch like the one on your forehead, not the huge gash down your arm you attempted to conceal from both me and the Council."
     You roll your eyes, "Don't tell me you haven't given a debriefing after being severely wounded. We've both done it before, and I'm on my way to the medical wing. What more do you want?" You say starting to become frustrated.
     Suddenly, a pain sears through your head, bringing you to the floor. "____?!" Cassian yells out. You blackout to the sound of his distant voice, "Hang on."
•••••••••••••
     You wake up in the medical wing, stitched up and on high alert. You're not alone in the room. You look over to see Cassian Andor asleep in the chair next to your cot. You smile to yourself and then cough loudly, waking him up. His hand flies to his holster to find it empty. Then, his dark eyes look up at you. "____, you're alright," he says in relief.
     "See, I'm fine." You say mock-triumphantly.
     His face changes from relief to anger. "What the hell were you thinking? You almost died! Don't you ever pull one of those again. Am I clear?" He starts to lecture.
     You begin to laugh as you sarcastically salute, "Yes, Captain."
    "I'm serious. Do you know what I would do without yo—" He lets out before he realizes it.
     You raise an eyebrow at him and chuckle quietly, "No, you've got to finish it now. I won't let you get by without saying it."
     He sighs and gets up to sit by you on your cot. "____, I've made a big mistake."
Abort! Abort! This isn't what I meant! I meant finish the sentence!
     "After our mission to the Imperial factory. I almost lost you. I wouldn't admit it, but I caught feelings and let it overtake my actions. I don't regret anything about that day except for when I asked for us to be placed on separate missions from then on. I thought I was protecting you, but here we are again. The only difference this time is that I'm not leaving you." You look up at him and smile with tears threatening to spill over. "____, I think I love you, and if I lost you, I don't know what I'd do. I know I don't deserve to say that after what I've done, but all that I ask is that you forgive me."
     Without a second thought, you bring your lips to his and melt into his embrace. You two stay that way for a few seconds until he pulls away.
     "So I guess you feel the same." He says cockily.
     You give him a smile, "Of course I do. I have since you tried to tell me when I blacked out the last time."
     "Wait, you were awake for that? K2 said you were out cold." He says in shock.
     You laugh, knowing K2S0 is most likely outside the room, hearing all of this, "Well, I was once told to never underestimate a droid. Maybe you shouldn't overestimate yours."

A/N This might be one of the last ones before I open it up, but I've decided to give you all a prompt list, and let you guys request a prompt number and a character. I'll have it up sometime in the near future. Just be patient with me as I work on it.
May the Force be with you!
- Sarah