{Han Solo} The Advisor [Request] Pt.1

The life of a smuggler promised a life of adventure, risk-taking, and trouble wherever you go. Of course, this mission was no different. You have been assigned to complete a run with the infamous Han Solo and Chewbacca on the fastest ship around, the Millennium Falcon.

Jabba has sent you as an advisor on the mission, not wanting the sly smuggler to pull another one of his crazy, reckless stunts. For once, this run is to be done strictly by the book. No risks. No trouble.

As you stand in front of the freighter, you remember when you had your chance to be one of the smuggler pilots. It hadn't ended well for you or your crew. You were forced to become an advisor for your employer, Jabba, and had to watch as your crew had bounties placed on their heads for your mistakes. That's not going to happen this time.

"Yeah, she sure is a beauty, isn't she?" You almost jump at the sound of the capitan's voice.

You nod, "You don't see any of these freighters made any more. She's a YT-1300 Corellian, am I right?"

Han gives her a quizzical look, "Well, someone knows her stuff. What did you say your name was again?"

"____ ____."

Just as he's about to say something cheeky, his co-pilot, the Wookie Chewbacca approaches you and greets you with a friendly growl. Han translates, "This is Chewbacca. He wants to welcome you aboard, Miss ____."

"Miss?" you laugh. "You can just call me ____."

Chewbacca smiles and hits Han on the back, making his cheeks turn a light pink. The Wookie walks up the ramp of the Falcon with you following right behind her.

     Once inside the cockpit, you take a seat near the back. Han sits in the pilot's chair, looks to Chewbacca and then to me, and smirks, "Punch it, Chewie."

     In the blink of an eye, the Falcon took off, jumping to lightspeed. As the blue streaks pass you by, Han turns around in his seat, "So, advisor, what's the plan?"

     "Chewie and I will go in the facility and make contact with the supplier. Han, your job is to extract the cargo from the docking bay. Chewie and I will come back, and we will be on our way. No risk-taking. No funny business." You shoot Han a look.

"What are you looking at me for, sweetheart?" Han asks.

     You roll your eyes at the pilot, knowing his reputation for always getting himself in over his head. Just then, the ship pulls out of lightspeed. All attention turns to the planet of Oba Diah. This is strictly by the book. Nothing can go wrong. Just stick to the plan.

     Han visibly shifts when the planet comes into view. He glances at Chewbacca with a worried expression that the Wookie returns. Despite the looks they share, neither of them say a word as the ship lands on docking bay 3.

You get up from your seat to walk towards the ramp, but a hand rests on your shoulder, causing you to turn around. "____, I'm not sure this is such a great idea. The Pykes are known to collaborate with Imperials from time to time. In fact, Chewie and I have experience with these crooks. The second we leave the bay, they'll call on the Imperials to report "stolen" cargo. The Empire will swoop in, take the cargo from us, out it aboard their own ships and carry it back to wherever their base is. It's the only way for them to acquire the spices without raising too much suspicion."

     You shake your head, "That's absurd. Why would the Empire pick on smugglers when they have the arsenal to simply take it themselves? Besides, that's why I'm here."

     "That's why your here? What to hand the spice over to the Empire?" Han argues.

     You scoff, "No, my job is to make sure that in case we are "boarded", as you have often made the excuse, that the spice remains safe on the ship."

     "And how do you plan on doing that, sweetheart?" Han folds his arms and raises an eyebrow, almost daring you to answer.

"Wouldn't you like to know," you fire back. With that, you walk down the ramp where Chewbacca is waiting. You glance up at the Wookie, "How do you put up with him?"

Chewbacca shrugs and lets out a few growls and roars in reply. You can't interpret much, but the portion you can makes you chuckle, "I agree. Maybe we can throw him out after this job. What do you say, big guy?"

Chewbacca laughs, but is cut off by the approaching party of Pykes, "Welcome to Oba Diah."

You dip your head in respect, "I am ____ and this is my partner, Chewie. I was sent by Jabba to collect some spices from your lovely operation here." This is the worst part of these missions, the formalities.

The lead Pyke nods, "Yes, we received a transmission from him. Your cargo will be loaded immediately, but of course, we need to discuss payment, shall we?"

author's note:
This one is going to be split up into two parts. I can't seem to make myself stick to my normal cutoff of 600 words. Oh well. I hope you enjoy it, and shoutout to whoever requested this, I can't exactly remember who it was.
May the Force be with you!
- Sarah