{Luke Skywalker} Endor Confessions Pt. 2 [Request]

Everything was going according to plan, until it wasn't. The intel, the plan, and the entire mission was all an Imperial trap. Now, you and the rest of the freedom fighters are locked in a brutal showdown. Han and Leia work on rewiring the blast doors while wave after wave of stormtroopers barrage your area. After a moment of peace, you look up to the Death Star. Luke, be careful.
     Immediately, you feel a burning sensation in your arm. You cry out before taking one last shot at the trooper who managed to shoot you. Who knew they could actually aim? You lean back on a tree behind you and try to regulate your breathing. An Ewok notices this and walks over to you, not before tearing off a piece of his poncho. He wraps it around your wound and looks up to you. "Nub nub."
You chuckle, "Thank you." You pet his head and watch as he runs back into the fray with nothing but a small spear and pocket full of rocks. You are able to stand up, but you notice Han and Leia struggling with the door. You start to walk over to them. When you reach them, you see R2 fly backwards.
     "____, thank the Force you're here. Han's working on the blast door and R2 just went into overload. We need to cover him." Leia orders. You nod and take your place, firing on troopers that come too close. Eventually, you are overrun and Leia is shot as well. It looks as if the three of you are about to be captured. Out of nowhere, an AT-ST opens fire on the Imperials. You look up and notice that the driver of the vehicle is slightly taller than the average trooper and much furrier.
     "Chewie?" You call out. The Wookie responds with a loud roar as he pops up from the AT-ST.
     Han comes up with an idea to open the blast doors. He asks Chewie to open fire on the door to force it open. After the blast door is blasted open, the rebels get to work placing bombs all around the station. When the last bomb is in place, you run for the hills. You turn to see Han racing out as the bombs detonate. He falls face first, but stands up a moment later with a grin plastered on his face. A couple minutes later, the Death Star explodes. You begin to panic. Luke! He was on the Death Star! Did he get off in time? What if he didn't? You bow your head in defeat. I told him not to go...

* Time Skip *

     That night, the Rebels celebrate their victory. You try to smile and join the festivities, but without Luke, it just isn't the same. Every time you both made it back from a mission that seemed impossible, every risk you would take for the Rebellion, and every celebration after a victory, those were all things you did together. Even on Tatooine all those years ago, you were inseparable. Now, it was like trying to fly a ship without the engine. You were stuck. So instead of celebrating, you stand by the wooden railing, looking out at the forest floor where he had left the night before.
Half an hour later, you come to the conclusion he was really gone. You begin to walk back to the hut serving as the barracks for the night. Out of the corner of your eye, you notice something move. You spin around with your blaster in your hand, "Who's there?" When you don't get a reply, you walk over to where you saw the movement. You call out once more, "Come out, or I'll shoot." The figure rushes out into the light. You drop the blaster out of shock. "Luke?"
He nods and you run to him, closing the distance. You wrap him in a tight embrace and begin to let the tears fall, "Luke, I thought I lost you."
     He chuckles, "Lost me? ____, I made a promise to come back to you. In fact, I'll always come back to you." Han and Leia walk over once they notice Luke. Luke begins to blush furiously. He takes a deep breath and gets on one knee. You cover your mouth, and your eyes begin to water.
     "____, we've been together long before we started dating. I've grown up with you on Tatooine, and we've been inseparable since. I don't see a reason to change that now. No matter where we are or how far apart we may be, you are the most important to me. No matter what distractions try to get in the way, nothing can outshine or outlast you. It's always been you, ____." Luke reaches for the hand not covering you mouth, "____ ____, would you make me the luckiest man in the galaxy by becoming ____ Skywalker? Will you marry me?"
     You nod and quietly let out a squeal, "Yes!" He stands up and he pulls you in for a deep kiss. Leia elbows Han in the side as he whistles.
     "What?" He looks over at her. With a smirk he yells out, "Finally!" His yell results in a harsher elbow to his side.
     Both you and Luke turn to the others and laugh. You look up at Luke, "Is it a bad time to tell them?"
     He shrugs, "That's up to you." You smile at him and look at where the two were standing not two seconds ago.
     "Well, we can tell them later. Let's celebrate." You lead him back to where the rest of the Rebels and Ewoks are dancing around a fire, celebrating their victory over the Empire. _____ Skywalker, it has a nice ring to it.

A/N I have been super excited to put this one up. Honestly, I like the way this one flows with part one. Once again, kudos to CoraEx for this request. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it!
May the Force be with you!!
- Sarah