{Han Solo} The Advisor [Request] Pt.2

Soon enough, the spice is loaded aboard the Millennium Falcon and the three of you set course back to Tatooine where Jabba awaits the spices. After double-checking the spice is safely secured in the cargo hold, you begin walking to the cockpit, but before you enter, you hear Han and Chewbacca arguing.

"You don't actually mean that. Of course she seems innocent to you, but don't you remember Qui'ra? This has all happened before, and if we don't remain wary of her, it will happen again."

Chewbacca growls in frustration. Han just shakes his head, "Chewie, I can't let down my guard for a second or I might end up trusting her, and that's something I can't afford to allow. Now let's just get out of the atmosphere before her Empire friends come looking."

Han turns around to mess with a beeping button behind him, but he notices your figure leaving the cockpit. How much of that did she hear?

Without hesitation, he followed you out to the main hold where you sat, examining an old flight helmet. "I was one of Jabba's pilots once," you say when you notice Han out of the corner of your eye. "I had the chance to make the Kessel Run, but before I could make the jump to lightspeed, I was boarded by the Empire. My crew was forced to hand over the spice, after they threatened to take me in for interrogation. When we went home empty-handed, that was it. I was forced into slavery as one of Jabba's advisors and the others managed to escape, but they had bounties placed on their heads. I've had to watch and personally sentence each member of the crew I was with once they were caught. I am the lone survivor of that day." A tear rolls down your cheek as you glance up at the captain. "I know you think I'm guilty of being one of the Empire's little spies, but I lost everything because of them."

Han stands there speechless. He tries to find a way to smooth-talk his way out of the situation he's caused, but before he can get the chance, the ship lurches and Chewbacca can be heard roaring from the cockpit. Instantly, the both of you run for the cockpit to find Han was right. The Empire is here.

Han sits down at the console and frantically attempts to steer out of the approaching Star Destroyer's path, but his efforts are futile. "Chewie, reroute all power to--"

You cut him off, "Han, it's a tractor beam. We have no choice. Looks like we are going to have to fight our way out."

Chewbacca roars in objection, but Han sighs, "She's right."

When the three of you are equipped with blasters, you hide around various places in the Falcon and wait for the first unlucky stormtrooper to walk through the door. However, the thought occurs to you that waging a war with just the three of you is going to be useless. So instead of waiting for Han or Chewie to blast any of them, you walk out from your hiding place, just in time to see the first officer walk through the door.

Just before Han shoots, you block his view of the door. What is she doing now? From his spot he can here your voice. "Officer, what an honor it is to have you on board, is there something I can help you with?"

The officer holsters his pistol, "Yes actually. We have heard of a band of smugglers in the area have stolen an important shipment of spice." You risk a glance back at Han, who gives you a pleading look. It was as if you could hear his voice in your head, ____, please.

     You turn to the officer, "Oh really? This is the first I've heard of it. We will be on the lookout for these scum."

     The officer holds his hand up as if something seemed suspicious. "We?"

     You try to hide your fear, but Han comes to your aid, "Hello fellas, I'm Han Solo, captain of the Millennium Falcon. Is there a problem?"

     He stands close to you, your shoulders touching as he attempts to comfort you. "Yes. We would like to inspect your ship for the missing cargo." The officer gives you a particularly long look, "Just to make sure your first mate here is true to her word."

You look to him as he glances down at you, "Of course."

The troopers search high and low, but never find the spice. They form up on the door and begin to leave when the officer squints at a slightly misplaced panel in the wall. He personally walks over and removes the panel, not once looking back at the two of you.

It all happens so fast. Chewbacca pops out of an empty container and fires on the squad of troopers. They fire back in response. All of the sudden, it becomes a shoot-out as the troopers try to escort the officer back to the Star Destroyer. Han busies himself with the incoming troopers while Chewbacca supports him. You notice that the officer is getting away, so you come out from your spot next to Han and fire a single shot at the gray uniform, blasting him straight to through the heart.

At this, the blasting stops as troopers rush to his aid. This allows time for Han to force them off the ship and for Chewie to race to the cockpit. We did it. You give Han a smile as he approaches you, but his face falls when he gets closer. Looking down at your chest, you notice the red bloom starting to stain your shirt. It isn't until you see it that you feel it.

You collapse to the ground, crying out in agony as you hit the floor. Han is there within a split-second. Seeing the fear in your eyes, he tries to talk to you, distracting you from the situation. "Hey, ____. Look at me. Look at me. You did good." He gives you a smile and continues, "I'm gonna look at the wound, okay?" He pulls your shirt over your head and tries to assess the damage. Although he tries to hide it, he can't stop the look of terror in his eyes when he looks back up to you, "The officer. He hurt you, didn't he?"

You nod, not able to give a response. Han looks frantically around for a medical kit, but there's not one in sight. Suddenly, the ship lurches as the Falcon pulls out of the tractor beam and makes the jump to lightspeed. How did we escape the tractor beam? That's impossible, unless...

With the strength you have, you pull yourself to sit upright and look behind you. Only then do you notice the empty panels. "Han, the...the spice?"

The pilot's face falls, "Chewie had to drop it. It's the only way we can get you back to Tatooine in time." Water begins to well up in his eyes as he tries to smile, "We'll get you there. I won't leave your side until we do. Just stay with me."

Your vision begins to blur as Han fades from your view. In that moment, you see the vague figures of the crew you lost that day so long ago. "It's time to come home, ____. The mission is finally over."

     A single phrase slips between your lips before you take your last breath. Han carefully commits it to memory as you lay in his arms, "I going home."

     With that, you go limp. He bows his head in defeat and carries you to one of the beds in the cabin quarters. With a single kiss to your forehead, he mumbles, "You did good, sweetheart. Rest in peace, ____."

author's note:
     wow, and i thought the last one was long... anyway, i really struggled with the ending of whether to make it happy or sad, but in my little teenage mind, sad/angst wins every time. sorry for the sad endings here lately, i'll try to make the next couple happier 😂
May the Force be with you!
- Sarah