{Ben Solo/Kylo Ren} More Than a Childhood Crush [Request]

The valley glowed as it burned. The light from the burning Jedi Temple illuminated the  surrounding area, just enough for you to see the destruction, the other Jedi and padawans that were slain, and finally, the last remnant of the New Jedi Order, a single book, held in the arms of a padawan who had tried to hide from him.
      You picked up the book and immediately recognized it's leather binding. The Journal Entries of Master Obi-Wan Kenobi. You smiled slightly at the book, but flipped it over to see a scorch mark across the back, serving as a reminder of what had happened.
     Suddenly, a familiar figure appeared. Master Luke Skywalker. "Why did you bring me back here? It doesn't change what happened here."
     "I didn't bring you here. You did." He replied without any hint of sarcasm.
     "Nice try, Master Skywalker, but why would I ever voluntarily bring us back to this day?" You asked.
"I can only appear wherever your mind imagines me to be. Really, I should be asking why have you brought me here?" he explains.
You look down at the grass, unable to answer at first. After a moment, you crouch next to the padawan who was holding Obi-Wan's Journal only to see someone else's face. One you know too well. Ben.
Luke sighs finally understanding, "____, you're not the only one who's still holding on to the hope that he'll come back. My sister, Leia, hopes as you do. I can't say that I do."
     You look at him incredulously, "But he's your nephew. Surely you have some hope."
He shrugs, "____, I failed him. It's my fault this happened. I lost hope in him before he destroyed the Temple. He was already gone before I went to confront him." The Jedi master looks down in shame.
"Master Skywalker, you would always tell us, 'No one's ever really gone.' I don't believe for a second that you don't still believe that too. Wherever you are in this vast galaxy, I know you still have hope. One day, you'll see what Leia and I see in him." You smile, thinking about the light you can still sense whenever you reach out through the Force to feel Ben. Of course there have been times where it's hard to sense, but no matter what, it's always been there, never fully vanquished from himself. You walk to stand in front of your former master, "I'll bring him back. You'll see."
Luke looks down solemnly, "We'll see."

The dream ends as you wake up in your quarters on D'Qar. You hear the sound of someone knocking on the door. With a yawn, you say, "Come in."
Your best friend, Poe Dameron, walks in, already ranting about how the night shift is too boring for him. It makes you chuckle.
"What's so funny, Jedi?"
If anyone else called you Jedi, you'd have knocked them against the nearest wall already, but since he was the one to find you on ... all alone after the destruction of the Temple, you let him use the nickname.
     "Just you, ranting before the sun has fully come up."
     He raises an eyebrow, "If it's so funny, I'll make sure to put you on it tomorrow night."
     You feign horror, "You wouldn't."
     "Don't mess with me, Jedi. You know I will." With that, you crack up, falling back into your bed from where you had sat up. When you finally sit up, Poe is giving you a strange look.
     You give him a look of confusion, "What, is there something on my face?"
     "No. ____, are you okay?" He looks at you with genuine concern. What's going on. We were just joking around, where did all this seriousness come from?
     That's when you notice it, the journal on your desk, floating, without you touching it or even thinking about it. You look around the room to see various items floating around your room. "What? Poe, I'm not doing this."
     Suddenly, everything crashes to the floor. You draw in a sharp breath and look at your best friend.
     He asks again, "____, are you sure you're okay?"
     "I uh, I'm fine. I need to go talk to the General. I'm gonna, um, you know.." you stutter.
     Poe gets the message and leaves the room. You get dressed quickly and rush to Command, where you know you'll be able to find Leia. When you enter Command, she's already waiting for you, "____, we need to talk.

A/N I'm on a little bit of a time crunch so this note will be brief. Request by @AllisonTart.
May the Force be with you!
- Sarah