Entry #6

I went out again today to buy myself some groceries since I was running out. And it was around the dairy section where I unexpectedly run into your friend, Hueningkai. He approached me first and asked if I would mind to have a coffee with him. I answered no and then he accompanied me throughout my grocery session while occasionally catching up on things. After that, we proceeded to get that coffee he was asking me to.

It was in that little café you used to go to whenever you're upset or when we'd have a misunderstanding. I almost smiled at the thought but then I remembered that I'm never gonna meet you there anymore.

We won't make up anymore.

Kai was kind enough to treat me a coffee together with the cheesecake you loved to get me and I almost called out your name when I was thanking him.

We talked about lots of things and the usual "how life is going so far" and as we talked, I remembered how good it was to have someone to talk to. But of course, I couldn't stop myself from asking how you are. He was a bit startled at first but he eventually gave me a small smile and said that you are fine.

But I swear I noticed how he hesitated and I nearly convinced myself that he was lying and that maybe you're not really fine but instead you're broken too and you're torn and regretting your decision of ever leaving me. Because honestly, it would kill me more if it's that easy for you.

Kai might had noticed me dwelling with my thoughts and so he brought out his phone and showed me a picture of you together with your group of friends, smiling.

But I know your smile very well, Soobin. Well enough to know that you, smiling in that picture, was forced.