Epilogue

"Taehyun?" Yeonjun's eyes were wide in surprise upon seeing his friend. He got up from where he was sitting and approached the male. "Hey, what brings you here?"

The boy, who was now known as Taehyun accepted his friend's embrace and return it with a smile. "I was actually on my way to your house. Good thing I saw you here." He said while gesturing to the café beside them.

This sentence alone was enough to make Yeonjun's eyebrows crease. He hasn't been meeting with their common friends for months now so it's natural for him to wonder why Taehyun suddenly decided to pay him a visit.

"Don't get me wrong, I would love to have you as a guest and catch up but, why all of a sudden?" Yeonjun asked, his head tilted to the side a little bit; a habit of his everyone who knows him best has grown familiar with.

Taehyun smiled at this, but it wasn't the kind that's supposed to light up the street, rather, it was the kind of smile that makes your skin crawl for what's about to come next.

Yeonjun doesn't know if he wants to find out what's coming.

"It isn't particularly a simple visit hyung," the younger hesitates and looks down. Yeonjun follows where his gaze fell and only then did he notice the small package his friend is holding. "It's a request and I'm supposed to give something to y—"

"It's from him isn't it?" Yeonjun found himself blurting out before he could even catch himself. He unconsciously grips on the hem of his cardigan as he felt Taehyun's eyes on him. He doesn't want to look at those eyes and find them pitying him so he avoided his gaze.

"Yeonjun hyung," Taehyun called out, his tone a mix between worry and shame. He reluctantly reached his arms forward and handed Yeonjun the package, which the male shakily accepted.

___

From the time Yeonjun got back home, he couldn't stop himself from crying.

He doesn't understand how he feels.

Is he relieved? Betrayed? He doesn't know.

How is he supposed to let go of everything now that he found out the truth?

When Taehyun gave him the package, he wasn't really expecting much. But when he opened the box and saw what was inside he knew he couldn't stay out for longer so he rushed back home. He wasn't even able to say goodbye to Taehyun anymore.

Soobin never stopped loving him.

He shouldn't have doubted him— should've known there's a big reason behind Soobin's decision but he was so hurt that he just assumed the worst.

And there it is now, Soobin's explanation on the palm of his hand as he cried harder than any day he had cried for the past year.

Call him stupid for this but, this time he'll trust Soobin.

He will wait for him.

No matter how long.

Because Soobin always find his way home.

Back to him.