Entry #20

Exactly a year ago, you and I planned to go out of town.

We were there in your room, watching this one Spiderman movie when you suddenly paused it. I looked up at you then, confused as to why you suddenly stopped the movie but you just pulled me closer to you.

I remember I let out a shriek because of what you did. Your action caused the bowl of popcorn to fall from my lap resulting for it to create a mess down the floor. I glared at you because of that but you were just laughing and told me you would clean it up later.

And just when you had me wrapped around your arms with my head pressed against your chest, you put your head down on my neck. I scolded you because it was tickling me, do you remember? But you had this habit of not listening to me when you know I didn't mean what I said.

A comfortable silence engulfed the both of us right after, your hands traveling down on mine to intertwine them together. I smiled the moment you did that and moved my head upwards so I could look at you. We shared a short chaste kiss then, Soobin. Your lips swiftly pressing down on mine as we both smiled into it.

And that's when you said you've been wanting to have a vacation with just the two of us but was not able to bring it up because we were both busy with our own jobs.

I agreed I wanted to have one too and so we started planning even though we had no idea when we would be able to do it.

You told me you wanted to visit Busan for a change and I just said anywhere would be fine for me as long as we get to go to a beach. I could still picture the disbelief look on your face right after I told you that. You almost let go of me and push me off the bed, didn't you? And then you started whining about not knowing how to swim and accuse of me of wanting to play a trick of drowning you.

And then once you realized I was actually serious, you apologized with a sheepish smile on your face and held me tighter. I pretended to be sulky and threatened you to go alone instead but you were persistent and coax me with your sweet words.

As I think about it now, the only thing I want to say is, fuck you and your way with words Soobin.

Why do I always have to fall for them?

We could've gone, you know? We could've actually gone if you didn't decide to leave.

Then maybe, I wouldn't be alone right now.

In Busan.

At this beach we planned to visit.

Doing the things we were supposed to do together.

You could have been walking right beside me right now.

Hand in hand

Instead of me imagining that you were here with me.

If only you didn't leave.