Chapter 3 - We've All Lost Something

That night at the bar was more fun than I thought it would be.  We had a couple drinks each and Blake had more than the rest of us. Miranda had to drive both of them home that night. Blake kept telling me that I'm cool and that I need to hang around them more. Miranda let him keep going too. She thought it was hilarious when he made a fool of himself. I stopped myself after 4 beers and let Luke drink as much as he wanted. Jason's wife called him and wanted him to come home for dinner. He asked if I could take drunken Luke home. I had no problem with it. Gas may not be cheap, especially for a truck, but thanks to these people I am making money and able to survive and live in Nashville longer. Luke ordered shots and I told him I don't like drinking and driving. So I'll pass. He at least got me to drink one more beer.  Miranda and Blake left before we did. Luke and I sat at the bar talking. He got trashed. He was talking about everything.  The bar was about to close and I went to the bartender to take care of my tab. He handed me a piece of paper. I thought it was going to be how much I owed but it was a note from Miranda.
"This night was on us. Welcome to the Country Music Business. We are happy to call you our friend." - Miranda + Blake
I smiled and thanked the bar tender. Luke handed him his credit card. He didn't even look at the price. I helped Luke into the truck and asked him how I get to his place from here.  He took me in a circle then got me straight to his house. I was so confused at where I was at by time I got there. I could only hope I would be able to make it back to my apartment. I had to help Luke up his step into his large house. He had a huge farm with a wonderful pond close by. His truck was a Chevy lifted on 35's. Most women wouldn't say that attracts them more to a man but His truck was making me deafeningly fall for him more. He fumbled with his keys for about five minutes. I was about to ask him if he needed help when he finally got it. He opened the door and stumbled in almost falling. I now know how Miranda feels trying to bring Blake into their home. Luke looked at me and laughed.
"You're allowed in." He said. I entered the house. I shut the door and locked it behind me because a force of habit. "Welcome to my home Darlin." He said walking to the stairs and stumbling I went and helped him up the stairs. I had him walk to where his bedroom would be. He made me do a quick pit stop at the bathroom. He was drunk enough to leave the door open and I stood outside to the right.  He washed his hands and I helped him the rest of the way to his room. "Thank you for helping drunken Ol' me." He said and laughed collapsing onto his bed.
"You're welcome. It's the least I can do." I said smiling. He looked at me and smiled.
"You have a pretty smile. You're dimples make it adorable." He said slurring the last word. He leaned up and took off his boots. He took off his shirt then was going straight for his pants. He was fumbling so badly. I laughed at him because of the face he was making. "A little help maybe? Laughing doesn't help much." He said with a smirk.
"I thought it did wonders." I said smiling walking over to him helping him get his legs out his jeans. They were tight and I understood why. He got up and turned on his night stand light. Now the room light up. It didn't just have the light from the moon.  He sat to the right side of the bed then laid back. I couldn't help but stair at him as he was just laying his head back. He had an almost fit body. He had a farmer's tan, and muscles. His skin looked flawless. His face was amazing. His scruff was from his throat all the way up his cheeks. It was the perfect amount for him. Shaking my head to get me out of my daze I realized he is probably asleep. I was about to walk out when he called my name.
"Nikki…."He said in a sort of sad voice. I turned around and started walking towards him.
"Yes?" I asked sitting on the other side of the bed. He leaned up putting his back to the head board. He tilted his head back and closed his eyes.
"I know how you feel…. I lost my brother and my sister. "He said with tears in his eyes. I put my hands on his and he looked at me. His eyes were bloodshot. You could tell how upset he was. I hope my story of my father didn't bring this on. "My brother passed away in 96…. He died in a car accident. I stayed with my parents instead of coming to Nashville because I knew they would want me around. My father made me come here. He wanted me to peruse my dreams. Then my sister dies unexpectedly after my first show here in Nashville. I'm my parent's last child." He said with tears rolling down his face.
 I cuddled into him holding him tight. He nuzzled his head into my neck and cried. It brought tears to my eyes seeing him so distraught. When he stopped crying he put his head onto of mine and held me tight. I could hear his heartbeat because my head was lying on his chest. His breathing slowed down and I fell asleep to the sound of his heartbeat.
I woke up the next morning with the sun in my eyes. I was alone in bed. I lifted my head up and looked around.  Luke's room was like a cabin room. I was in camo sheets. He had a deer head over the dresser. A carpet in the middle of the floor. The walls and floor were a nice oak. He had pictures on the wall. His lamps looked like deer legs. I stretched and when I looked back at the door. There was Luke. In Jeans and a white tee-shirt staring at me smiling.
"Goodmornin. Sleep well?" He asked coming up and sitting back on the side of the bed he laid in.
"Very." I said smiling at him rubbing my eyes.
"Me too. I'm sorry about last night. I drank way too much…." He said and I just grabbed his hand and looked at him.
"You're fine. I enjoyed last night. I'm also glad I could be there for you last night like you were for me." He smiled. He leaned over and I thought he was going to kiss me. He put his hand on my hip. I looked up at him and he smirked. Then he pulled the covers off of me.
"Well looks like it's time for you to get up." Luke said getting up standing at the end of the bed.
 I looked at myself and I was in my tank top and jeans. My flannel was in my truck because it got hot in the bar. I threw my legs over the side of the bed and saw my boots. I quickly put them on and followed Luke.  He offered me breakfast but I denied. I felt like I had to get back to my apartment. He understood. He asked me for my number for business and other reasons. I laughed when he said other reasons because of how he looked at me when he said it.
I went back to my apartment smiling to myself. I just spent the night at Luke Bryan's house. I got to drink with Country Music stars. I got 5 songs taken by artist and Luke wants to see more and get help. This is turning out to be a dream comes true. I went to my apartment and got a shower. I changed and cleaned up the apartment a little. I kept thinking maybe I could get a better apartment if I keep having people want my lyrics. I had to do a couple choirs that day. I did my laundry. I made my bed. I bought food for my ridge. I cleaned around the place and that is something I didn't have the ambition to do. Now since everything was going great my spirit has been lifted. In the middle of cleaning the bathroom my phone went off with a text.
*Hey Miss Daniels. It's Luke. I know it's quick and all but I would like to get down to business and discuss lyrics with you if you're able to today*
-Hey Luke. What time today would you like to and where would you want to meet?-
*Your apartment around 4:30?*
-Alright. My apartment is on 321 Singers RD, Apt 26-
*See you then. =]*
I smiled at seeing he used a smiley face. I shook my head telling myself nothing was going to go on. Don't get your hopes up kid.  I realized that my living room that was connected to the kitchen was a mess. That is where I had all my papers all over the place. SO many lyrics and all over the place. My laptop was sitting open. Pillows to the couch were on the floor. I even had my extra blanket there. It was 3:30 so I probably had less than an hour if he was a man who liked to be early.
It felt like it took forever. I was sitting on my couch organizing the big pile of papers that was all over the coffee table instead of that and the floor. When I had two piles I heard a knock on the door. I quickly looked at my phone and it said 4:23. I guess he does like to be slightly early. I only wished he was right on time. Well I guess I'll be alright. I quickly went to look at myself in the mirror and I was as perfect as I could get. My hair was down and its natural curls. I had a white v neck shirt on with Jeans. I didn't have shoes on because I didn't even take a step outside today. I didn't care though. I walked up to the door and opened it seeing….