Chapter 11 - A New Beginning

"EVERYBODY. Pay attention to this beautiful girl right here. She has helped me finish the last song on my album. She gave me such inspiration to finish this a few weeks in advance. She did all the violin work as well. Today was the last day recording and she came in and did the finishing touches to my final song. Her backup vocals and violin made it even more then what I think it could be." He said pulling me into him holding me by the waist. "So here is a toast to my album being done and this pretty little thing helping out tremendously." Luke said lifting his cup. We all did and took a drink.
"Now get down here and drink with us!" Blake yelled. Everyone laughed.
"Sorry bud not yet! I have one more announcement ya'll."Luke said looking at me. "Guy's I've been told by the best of you that I seem different. That I have changed for the past two months. You know what guys I have and for the better." He said and everyone was quiet. "And the reason for it is you." He said looking at me. I just had wide eyes.
"M m me?" I asked confused.
"Yes. You have made me a happy man. I have just been living a good life but not a great life. The months since I met you have been amazing and I've enjoyed them more. This is why I have you up here right now in front of all our friends. I want you to be my girlfriend. Now would you do the honors in being my girlfriend?" He looked down at me with eyes filled with joy. A tear left my eye by how happy I was. My dreams all at once.
"Of course Luke!" I said hugging and kissing him. He kissed me back with a smile on his lips. He pulled away and looked at everyone clapping and whistling.
"NOW we can drink!" Luke said. He helped me off the truck and I was going to walk and get more to drink when he pulled me back in for a hug. "Now see how you felt that night on the hill. I told you the guy doesn't admit it to himself."
"Yeah." I said looking up at him.
"That guy was me. At that moment in time I realized that the man I was talking about was me. I didn't admit it because I haven't admitted loving or caring for someone so much since everyone I loved died or left me, minus my parents." He said. I smiled and kissed him.
"Thank you Luther." I smiled and he shook his head smiling.

The party went on for a long time after that. That night Luke and I went up to the room. I was drunk but not wasted. I was able to see clearly and walk fine. Luke probably was at the same amount as me. I looked at my bag on the floor in his room. I grabbed it and walked to the shower. He walked in right behind me. He was smirking.
"May I help you sir? Are you lost?" I asked giggling.
"Yes you may help me. I work for the saving water campaign. You see. Showering together means water is saved. Thus meaning I did my job." He said trying not to laugh.
"But Mr. You would see me naked." I said trying to sound like I was appalled.
"All in great beauty miss. I promise nothing will go on unless you want it to." He said holding his hands up. I started to get nervous.
"Pinky Promise." I said sounding like a little kid. He laughed and held his pinky up.
"Pinky Promise." He said and he hugged me. "I won't try anything unless you want me to and are ready. You're also drunk and so am I so I think I'd be an asshole if I let that happen now." He said pulling away from me kissing me. Aww he really does care!!
"Okay. I've been naked in front of my ex a few times but skinny dipping and being drunk go so well together." I said. Taking off my shirt and pants.
"Hey this is like that but we are getting clean and saving water. Like I said. My captain and job are wonderful. Especially if I have a beauty like you by my side." He said hugging me from behind. He was also shirtless and I had just unclipped my bra. I felt his skin onto my skin where I'm use to feeling a bra. I held onto his hands.
"I'm glad to have a handsome man that cares so much about our environment." I said lifting my head up and he kisses my forehead and then my neck. He then slaps my butt.
"Shower. Don't need to waste water or we might as well of taken two." He said smirking.
I let my bra fall to the floor and then slipped out of my underwear. My back was to the mirror. I felt Luke put his hand on my back. He knows I felt uncomfortable. I turned my head to look at him and he was infact naked behind me. He gave me a reassuring smile. I smiled back and stepped in the shower letting the warm water fall onto me. I walked further in and let it get on my head making my head wet. I heard Luke get in behind me and slide the glass door. I let him get all wet and then he turned around and let his back get wet. He opened his eyes and looked right at me. I looked into his eyes and suddenly I felt more confident. The look in his eye was pure care. It wasn't lust or even disgust. He put his hand out and I grabbed it he pulled me to him and hugged me. He hugged back tightly. The water was bouncing off of him onto me and I could feel it run down his back onto my arms. I smiled. When he saw my smile he smiled and kissed me. This man is making my life a living dream. This feels like something I've been dreaming of for years.
We finished washing our bodies. He got my back and I got his. He purposely coughed and cupped my behind and I coughed mocking him and turned to look at him while we were drying off. He had such an innocent look. We got dressed for bed and got in. He cuddled up to my back. I felt safe and secure in his big arms. I also felt pure happiness like I was on cloud nine. Last time I felt this safe and secure was when my dad would swing me on the tire swing on a nice summer day. The dog would be running around and I would be giggling with joy. Now I'm in present day and like that but with Luke.
I woke up with no one there. I looked around and saw nothing and heard nothing. I stretched and got out of bed. I went to the bathroom and looked at myself. I didn't have sleepy eyes, I had a wonderful completion. I was in a tank top and a pair of sleep shorts. I decided to walk downstairs to see where Luke was. When I opened his bedroom door I smelt the aroma of pancakes and bacon. I walked quietly downstairs and saw him still in his boxers but at the stove. I heard the bacon sizzling. He had two plates and two glasses on the counter next to him. I came up behind him and hugged him. I felt his free hand pull my hands off him but keeping one in his hand and spinning me around with him to where he was holding me. He kissed the top of my head and let me go.
"Good morning baby." Luke said smiling
"Good morning handsome." I said looking past him at the food. "You're cooking breakfast." smiling at him he looks back and then notices he can take the bacon off and puts it on paper towels.
"Yes ma'am. For me and my girlfriend." He said flipping the pancakes.
"Wow. She is a lucky girl. She has the best boyfriend ever." I said and he smiled wide.
"Well, you know. I got to do this for the best girlfriend. She has made me a very happy man." He said putting the pancakes on the plates.
"Can I help?" I ask.
"Well if you would like to put the plates on the table I'll get the maple syrup and orange juice." He said.
I grabbed the plates with the pancakes and bacon and headed to the table. I set them across from one another and then sat down at the opposite side of where he was. He also grabbed two forks, two knives, a butter knife, and a knife. When I bit into it, I absolute loved. It. Everything tasted good. I thanked and complemented him when he was done. I also offered to do the dishes because he cooked. He was fine with it and said he was going upstairs. He had nothing to do today and neither did I so he was probably getting dressed.
I finished the dishes and dried them off. I had no clue where anything went so I just looked around and found where they all went. I just put up the plates when he walked back into the kitchen still in his boxers. I raised an eye brown then noticed he was on the phone. He smiled at me then put a finger up and walked out the kitchen. I just stood there for a minute then went upstairs so I can get dressed. I put on my usual. Luke walked into the bedroom when I just finished brushing my hair in the bathroom. I walked out and he was putting tight jeans on.
"So what do you want to do today." he said as he was zipping up his pants.
"Well I should go back to my apartment and get my mail since I didn't do it yesterday. The owner came up personally twice so far since I've lived there. I don't need him worried about my mental health." I said and we laughed.
"Okay. We'll figure something out after that then." He said putting his boots on.
We got to my apartment and I got my mail. I sorted through it and had a final notice bill. Now that is embarrassing. I sat on the counter looking at them as Luke sat on my couch and turned on my TV. The news was on and he just sat there patiently as I read my final notice. It was for my internet and cable bill. I forgot to pay it. I quickly called the company and walked into my bedroom to make the payment off of my credit card. I put the bill in my room and looked at my other mail. My uncle sent me a letter.
Dearest Niece,
We haven't heard from you in quite some time. I decided to write because I always felt they are more personal than a phone call. I also wanted to send you some pictures. Well call me when you get the chance to tell me how you're doing. You're not back yet so I bet you got your lyrics sold. I'm proud of you. If you ever need anything you can always ask.
The rodeo is not the same without you but we do have a new edition. Jenny the horse had her baby last week. She misses you but hopefully now the baby will keep her occupied. She still hates me riding her but has to get use to it because Uncle Buddy won't do it. We named her fawn after you. It's slightly different though. There are pictures of that. We also finished the inside of the barn. I had to show you that since you really wanted to get that done.
Well I won't take up too much of your time. I love and miss you. Call and visit sometime. I miss my niece.
Love, Uncle Mike.

I looked at the pictures and Jenny and her fawn. Then I saw one of her fawn alone and they put her name on the back Nikita. Her fawn was more white than anything. Jenny was brown mostly but also white. Her Fawn was white, with brown on her rear. I had a tear because I was missing Jenny. I also really missed my Uncle Mike. I hated him for about two months after my father died because it seemed like he was trying to replace him but he was just trying to help me. I felt a hand on my knee and looked up and it was Luke.

"You alright baby?" He asked concerned.
"Yeah. Happy tears babe. Look. This is my horse at the rodeo Jenny. She hates everyone but me. She just had her fawn. Her names Nikita. They named her after me in hopes it would cheer Jenny up. This is a picture of the inside of their barn. They finally finished it. They actually took my ideas." I said and whipped the tears out of my eyes.
"So that's what it all looks like. Jenny looks like a horse my dad has." Luke said and I looked at him and he grabbed his phone and went through photos showing me.
"Oh my god. It does."
"His names Forest. I named him because I was obsessed with Forest Gump."
"That's why I named Jenny her name!" Luke smiled at me.
"So this is a note from your Uncle?" He asked
"Oh yeah. He says that he misses me and that I should visit." Then I saw Luke go into his thinking mode. "What?"
"Well. I don’t go on tour for another two months. If you would like after the release of this albums party. We, if it's okay with you if I go, we can go out there." He said.
"Luke I don't have..."He stopped me.
"You don't have to worry about that. If you really want to go let me know. "He cupped my face and I looked at him.
"I do and I want you to go." I said
"Then it's settled. After the party for as long as you want. Just no more than three weeks. I need to be back at least a week before tour." He said smiling at me and I kissed him.
"Thank you."
"You're welcome baby girl." He said.
We sat on my couch cuddled up watching some movie on TV. I started to fall asleep when Luke's phone blared. I moved so he could get it out his pocket. He was taking to Blake or Jason. I went to my bedroom and decided to call my uncle. I even told him about the trip. He was syked. He was also happy I had a boyfriend and wanted to meet him.
Luke said that if I wanted we could go hang out with Jess and Jason and go see a movie then out to dinner. He said what I'm wearing is fine because it's going to be a simple movie and dinner date. Our relationship was going wonderful for the first day. It felt like nothing could ever ruin it.