Chapter 29 - Happy Birthday Luther

It has been a couple months since the attack from Everett. I had fully gotten over it. My bruises were gone and everything was going great. We were on tour and we were having a blast. It was Luke's birthday next week and we would be on tour celebrating it. We were in New York for two days and Luke was off going to an interview early in the morning. I had other plans. I was heading to the doctors.
Miranda was with me when Luke left and went off to the interview. He wouldn't be back for three hours. That was going to be plenty of time for us to go.
We took a cab to this doctors office. We were waiting in there having people stare at us and be surprised we were there. We both laughed it off and looked through magazines. When it was my turn to go in I had to get checked out first. Then the doctor came in. Miranda was in the room with me. The doctor was actually a fan of both of our men. We talked for a few minutes then got straight to the point.
I got what I had to get done and went back to the waiting room. The doctor told me it would only take a few minutes. In the meantime she would just take care of another patient.
I was so impatient. I kept looking at the time on my phone. I was very impatient. We were called back into the office and given the news. Miranda and I decided that we would then go out shopping in New York. I never done that before and since it was just a girls day we did that.
Luke called me while we were on our way back. I told him I would be at the hotel we were staying at soon. When I hung up the phone I gave Miranda the things I bought him for his birthday. When I got to the hotel room and opened the door he was laying back watching TV. I dropped my bags and jumped on the bed. I straddled his waste and he pouted at me.

"Baby, you're blocking the TV." He pouted at me. I just laughed at him.
"Fine. I guess that's a better view." I told him. I was going to get off then he grabbed my hips keeping me there.
"You're way more interesting and entertaining than that tv Mrs. Bryan." He smirked at me.
"Well, let's go become entertaining."

I headed towards the bathroom. I looked back to see him just looking at me. I slowly took off my shirt and seductively took off my pants. I stared back and he was heading over to me now. I walked into the bathroom having him follow me like a lost puppy.

It was so hard to keep a secret from Luke. Miranda didn't even want to tell Blake because she knew he might actually get drunk and fess up. It's been a week since we found out the big secret I was going to tell Luke today. We had a show early on in the day and then tonight around nine we had everyone going out to this restaurant for Luke's birthday.
The show went well. We saw a bunch of Happy Birthday signs. He aknowledged people who had their's raised. Some people even had shirts made. He was having a wonderful birthday so far. We played a completely different set of just his favorite songs of his. The funniest songs so he can mess around.
When we finished the show he thanked everyone and he put his hand in my back pocket and I put mine in his as we walked off of the stage. It was time to get ready for a nice dinner. We showered up together. Then I got dressed in nice dress. I even put heels on and put on a little bit of make up. I fixed my hair to make it look like it had smaller curls. I smiled at myself in the mirror as Luke came up behind me and kissed my cheek. I turned around and looked at him in his nicer clothes and smiled up at him winking. That was to show aproval of his outfit.
We all took this limo out to dinner. It was so nice. When we got in there we were seated right away. We had wine brought to us automatically. We all decided on food and ate. We were talking about fun times. Blake was talking about some fishing trips. He talked about the one where I had to pick him up at the hospital afterwards. He joked and said he was heartbroken he didn't want him to come.
I talked and told stories about fun things that we did. Especially one about me and him in our tree stand and I was able to get the buck before he could even do anything. There was also fishing trips where I had caught more fish them him and bigger ones. He even got to tell his good old stories. He even got into the conversation about his high school musical. I noticed he was getting tispy and feeling great. We had all finished our food.
Miranda nudged me telling me now would be the right time. I went into my purse and pulled out my birthday card to him.

"Alright everyone. I know all of us have cards or some kinds of gifts for my old man." I said kissing his cheek and he was smiling like a fool. "So who wants to go first because I'm saving mine for last." I said waving the card.
"I'm the best friend. I'm first. Sorry Jason!" Blake said getting up handing him a card.

Everyone basically gave him cards with money, or gift cards .He had enough gift cards to buy himself a new wardrobe for hunting. It was finally my turn. I looked at Miranda who nodded to me. She is the only one who knew about it. I know Luke was going to read the card outloud. It was a homemade card at that. So it is one that came from the heart with a big surprise at the end.

"I made this card, and have a surprise for you at the end. So read it first." I smiled handing him the card. He smiled up at me and opened it.
"To The love of my life, and my whole world. I have spent so much time with you so far, yet it seems that time is passing us by. You are getting old now, and I know you're feeling it."He looked at me seriously and I giggled. He smirked. "No matter how old you get, I'll love you even more as the days grow longer, and nights grow colder. I never knew my life would feel this complete with you but we are missing something. We may have a dog, a beautiful house, amazing material things, and our love for each other but there is one thing left." He looked at me because that was the end of the card. I nodded for him to turn to the next part. He turned and looked at it. His eyes got wide. He looked back at me. "We're gonna have a baby?" He said excited. I nodded with tears coming down my face. He got up quickly and pulled me up out of my chair kissing me and hugging me in front of everyone. "WE ARE GONNA HAVE A BABY!" Luke yelled to everyone.
"Yay!" Everyone yelled with a few congratulations.
"That was such a hard secret to keep." Miranda told him once everyone quieted down.
"You knew?" Blake asked.
"When we were in New York." She smiled happy at herself for keeping her mouth shut.

We all left a while after that going back to a hotel room. Now it is time for his other present.