Chapter 16 - Homebound

When I woke up in the morning he was cuddled into me tight. I had to get out of his grasp. I went downstairs and got a glass of water. I went back upstairs and went into my purse for Advil. I put that on his nightstand. I got dressed right in the room. I went downstairs and to the porch. His dad was working on the farm with his help. I heard the door creak open and thought it was Luke but it was his mother. She sat outside with me and talked. She asked if Luke got drunk last night and I told her yes. She laughed about it and told me some stories about it. She actually even went inside and I followed. She came downstairs and we sat at the dining table looking at photo albums. We were laughing when Luke came downstairs dressed. We both looked at him and laughed again. He had the glass in his hand and went into the kitchen.When he came out from the kitchen he came out and stood behind me. He saw what we were doing and groaned. I looked up at him and he leaned down and kissed me. He thanked me for the Advil and water.That whole day was just relaxing around the house and me getting to know the Bryan family. The photo album had his mom tear up a little because of Chris and Kelly. We exchanged stories about sadness and then we went into happy stories. We were sitting in the living room having a cup of tea when the boys come barging in. Luke was happy I was bonding with his mother. That night we all decided to play Poker and I played it for the first time ever. Luke helped me out the first few times till I got it. I still sucked at it but his mother told me not to care because she did after all these years.This week went by so fast. We actually stayed one day longer because we didn't realize what day it was. We had to start heading back and it kind of sucked having to go. We did all of our hugging and kissing and promising we both will come back soon and we were back on the road with eachother. About a couple hours in to driving Luke brought up something I completely forgot about."So. What are you going to do while I'm on tour?" He asked."I don't know. The usual. Write more lyrics. Chill out?" I said and questioned myself. He just looked over at me."That's all while I'm gone for six months?""Maybe hang out with the girls.""Well you wouldn't have to worry about what to do if you came with me." He said looking back and forth from the road to me. My heart jumped."But what am I going to do about my apartment? If I'm not here I won't be making money. If I don't make money I'll lose the apartment and all my stuff in there.""Well I don't know if you feel this is soon or not but move into my house. It can become ours. You're stuff will be safe there. I love spending as much time as I can with you. These two weeks of nonstop being around you was wonderful and I still can't get enough of you. " he said holding onto my hand tightly."Luke!" I said smiling with tears."So is that a yes Darlin?" He said with a smirk."Of course it is. I love you. I don't think I'll ever get enough of you." I said. He leaned over and kissed me quick so he could still pay attention to the road."Good. You can't get rid of me if you wanted to."The whole rest of the ride was bliss. We were both so happy to be heading back. I was going on tour with my love. I was going to travel just like my pa said mama always wanted to do. I was also getting to move out of the apartment and into Luke's house. I was so excited and wanted to tell someone. I texted Miranda.-MIRANDAAA-*yes woman? lol*-I'm excited. ^_^-*Why?*-I'm moving in with Luke and going on tour!-*What!? GO GIRL! Finally getting out of that small apartment!*-I know. We are on our way back to Nashville and Luke asked me to move in and go on tour. Oh and guess what he said when we were at his parents?-*I can't wait for you guys to be back! What else?*-He loves me :')-*I told you a man will and now a great one for sure is.*I couldn't help but look out the window and smile. I did have a great man. He made me so happy. I've never seen in my wildest dreams of being with such a great guy, being this happy, being able to go on tour, live in a nice house, and do it all in such a quick amount of time. My father would be proud.  I fell asleep thinking all these great things. My phone fell onto the floor and I didn't care. I went off and started dreaming. I woke up alone in the truck. I looked around and wondered where Luke was. I reached to the ground and found my phone. I saw we were in the middle of nowhere. What the hell? I kind of started to panic franticly looking everywhere. I was looking down at my phone about to text him when his door opened and I jumped hitting my head on the roof. Luke came in the truck quickly and helded me. He looked at my head and touched where I hit it."OWCH. stop." I said swatting his hand away."I'm sorry baby but you hit it on the oh shit handle. " he said holding me close to him. "Were you scared?" He asked and I nodded my head. "I was just taking a potty break." He said kissing my head. "feel better?""yes." I said hugging him tight."We are about twenty minutes from home. Try to stay awake till then and we get stuff inside." he said smiling."Okay." I smiled at him.We were finally home and I was so happy. I could now call this house my home too. I helped Luke bring the clothes inside. I went into the kitchen and got us both a drink of water. He was standing on the back porch looking out at the lake. I hugged him from behind and he grabbed a glass of water. I then went to stand next to him looking at the scenery. It was pretty. So much land, wonderful sunsets to see, quiet, and peaceful. I grabbed his hand and leaned my head on him. Then his phone started ringing. I let go of him so he could answer."Hello." "Yeah we just got in not too long ago." "Uh well it is late. I guess a couple beers wouldn't hurt too much." "Yeah bring Miranda." "She is here." "Alright," Luke looked over at me. "Blake's stopping by with a twelve pack that all four of us are sharing. He said he missed us and wanted to welcome us back quietly. " I laughed."Fine by me." I said and he hugged me kissing me as the sun was setting. I went into the kitchen and made some fresh sweet tea. I put the pitcher in the fridge to get it cold. Luke and I went out on the porch and he had me sitting on him and we were just talking about how happy we were to be home when Blake and Miranda pulled up.We all drank a few beers. I only had two along with Miranda the guys had four each. We talked about our time at the rodeo and his parents house. The guys went over to Blake's truck and Miranda and I talked about my texts earlier. She was so happy for me. She said that she will help me move in here as soon as possible so I can get out of that horrible apartment. She hated that I lived there. She told me I deserved a better one. I thought it was fine for being new in the town. The guys shortly came back from his truck with half a bottle of Captian Morgan gone. Miranda and I looked at each other and laughed at them.The boy's didn't get messed up bad that night. When Luke and I went to bed he still was able to move around. I laughed at him almost falling because he was taking his pants off and almost tripped over them. We went to bed that night cuddled up ready for tomorrow to come.