Chapter 24 - New Year's Letter

It was New Year's Eve and we were having a party at our house. We had a bonfire going. People were going to let off some fireworks when midnight hit. We had a bunch of alcohol and Luke and Blake were the men on the grill. Miranda and I did the salads, and baked goods. We even had Jake Owen passing around drinks. He was the funniest drink attendant. He put a cowboy hat on and said if they need a mixed drink to find the cowboy hat.
Luke's parents left a few days again to go back home. It was sad to see them go. The next time we would was at the wedding. Luke had a 3 month tour coming up. He had to do some touring before the wedding. It started at the end of January and finished at the end of April. It would finish a few weeks before the wedding. I was going with him because I was now the new violinist.
The party was going wonderful. I helped distribute food. I was drinking beer slowly all night. Miranda, Jess, and a few other girls had our own little circle near the bonfire. We were all talking half the night away. I went inside to the bathroom then thought about grabbing the note. I put it in my jean pocket and headed outside with my new beer. I walked outside and noticed that Luke was out with some of the guys near the fire. He was sitting on a tailgate drinking a beer. He looked so hot. His shirt was halfway open showing his chest. He had his cowboy boots on. His jeans were tight to him and he had his E3 Hat on backwards. I walked over to him and he noticed me. He put his hand out and brought me in-between his legs. He held onto me while continuing to talk to the boys.
I leaned back when he wasn’t talking to look up at him. He smiled down at me. He lifted his eye brows fast. I just laughed at him and slapped his hand lightly. He gave me a pouty face. I was going to tease him. I put my hand behind his head and told him after the fireworks are done I have something for him. His eyes got wide and a smirk then went onto his face. I bit my lip and winked. Little did he know it was going to be a letter from my father?

~Luke's Point Of View~

I had Nikki between my legs. She told me I was going to get some later tonight. I was already feeling tighter in the pants. If only it was now. We had 20 minutes till fireworks would have to start going off. I cleared some of the field so we could do it. I also had people ready to help me water the ground all around. I didn't want anything catching fire so I at least had the ground wet and just in case more water to do so. I had an irrigation system already hooked up from where I planned on starting to farm but never got to it.
I asked Nikki to get me a beer and she went off. It took her about 5 minutes to get back because someone started to talk to her. I was talking to the guys about hunting. It was time for the irrigation system to start to wet the ground then the guys would go out. Lee and James said they done fireworks a bunch of times and took over that part.
 I got my beer and turned on the system. I waited about 5 minutes before they were to go off and turned it off. I walked back to Nikki and lead her to where we would sit and watch the fireworks. I brought a blanket so we could sit down. Everyone else followed. I made sure everyone was a safe distance.
When the fireworks started Nikki was in-between my legs leaning back onto me. I was holding her tight to me just watching them go off. Everyone put money into the show so we had a pretty nice one. I was friends with the fire chief and he was out here with his wife and two kids.
The fireworks finale started and Nikki pulled away from me. I was confused. She turned around and sat on my lap again putting her legs around me. She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me. I kissed back. I heard the last of them go off and was making out with her. People were whistling. I moved Nikki onto her back. I was trying to go further. She pushed me away a little. I was thinking it was for us to head inside but no. She started to sit up. She reached into her pocket and gave me a note.

"Read this then come find me." She kissed my cheek and handed me the letter. People were all walking back to the house for more beer and food. She was off into the crowd.

I looked at the letter and it wasn't her handwriting. I could barely see but it said. To The Man the man who takes her heart. This must be a note from her father? She told me about notes on Christmas but didn't say anything about me reading any. She said I couldn't see. I walked back to my truck and turned the light on. The note was sealed so she must have never read it. I opened it and there were pages and pictures at the bottom of some of them.

To the man that lifted my little girl off her feet.
I know this may be weird. I thought about doing notes just in case I was to die before she was to find you. I have no clue that you are but I do know you are special. I know she would never pick a man to give this to if he was not a gentleman and treated her like a princess. That is what my daughter deserves. She knows that you do and you're receiving this letter because she is in love with you and forever will be. I thank you for treating her so well.
I am no longer around to treat her well and keep her safe but you are. I ask you to do that. She always manages to get herself into little pickles and needs help getting out. Don't worry it isn't bad things. It is things such as getting lost in the woods, forgetting her fishing gear, dropping her keys in a gutter, and more. She has done all of those things. You could be there like I was to help her out of the woods, lend her your gear, get the keys out of give her spare, or whatever else.
She is a very intelligent and talented woman. She doesn't like to boast about it. I'm only telling you these things because I know she won't unless you find out on your own or look through photo albums. She won horse shows when she was 12 and 13. She was valid Victorian at her high school. She won her talent show in middle school by playing her favorite song. She is fluent in three languages. She will only speak English unless put into a different situation. She can play so many instruments. If you ever need help with finances let her do them. She is a math wizard. When she was 5 she could do the alphabet backwards. She walked on her hands and busted open her head at 8. She has done so much I could share in this letter but I'll let these pictures explain themselves.

I looked down and saw pictures of everything he told me above. She was even in a pageant when she was 18 and was runner up for Ms. Texas. Wow. I kept staring at 10 years later she still looks at beautiful as she did before.  I went on to the next page.

I know I'm going on about her but she is my pride and joy. I always made her go for her dreams. I always made her do the best she can. I'm asking you to make sure that happens. I don't care if you're the poorest man in the world or the richest man who can buy her the world. Make sure she does her dreams. Encourage her when she puts herself down. Make sure she knows that you love her unconditionally. Provide for her like every country man should. Give her the best wedding of her live. Give her children you two can rise to become wonderful people in society. When you're done reading this, go to her, and tell her how much you love her. Let her know it whether it is words or actions.
I'm proud of my daughter. I will always be looking down at her and her mother as well. She is just like her mother. Her mother was beautiful, she had many dreams and kept dreaming, she loved to travel, she loved flowers and her favorite were white roses, she had a smile that would blow you away, a voice that you would think only angels would have, eyes that would make you melt, affection that would warm you up on cold days, care that would cool you down on hot days, her mind was full of information and was always learning more, there was never a dull moment even if she was just sitting there, she always put others before herself, her heart was golden, and she was the most amazing woman I ever met. My daughter is just like her mother. If you feel like I did with my wife, with my daughter then marry her. Give her your heart and soul and she'll give you more in return.
I give you these last few pictures. I hope you use them to your advantage to make the rest of your lives as special as my time I had with my wife and my daughter was. Take care of my sweet pea.
Thank you sir.
-Reverend Thomas Tatum Daniels

I looked down at the pictures. It was pictures of her mother and then pictures of her. Her mother was at a garden and then it was Nikki in a garden. The gardens looked identical. They both had smiles on their faces and were both holding flowers. They were white roses. The other picture was her mom nursing a doe out of a baby bottle. Then Nikki nursing a doe. They had the same expression on thief face. The last picture was her mother in front of a cake. It was her baby shower cake. It said it’s a girl. She had pink balloons around her. She had a huge smile on her face. The same smile Nikki had when I handed her keys to her new truck. The picture of Nikki was her on her 5th birthday. She was sitting in her dads lap with a huge smile on her face. There were pink balloons. It was in the same place. I looked up and noticed everyone partying still.
I folded up the papers and put the pictures securely back with them. I put it in my glove box. I walked out to where everyone was and looked around. I walked up to Blake who had his arms around Miranda. They were trashed.

"Hey man did you see Nikki?" I looked at him and he was drunk.
"No. Haven't seen her since you were onto of her." he said laughing. "She probably is inside." He said pointing inside hardly standing up. Miranda was holding him up and shook her head yes.

I walked into the house and it was quiet. I walked around and then upstairs. I saw our light was on and the door was shut. I tried opening it but the door was locked. I knocked on it and was about to say her name when she unlocked the door.
When she opened the door my eyes went wide. She was in laundered. I stared her up and down. She grabbed my hand and pulled me in the room. She shut the door and locked it. She made me walk back to the bed and I sat down. I had to say she is the most beautiful woman I've ever met. It's not just her looks but her personality. I was thinking back to her father's letter. She was going to get on me but I pulled her onto me to sit. She was confused. I held her close and nuzzled my head into her neck as she put her arms around my neck.

"You don't know how much you mean to me baby girl." I told her into her neck.
"Yes I do. As much as you mean to me babe." I looked her in the eyes.
"I am more than happy to be spending forever with you. I can't wait to have children with you. I can't wait to celebrate all your birthdays with you. I can't wait to hold you every night that I can and tell you I love you. I can't wait to celebrate our anniversaries, birthdays, kids birthdays, Christmas's, new years, and all the other holidays forever. I can't wait for the day we say our I do's and you're Mrs. Bryan. The day I laid eyes on you made me fall for you instantly. The more I got to know you I thought I was digging myself further for falling for you but I wasn't. I was being raised into the clouds and you were coming with me. I'm on cloud nine and I never want to come down. If I ever lost you, my heart would never love again." I told her. She had tears in her eyes.
"Oh Luther. I can't explain how happy you make me."She said sobbing. I held her close.
"Oh I do know baby. I plan to keep you happy for the rest of our lives." I said kissing her.

That night was the best night I've had. Her father's letter really put me more in love with his daughter. I made love to her that night and it was the best I've ever had. When she fell asleep I just thought to myself. I then thought I promise her father to keep her happy till the end of time. I also promise her that. I fell asleep with a huge smile on my face and the love of my life cuddled up to me.