Chapter 19 - Engagement

Today was the last day of tour. I was so happy and excited for this to happen. This means we will be able to go home and just relax. Yes there were sleepless nights still but everything was going great. We were all ready to get on stage. Everyone was going to go on before Luke and he was going to trot himself out there jumping around like he did best.
We played a lot of songs. He was dancing and women were trying to touch his butt. I didn't mind because I knew he wasn't going to want them. He was a trustful man. We were about to do another song when Luke just kept on talking. Everything got quiet. Luke just had a spotlight on him. He was smiling at my direction. Oh no. No no no. I am not singing.

"Are ya'lls having a good show out there tonight?" Luke asked the crowd and then waited for them to get quiet. "I have a very special show with you guys tonight. It is the last one on this tour but that's not why it is special." People were whistling. "Nikki please come here." He said pointing at me and smiling. I put down my violin and came up next to him. He put his arm around my shoulder and we faced the crowd. "Now I know a lot of my fans and the media still thinks I've been a bachelor and they're wrong. This woman right here is the woman that stole my heart. This here guys is Nikki Daniels and she is my girlfriend." Everyone cheered. I saw a lot of shocked faces. He put the microphone up to my mouth.
"Howdy ya'll." Was all I could think of saying. Luke laughed and everyone cheered.
"Now everyone. Before we play anything else I got a very important thing to do." He then made me face him. He grabbed my hand with his free hand. "Nikki Lynn Daniels. I have never thought I would see this day, being up here, on stage, in front of about 20,000 people enjoying myself the way I do, and with the best of all, I'm sharing this dream of mine with you. Since I've laid eyes on you I fell for you. You were just a girl from the rodeo and I  was just a country singer. Together we are more than that and this. I'm showing thousands of people my love and dedication I have to keep you in my life forever. So." He said getting down on one knee. I just put my right hand over my mouth and I could feel the tears coming. He was proposing. He got the box out of his jean pocket and showed me the beautiful ring. Tears already started. "Nikki Lynn Daniels. The time I've known you has made me feel as if I'm in constant and complete happiness. I'm in love with you till the day I die. So would you do the honors of marrying me?" He asked smiling up at me. I shook my head yes trying to say it but I couldn't by how happy I was. He slipped the ring on my finger and got up. He engulfed me with a hug. He then kissed me in front of everyone.

The guys were playing the wedding song on their instruments. Luke while kissing me, picked me up and twirled me around. He set me down and whipped my tears away. I looked into his eyes. He kissed me real quick again. I smiled and he let me go back to my spot. I had to get my composure back. That was going to be hard now.

"Now this is what I call a special show!" Luke said. The crowd roared. "Sorry dreams of some of you ladies but I'm getting married!" Luke said proud. "Alright so who is ready for the last two songs of the night?" He looked back at me and smiled.

We did the last few songs and then he thanked the crowed. Everyone excited the stage before Luke. When I saw him coming off the sage. I ran to him and jumped on him. I wrapped my arms and legs around him and he held onto me kissing me. I couldn't help but believe I was going to marry the man of my dreams and this is the start of  a new journey.