Chapter 9 - Inappropriate

"Ok, I'm seriously curious." Luke said shifting his body towards me.
"It's about your ass." Jess said. Then he looked back at me with a raised eye brow.
"What?" I asked "No it's not."
"Well then who's?" Luke asked.
"Her's. She is as wild as a rodeo." Jess said. She always had to keep going and we knew she would make it go sexual. Jason was laughing now. Miranda looked at me and smiled with a wink. Blake was still confused. Luke was staring at my reactions.
"What are you implying here Mrs. Aldean? That she is a wild ride?" Blake said trying not to laugh loud but Miranda busted out laughing making him go crazy. I blushed like crazy.
"The blushing proves it!" Jess yelled pointing. "How about that cowgirl!" Everyone laughed but Luke and I. He knows my problems with sex. They had no clue. He weakly smiled at me because he knew it brought me back thinking about it. He grabbed my hand and brought me closer to him.
"Hahaha, oh my, Hahira, no wonder why they call it the Wild West." Jason said.
"Don't listen." He whispered and kissed my head.
"I'm trying." I replied. Closing my eyes.
"Hey guys. It's getting late and we got to be at the recording studio early. Since I'm this pretty little miss's ride I'm taking her with me. "Luke said standing.
"Oh Luke, we're only playing. I'm sorry if it hurt your feelings kiddo." Blake said looking at his watch realizing its only 8pm. "It's really early."
"Just let them go Blake. Looks like we tortured the poor girl."Miranda said looking at me and giving me an apologetic look.
"I'll text ya later Blake about Friday." Luke said as we were both walking out the door.
 He put his arm around me and opened the truck door for me. I got in and stared down at my phone. I didn't know what to say about it. I had so much in my mind about the talk I had with Luke that night only and only ever opening up to him. The questions of am I to blame for being a virgin still? Should it be a bad thing? How did I not break up with that asshole to make it go that far? Why have I shunned people away? I understand my dad made me understand to wait till marriage but at my rate that’s never going to happen. Not this day in age. I don't even care about waiting that long. I just want to trust someone enough. I just looked out the window.
Luke got into the driver's seat and turned on the truck. I just watched the trees go by. I wasn't paying attention where we were going. I felt his hand go on mine. I looked over and he just smiled at me. He could tell that conversation affected me bad. I felt my lap start to vibrate and it was Jess calling me. I denied it and turned my phone off. I put it in the cup holder and went back to looking out the window. I really wasn't into telling her or Miranda what happened back then yet. I felt the truck come to a complete stop. I was confused as I looked around me. I had no clue where we were. Luke Let goes of my hand and got out the vehicle. I was confused as I undid my seatbelt. I looked over to my window as Luke was opening my door and giving me his hand. He led me out to a hill. It was overlooking a river. There were a lot of trees all around. I saw a bridge that was very old looking. He was still holding onto my hand.
"I come here to think a lot. If no one can find me you will now know how. This is my get away place from all this country singer bullshit. I love it and all but sometimes you need a break. I always come here during sunsets like this. I thought this would be a good place for you to unwind." He told me. I stared out and then to him. He was staring at me with a small smile.
"Thank you for getting me away from there." I said hugging him tightly. He hugged me back
"I knew you needed it. I thought about our conversation when they were making the sex jokes about you. I knew you would probably think about it."
"I thought more about what's wrong with me? Why am I so weird with sex stuff? Why am I a fuck up who pushes people away and allowed what Zacky did to me happen and still tell him I loved him? Why can't anyone ever love me……"I said crying again. He held me tighter shhing me.
"Nothing is wrong with you. You had a traumatic event and it hurt you. Don't ever call yourself a fuck up. You may have messed up like everyone and made mistakes but you're only human. People do love you but in that way a guy will love you that way. One probably does but doesn’t even admit it to himself." He said trying to calm me down.
"You're the only person I've trusted telling this. Pa didn't even know. No one knew about that happening. I'm too ashamed." I said still crying into his chest.
"Here come on sit." He said pulling me with him to the ground. He made me sit on top of him as he held me close to him and I placed my face in his neck. "Never be ashamed. You did nothing wrong. You were not ready and he forced things upon you. You didn't deserve it. I will be here for you not matter what time of night or day. If I'm partying or if I'm just sitting back watching the game drinking a beer. I'll even stop fishing to comfort you. I am more than happy that you trust me Nikki. Think highly of yourself. I know it's hard with what you went through and I don't know how you really feel but I'm trying to understand the best I can. You're a beautiful, talented, smart, and caring person. When I called from the hospital I could tell you cared about me. It made me smile while I was signing papers for the hospital. The person at the hospital asked me if I was talking to someone special by how happy I looked after a head injury. I told her yes, yes she is very special. It is the truth. You make me so happy Nikki. The first time at the bar to now you have made me smile every day I see your name on my phone, or see you in person. I haven't felt this happy since Chris and Kelly were around. So please don't ever think about yourself like that. Think that you're an amazing person to make someone happy every time you're around." Luke said. I looked up at him while he was talking at the end. I had tears in my eyes.
"Luke…" I said sniffling. "You don't know how much that means to me." I said hugging him really tight. "You're the only person that has ever made me feel so lucky. You have no clue how much you mean to me." I said with tears falling with a smile on my face. He smiled back at me wiping tears that fell.
"I think I have a slight idea." He said kissing me. I kissed back and I could feel some kind of spark that felt like fireworks were lit and exploded.
"Promise me something."
"What Darlin." He asked.
"Please don't ever hate me." I said looking at him with pleading eyes.
"I would not be able to hate you." He kissed my forehead and held me close to his chest.  He started humming. Then actually singing. I realized the song. "I'm just boots in a rusty Chevy. My hands are sweating heavy." I listened to him sing to me. It was my favorite song off his first album. I sung with him towards the end.
"Its goanna be tough to hide what's hiding in my eyes when she walks in. Oh I'm just boots in a rusty Chevy. My hands are sweating heavy." I sang along to the end with him. He finished off the song.
"My baby's on the way. Yeah yeah. Baby's on the way." He said looking at me in the eyes and kissing me.
So passionately. I could only think he was singing it to me for a reason. I hoped it was for the reason. We were holding onto each other till he softly laid me on my back and was over top of me. He cupped my face and then pulled away. He looked at me in the eyes.
"I don't know what you're doing to me, but I like it." He said smiling.

We lay on the hill for a while and just stared at the stars. He started a conversation about himself when he was younger and uses to do this. He told me he would lay out in the middle of his daddy's peanut farm when he was being yelled at. He just looked up at the stars and thought about how many other people were doing that looking at the same thing he was. He said he felt a connection with nature. He said since that day he learned how to be one with nature by going out and doing hikes, and going out on a boat. He said he didn't even go hunting or fishing most of the time. He felt so relaxed. He told me about how his pa was and how his mama was. I looked at him and could see him just staring at the sky just going on and on about his life. I was fascinated. He opened up about personal stories and funny stories. We were laughing throughout the night.

"So tell me about you. I felt like I know so little now." He said laughing.
"Uhm. Well you know about my pa, and my ma passing, how I worked on the rodeo, um. Did you know I went to school in California to become a teacher?" I asked.
"No. Go on." He said turning on his side to listen to me.
That night I told him about my uncles, and my days in the choir, about my graduate school. I told him my favorite food, number, color, and everything. I told him how I loved sports, and all types of music. I told him dreams of mine besides becoming a lyricist. The night went on and we kept the stories going. It got quiet and we cuddled into each other. The last thing I remember was staring at the half moon smiling by how perfect this was. I was lying next to a man who cared so much and who I was falling in love with by the second.