Chapter 26 -Wedding

I was getting ready in my dress. I had a stylist do my hair, and my nails were done. The dress was on with a nice corset under it. My makeup was done and looking stunning. I didn't want too much. I wanted to look as natural as possible. I really just wanted my eyes to pop out but more extravagant than every day make up. The vial was placed on my head when there was a knock on the door. Miranda opened it and it was Blake giving me a gift from Luke. Miranda knew that was her cue to go to Luke with my gift to him. I was giving Luke a watch he always wanted but never got. I engraved to my Mr. Thomas Luther Bryan from your Mrs. Nikki Lynn Bryan into the watch. I also gave him the letter my father said too.
Blake came over to me and handed me a small box. I removed the ribbon. I opened the box and saw the beautiful set or earrings and necklace ever. The earrings had the falling diamonds in white gold. The necklace had the same thing. Then there was a note that said close it and open the bottom. I did what the note said and there was a matching bracelet. It had our initials engraved with the words forever together and not ever a part.
Blake helped me put on the necklace. I put in the earrings and he helped with the bracelet. I was in awe of it they were all beautiful. It also went very nice with my dress. Blake gave me a hug and told me how beautiful I looked. I thanked him. I was already thinking of crying by how happy I was. I had Jess and Miranda as my bride's maids and my maid of honor was Miranda by far. Blake was Luke's. He then had Jason and Carter.
It was becoming time for me to walk down the aisle and I met up with my Uncle Mike. He saw me and actually had tears in his eyes. He hugged me and kissed my cheek.

"You look so beautiful Nikki."He smiled.
"Thanks Uncle Mike." I smiled at him.

We put the vale in front of my face. We went arm and arm. We waited at the door for us to hear music start. I took a deep breath then walked down the aisle with my Uncle Mike. I saw everyone staring. All of Luke's friends and Family on the right of me. Then my family and friends on the left. I looked up at the girls. Miranda was looking gorgeous as normal and was smiling. Jess was as well. I even had Michelle carter's girlfriend. I looked over Luke's side from Carter, to Jason, to Blake. Lastly I made eye contact with Luke as we got up and I had three steps to walk up. My Uncle Mike shook Luke's hands and then he grabbed mine. We looked at each other's eyes as we had our hands in each others. I had a huge smile on my face. He was so gorgeous in his tux. He had a blue bow tie. The rest of the guys were darker than his. The preacher started with now she shall begin.
The preacher did a 10 minute speech. Then we were supposed to read our vows. It was ladies first so I was up. Miranda handed me the paper I wrote my vow on. I took in a deep breath and then began to read.

"Thomas Luther Bryan. This is so much to say but not enough time to express my love for you. I met you when I was in a dark part of life and you helped shine the light. I thought I had lost everything and would never be able to have anyone. When my eyes first met yours I fell for you instantly. Every day after I fell further and further until this day. This day I will look into your eyes and soar with you. This is the beginning to a new journey. The love I have growing for you had no boundaries. You have showed me more of the world than I could dream. You're helping my final dream come true. My dream is you. Thomas Luther Bryan, I'm ready for our journey to begin again and this time as one. I love you and forever will love you until the end of time." I said with a few tears. I wipe them and look at him. He has a piece of paper and has watery eyes but doesn't shed a tear.
"Nikki Lyn Daniels. I don't know how or what to say and you know I always have something to be said." He laughed a little and so did I. "You came into my life like a flash of lightning brightening up the sky. I met you when you were fulfilling your dream to write lyrics. I denied feelings for you but they overpowered the denial and that is what got us here today. I entrust in you with everything. I have fallen in love with the most beautiful, smart, helpful, honest, loving, caring, and amazing woman in my life. I promise you to always be by your side, to honor and cherish you, to provide for us and our family to come, to write you special songs, to value you, and to always forever in my heart and in my soul love you with all that I can. A man has once told me, 'I don't care if you're the poorest man in the world or the richest man who can buy her the world. Make sure she does her dreams.' and 'Give your heart and soul and she'll give you more in return.' So I'm making sure all your dreams come true and I'm giving you my heart. Nikki Lynn Daniels I'm ready for the rest of our lives together and more. I've never wanted more than to go on in this world with the woman I'm truly, madly, and deeply in love with." He said smiling up at me. I had a few tears I wiped away.

"The rings!" The Reverend said. The rings were given to him and he handed Luke my wedding band. "Do you Thomas Luther Bryan take Nikki Lynn Daniels to be your lawfully wedded wife, to love and to cherish, through sickness and health, through richer or poorer, till death do you part?" He asked Luke.
"I do." Luke said sliding the ring onto my finger. The Reverend handed me Luke's.
"Do you, Nikki Lyn Daniels take Thomas Luther Bryan to be your lawfully wedded husband, to love and to cherish, through sickness and health, through richer or poorer, till death do you part?"
"I do." I said putting Luke's ring onto his hand.
"I now pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Luther Bryan. You may now kiss the bride."

Luke lifted up the vale and smiled at me. My eyes closed and I went closer to him. He put his hand on the other side of my face so everyone can see and kissed me. I felt more fireworks than the first time we ever made love. The world seemed like everything stopped. The noises were gone. It was just him and I. I smiled as we pulled away. He grabbed my hand and we looked at everyone .Then the cheering and roaring of people started. I looked at his mom and dad. His mom was in tears. We walked down the aisle together now as Mr. and Mrs. Bryan.
We took a limo to our reception. He didn't let go of my hand that had the ring on it. I kept looking down at how beautiful it was. Luke saw that and squeezed my hand and I looked up at him and smiled. I took the vale off because it bothered my head. He laughed at me because he saw my frustrated face.
We watched all the people arrive and then we sat up front. His parent's were up there, along with his groomsmen, and I had my two uncles and brides maids. We were all eating when Blake stood up. It was always honorable for the best man to give his speech.

"Excuse me errybudayyyy!" Blake said and we all laughed. It got quiet and he continued. "Today is a wonderful day. My best friend and like brother just got married to a beautiful lady. I have not known Luke my whole life but it feels like it. He is a brother to me. Seeing him this happy with a great woman like I was with my wife makes me even happier for him. I have been with him through the beginning of his career to now. I don't know about you guys but he is a hunk and this lady lifted him off his feet. So this is a toast to Mr. and Mrs. Bryan. Everyone lift your beers, wine, Champaign, whiskey, liquor, or whatever you got." He said and every raised their glasses. "Thank you Luke and Nikki for including me in such a special day for you guys. I wish you two the best. I wish you the happiest of days. Ya'lls are gonna fight but I wish you the best…"He looked around and then looked at Luke's parents." Well let's not go there." Everyone laughed and we did. "I hope you have children and enjoy the rest of your lives together. TO THE HANDSOME AND BEAUTIFUL COUPLE! I love you both!" We all drank and clapped. Luke gave Blake a hug and then I did.

After eating it was time for the first dance. I told Luke my favorite country song and he never told me his. He said he has too many. He told me our first dance song was going to be a song we both love. I left that up to him because he wanted it to be a surprise. I got out there in my wedding dress and was still in my heels. I was lucky they were comfortable. Luke grabbed my hands and kissed me on the forehead and then the song started to play. My eyes lit up. We started to slow dance to it. He then whispered in my ear.

"What I'd Say is my all time favorite country song too." He smiled down at me and we finished out the song. Everyone clapped.
"Luke, I would have never guessed that was yours too!" We kissed then I changed into a different dress.

We both danced a little bit longer and then sat down. My uncle Mike then came up to me and said he wanted to dance. I danced with him and then Luke's father. Luke was dancing with his mother. Everyone was having fun and since it was open bar a lot of our friends got drunk. I didn't want to so I could remember this day for the rest of my life. There were a lot of pictures taken. There was a lot more people here then there was at the wedding. We couldn't fit everyone in the church. I met all of Luke's family and he met the other side of mine. Uncle Bud had a son with a woman when he was young, so the kid is my age and really cool. This is the first time I saw him in over 10 years. He had a wife and kid. Uncle Bud was not his favorite person because of his mother hated Uncle Bud.
Daniel was there. I invited him last minute and Luke finally met him. He was very nice to him. He congratulated us. He then introduced us to his boyfriend. I was shocked. So was Luke. I commented to Luke, now you really had nothing to worry about. Luke laughed at my comment. Everything was going so well. We were all so excited to be here.
When the cake was cut we did smash pieces into each other's face. I licked it off of Luke's face. It was better than the taste test.
It was time for us to go and we left in Luke's new truck. Tomorrow we were heading off at noon to our honey moon in Italy. We got back to the house and had a little fun. We were lying in bed cuddling into each other.

"Baby. I love you." I said smiling.
"I love you too Mrs. Bryan." He said. He loved being able to say it now. "Can we start trying for kids now?" He asked and I looked at him. He was serious.
"Yeah. I don't see why not. "I kissed his lips.
"Good. I want a little Luke running around." He said all proud.
"That would be nice. We would have a few years from now till one would be running. "I giggled.
"Oh you know what I mean."
"We should get a dog." I said out of the blue.
"What kind?"
"A lab. They are good for anything. Protection, love, and hunting." He looked down at me.
"Well after we get back we can look for a puppy."
"You name it." I told him.
"Why me?"
"I suck at naming dogs. I'd name it Spot or Rusty. I don't like those names." Luke laughed at me.
"Okay. I'll name it. I want a boy dog though."
"I'm okay with either." I smiled up at him and snuggled in closer. He pulled the covers over us more.

We then fell asleep in each other's arms. I dreamed of having kids with Luke and seeing them run around the house and outside with a dog having fun.