Chapter 30 - Our Baby's On The Way

I'm now 8 1/2 months pregnant. I got to go through the rest of the tour after telling Luke that I was pregnant. We had such a great time these months. Everyone was excited. Last week I had my baby shower. If you could only see Luke's face when we were opening gifts of blue everything. He was excited to have a son.
We found out that we were having a son and Luke went and started to make one of our extra bedrooms into a boy's room. He let me help decorate it. We were going to name him after Luke so we had his name on the wall above the crib we got. Everything was set up nicely. It had a nature theme with baby animals. We got a lot of extra stuff from the baby shower. The clothes were adorable and everything.
I was enjoying being pregnant. I may be a beach ball right now but it didn't matter to me. Luke was staying home for the next 5 months while SLOWLY working on a new album. He doesn't want to miss having the baby. He also wanted to help me out because the bigger I got the harder it was to move around and do normal things. My feet would also hurt and my back. Every night Luke rubbed my feet and would cuddle to me. Sometimes we would just be in bed and he put his hand where the baby is kicking and talks to him. He calls him Bo already. It is so cute when he says what he wants to do when he gets old enough, and how he is going to try to be the best father he can especially while on tour. He also tells him about how I and he met and how pretty I am. I can't help but be over joyed by having a baby with Luke.
Miranda wants to be the god mother. She said she will have a hissy fit if she isn't. She bought him the most adorable farmer outfits when he gets old enough. She is probably going to spoil him. She is basically a sister to me and would basically be his aunt.
Today Luke and I were just sitting outside and fishing. I caught a few fish and so did Luke. We set them free because they were too small. I had to sit on the tailgate because my back started to really hurt. I didn't tell Luke because he seemed like he was having great time fishing. I told him I just felt like sitting. Bo was kicking up a storm too. I was just holding my stomach when Luke came up to me.

"Baby, you sure you alright?" He put his hands on my knees and I looked into his eyes.
"Bo, he is kicking up a damn storm." I laughed. Luke smiled and kissed me. He then bent down to his knees and placed his hands over mine.
"Hey Bo. Whatcha doing to mama? You tryna show her you’re a kick boxer huh?" I giggled at that. I put my hands over his so he could feel the obnoxious kicking from Bo.
"Feel that. He is like running a marathon." Luke just laughed and kissed my stomach.
"He seems like he can't wait for the finish line at the end of the tunnel." Luke put his head on my stomach and started singing. Sometimes when Luke would sing Bo would stop kicking like it made him fall asleep or something. He slowed up on kicking by the time Luke was done singing. I had my hand on Luke's head brushing my finger though his hair.
"He let up." I smiled as Luke looked up at me with his brown beautiful eyes.
"Want to keep fishing?" Luke smirked.
"Duh! We came out here for a fish and we are gone get one." I said and he helped me off of the tailgate.
"That's my girl." He kissed my cheek.

We were fishing for about an hour longer. The sunset was starting and Luke finally got a keeper. As he was about to take it off the hook I felt a bunch of pressure on my stomach. I grabbed it and looked at him. Then I felt a bunch of water go down my legs. I put my hand up my dress and felt I was soaked. This was scary to me but I knew my water just broke. I wanted to say something to Luke but I just couldn't say anything. Luke looked over to me and his face fell and he dropped the fish.

"Baby, what's wrong? Is Bo kicking again?" As he said that I felt pain. I pointed down to the now wet ground and my wet legs and sandals. His eyes went so wide. "Let's get you home and then to the hospital." Luke said helping me into the truck after putting his shirt down on the seat because I was wet.
"Just stay calm" I mumbled to myself holding my stomach.

When we got back to the house I whipped myself with a rag and got dressed with the help of Luke. I put on another sundress and sandals as we made our way carefully. My pains were getting rougher and more frequent. When we got to the hospital. Luke signed us in and they got me a room. The pain was the worst in the world. Luke was trying to keep me happy and calm. He was telling me how this is all going to be worth it and how he wishes he could have the pain instead of me.
When the doctor came in he asked me if I wanted an epidural. I never really thought about it before. I looked at Luke who just stared at me. I don't know if he is against that or not.

"Um. I guess no." I said. Unsure of my answer.
"You sure?" Luke asked me.
"Yes. I should at least have one completely natural. Next one as of right now I'm saying no way in hell." I laughed.
"Okay. You can't change your mind after you get too dialated and he is about to come out." The doctor told me and I nodded.

We just had to wait a few more hours. I felt like that last few centemeters of dialation went so slow. I was tired from dealing with the pain and I was up and out all day fishing with Luke. Miranda, Blake, Jess, and Jason all came to see us. Jess was telling me she got an epidoral and she is happy she did by seeing my face when the contractions were there and hurting at their worst. The doctor came in noticing I was only five minutes apart from my contractions and I was fully dialated. Luke had to go put scrubs on. I didn't want him to leave my side. He kissed me before he left.
The whole process was agonizing. I couldn't help but scream through pushing. Luke had my hand in his and I'm sure his hand probably went numb by how hard I was holding it. I didn't care about how many times I was told I was doing great or it is going well I just wanted Bo out. When the pushing and all was done. You saw the doctor pull a baby away and Luke cut the cord. A lady put him in a blanket and you could hear crying throughout the room. I was full of tears seeing my beautiful baby boy be placed in my arms.
I looked at his dirty little scruncy face. He was crying still and Luke was right next to me. We had to let them do all what they needed to do and they got me all cleaned up. When we got back into a room I was sitting up holding onto Bo. Luke was standing next to me as our friend walked in. They complemented and told us how cute he was. I was in bliss. They took pictures and I made them do that on my phone so I could send them to my uncles. Luke's parents were going to be by tomorrow to see the baby and help us if we needed it.
When everyone left Luke was holding onto Bo after I fed him. He was staring up at Luke with wide eyes. Luke was talking to him. Luke noticed I was staring at him.

"Baby you look tired. I'll take everything from here. We had a long day especially you. Get some rest." Luke smiled at me. I nodded and yawned.
"I just don't want to take my eyes off him. He already looks like you. The sight of seeing you two is something I only thought I could dream of but my dreams didn't picture it this beautiful." I smiled. He leaned over and kissed my forehead.
"Well just dream and we will be here when you wake up. I love you baby girl."
"I love you too and you too baby boy." He looked over at me and smiled. My heart warmed up.

I laid back and closed my eyes. I couldn't fall right asleep. I just thought of what my father would think. He would have been in here telling us how much of a blessing this is. He told me when I was younger, when I found the right man, and when he held our first born, you'll feel as if heaven is on earth. That is when you know you found the right path. I smiled as I slowly started to drift off to sleep thinking about my life with Luke and our small and growing family.

The last thing I heard when I was falling asleep was Luke singing to Bo.

"I ain't been doing to right, since I met her last night. Some kind of burning breakfast, lost at work state of mind. We're meeting here because, she mentioned that she loves this kind of sushi, veggie, raw and edgy natural stuff. But I'm feeling out of place, but baby's on the way. I'm just boots in a rusty Chevy; my hands are sweating heavy, something she's got me feeling like this. All I got to do is play it cool and end the night with a kiss, Hey, Baby's on the way. Ain't gonna try those lines been used so many times. Like when you fell from heaven did it hurt, and did you cry? I'm gonna wear this smile, sit back and talk a while, pull a few questions from my get to know her better file. Hey it's been a real good day because baby's on the way. . I'm just boots in a rusty Chevy; my hands are sweating heavy, something she's got me feeling like this. All I gotta do is play it cool and end the night with a kiss, Hey Hey, Baby's on the way. Oh, yeah yeah. It's just a simple case of can't wait, gonna be great to see her again. Gonna be tough to hide whats inside and in my eyes when she walks in. Oh. I'm just boots in a rusty Chevy; my hands are sweating heavy, something she's got me feeling like this. All I gotta do is play it cool and end the night with a kiss, Hey Hey, Baby's on the way. Hey, yeah, my baby's on the way, yeah yeah, baby's on the way." Luke sang and I drifted off with a smile on my face.

I'm sorry to say that this is the final chapter. It is sad to say but there is great news coming up in the Ending Note after this. Thank you all for reading. - Pup