Chapter 20 - Worry

Luke and I have been engaged for a month. We have decided to do the wedding in 5 months. I just started today looking through everything for the wedding. Miranda and I were going to go out to this place that sold invitations. I was going to just look at some and bring what I liked home. Luke told me whatever I wanted. I wanted him to like it too and that is what I want. Miranda was going to meet me there since she was already having to be out that way. When I got there she was waiting for me outside talking to someone.
We went into the store and there was a bunch of wedding things. There was a signing book, invitations, table cloths, banners, flower arrangement options. They had almost everything except for dresses. They had places they recommended though. I already knew Luke said I could have a mint green and sky blue theme. I thought it would be beautiful for the spring time weather. It was the first week of December so I was getting married in May.
I had a few options that I was bringing back. I also had a booklet that would help me pick. I wanted Luke to sit down and pick things from what Miranda and I circled. The ladies in the store were great. They helped me out with what styles match and everything. Miranda talked me into going to a wedding dress shop and just look. Then when we got there I had to try some on. She had called Jess up and she came in and my two best friends were helping me pick which one looked nicest. The last one I tried out of about 15 was the one. It was beautiful. It was an Organza and Tulle High to low gown with a beaded flower on the left side. I had heels on because that's how they made me try on the dress and I walked out to the floor. Miranda and Jess had their mouths to the floor. The lady that was helping was even in shock.

"Oh my god girl!" Jess said as I walked up to them.
"This is beautiful on you and your figure." Miranda said in awe. I walked up to the mirror and saw myself. This is the dress. This is my wedding dress. "How does the back look?"
"Wonderful! It is beautiful!" Miranda said.
"I want this one." I looked at the lady and said. It fit so snug. It made everything look good.

I was able to pay for my dress because Luke and I got a joint bank account. He said anything for the wedding is to be bought with this, along with the household things. I told him I am still making money of my own so whatever I want I'll get with my own. He said he is fine with that because he knows I want to still be independent and not wanting to rely on him.
I asked Miranda to take the dress so Luke would not snoop around and find it and look at it. I was so excited. I said by to the girls and we went on our ways home. I had to travel a long dark road. There was a car coming every once in a while. I was listening to music singing along with I saw this one car was not driving right. Then I noticed it was swerving right into my direction……

~Luke's Point Of View~

"Oh man Luke, are you excited to start planning your wedding?"Jason asked me.
"Of course. I've been waiting for this day since I was younger. I've always saw how happy my ma and pa were. Now I get to experience this with Nikki. She's made my life whole again. After Chris and Kelly's passing's I didn't know if I could feel this complete. I am more excited for this than becoming a well known country artist." I told the guys. We were drinking out on my porch just letting our women shop.
"It's a great feeling being married to your best friend. If I would have never met Miranda my life would suck more than ever. No offense guys." Blake said grabbing another beer from the cooler.
"I agree. Jess and I have been together for so long, I still feel like it hasn't been that long. Every morning I wake up realizing we've been together for so long but my love just keeps growing and with her being pregnant. We can share out love to our child." Jason said.
"I can't wait to have these moments' guys. Kids running around her, Nikki to come into after hunting, or fishing, or touring, a dog to go hunting with and the kids to fish with. I'll only hate leaving on tour, but I love my career."
"It is hard leaving Jess behind all the time. With this technology of being able to talk to them through a video chat improving we will not be so far. A phone call is nice but seeing their face is amazing." Jason said then my phone started to ring.
"Awe look she can't wait to talk to you already!" Blake said teasing me. I looked at the phone and it was a number I didn't know.
"I don't know who it is. I hope a fan didn't get my number again." I said setting it down ignoring it's buzzing on the table.
"That was funny. They were so excited and you were the most confused I've ever seen you." Blake laughed at me.
"I had to change my number because of that. After that I got hundreds of calls at all times of day. I was trying to sleep and Nikki woke me up telling me she is gonna throw it out the damn window if it goes off one more damn time." I said laughing remembering that night.
"I would tell you the same shit." Jason said taking a sip of his beer.

It was becoming late and Nikki wasn't back yet. I thought most stores closed at 9 and it was around 11 o' clock.  They probably stopped at a bar because they were excited. Then Blake got a call from Miranda

"Hello baby……. Yeah I'm still at Luke's…. I'll head home…. How long have you been home…. Two hours?.... Okay. I'll be home. Love you…." He hung up. "The girls have left the store over two hours ago and Miranda said I partied enough with you." Blake said getting up.
"Is Jess and Nikki there with her?" Jason asked since our women should have been home by now.
"I don't know. I'll let you know when I get home." Blake said and he did his byes and left.
"That's weird Jess since getting pregnant would call me to be home by now. Unless she passed out." Jason said calling jess.
"Yeah. Nikki would let me know where she is at." I was getting confused at where she was and my phone rang while Jason was on the phone with Jess. I walked away from him and down off the porch and answered it.

"Hello?" I answered the number I didn't know.
"Thomas Bryan?" A female's voice came through the phone.
"This is him. May I help you?"
"Hello Mr. Bryan. I'm Nurse Jefferson. I'm calling in behalf of Nikki Daniels. You're her emergency contact. She is here in Nashville General Hospital. She's been in a serious car accident." My heart broke.
"I'll be right there!" I said into the phone. Almost dropping it as I was hanging up and grabbing the keys out of my pocket and running to my truck.
"Where are you going?" Jason yelled.
"Nikki's hurt! HOSPITAL" I yelled getting in my truck and driving as fast as I could to the hospital. 

I parked my truck and didn’t even lock it as I ran inside to the emergency room. I had to wait behind someone. I was becoming more and more of a wreck as I had to wait. When I got up there I was talking so fast I am surprised the nurse understood. It was actually the nurse that called me. She told me I would have to wait in the waiting room. Nikki was in surgery. I went outside and called Blake as I saw Jason arrive in his truck coming up to me. After that Jess arrived and soon was Blake and Miranda. I didn't talk to no one when I sat outside on the bench. Jason answered he hasn't talked since he got the call and told me he was coming here and to tell you guys to.
Miranda sat next to me and rubbed my back. I just looked at her. I was holding back tears. It was so hard. I wanted to stay strong until I knew what was happening. I went inside twice asking what was going on and still had no answer. The second time the nurse was going to see what was going on with her and tell me her status at that moment. When she told me she was in surgery and had a 40 percent chance of making it. I walked outside not letting her finish her comment to me. I walked past my friends to a different bench. I put my head in my hands and tears started to fall. I felt someone put their hand on my back. It was Miranda. She looked upset.

"She is in surgery….She has a 40 percent chance of making it….She can't leave me…. Not now… Not ever." I started to cry as Miranda just pulled me into a hug and let me cry. Blake was on my other side.
"She is a strong woman Luke. She'll make it." Blake said patting my back.
"Yeah, she will make it through all this." Jess said as they all gathered around me.
"Mr. Bryan!" The nurse yelled and I quickly stood up.
"Yes!" I said walking fast towards her.
"A doctor would like to speak with you." She said very sad faced. My heart was sinking.
"She is?" I said with a tear falling.
"Talk to the Doctor Mr. Bryan. He has things to tell you." She said leading me to a man in a white coat. The closer I got the more scared I've ever been. There was also a police officer next to him. Blake followed me in but let me talk to them alone.