Chapter 23 - Christmas

I woke up around 7am with Luke still fast asleep. I walked downstairs starting the pot of coffee. Leclair came downstairs and we both made breakfast for the guys. We had to go wake them up. We all ate and then headed to the Christmas tree which had tons of presents under it. I don't think even when I was younger I had this many presents.
We let his parents go first. We got his mom new kitchen supplies, and gift certificates. His dad got a new hat, boots, clothes, and certificates too. Luke was next. He opened what his parents got him first. They got him clothes and stuff for his truck. Then he opened one of my gifts. It was hunting gear. His eyes lit up. Then he went for the other gift. He opened it up and it was a camo bow. It had two lines of his favorite shade of blue. It also had his name on it on one of the strips of blue on the other it said Love you. He then opened his last gift from me. It was a matching fishing pole. It had the same things on it. I also put rigs, and spool in there as well. He kissed me and thanked me. He looked happier than a little kid in a candy store.
It was my turn. I was handed my gifts. His parents got me two dresses, and a few nice hats. Then I opened up Luke's gifts. He got me a necklace and matching bracelet with earrings. Then there was a small box. I opened it and there was a key in it. I looked at him confused. He got up and gave me his hand. I slowly got off the floor and we all followed him outside. He covered my eyes and made me walk down the steps I heard a door open and he told me to climb in. I had to keep my eyes shut. He helped me in and I could feel I was in the driver seat. I felt him lean over and heard a key go in the ignition. It roared. I then was told to open my eyes. I did and I squealed with happiness. It was a brand new Chevy Silverado. I looked all in it and it had black leather seats and was tinted out all the way around. Everything was so much newer. It had navigation built in, Bluetooth capability, on star, heated and cooled seats, and a hat just on the dash. It was a camo Chevy hat. I put it on. I looked over to Luke who was smiling like a fool and his parents were standing back smiling.

"LUKE!" I yelled at him and he came closer. I just hugged onto him who made me fall to him and he helped me out of the vehicle. He turned off the engine and handed me the key.
"It's all yours baby." I walked all around it. It was already lifted as well too. Just enough to where I like it. It was white and shined in the morning sun. I just hugged him again with tears.
"Luke you shouldn't have!" I said knowing this is expensive as hell.
"I have a deal with Chevy. That's why I got a new one too." He said pointing at his. It was black, lifted, and on thirty fives.
"Oh my god." I said. "They match." I just jumped on Luke and he tried to hold me up. I put my arms around his neck and kissed him. I didn’t care about how bad that hurt. He let me down.
"Damn, calm down. You're gonna get hurt more than you already are. I'm glad you like it though." He said putting his arm around my shoulders.
"I love it." I said happy as hell.
"Oh and I put your papa's bible in the glove box."
"Awe. You're so thoughtful." I said hugging him tight.
"Well no one is going to drive it first before you. Let's go in. It's cold." Luke said and held my hand all the way inside.

We went inside and all hung around. I went off on my own writing lyrics down. I had only a few ideas but my mind was wondering too much. I started to think about papa. I went through the spare bedrooms closet. I found the two photo albums. I sat Indian style looking through the album of my dad and me. He put it all together from the first time he held me to the last picture we took together before he died. I looked through and saw Christmas pictures. A few pages were dedicated to my first Christmas. My dad looked so happy helping me open up presents. It was like that for years. I got to our last Christmas. We did a lot of pictures. We went to the church on Christmas and gave out gifts to those less fortunate. I only got one gift that year. My father gave me a necklace he gave to my mother as a wedding gift. There was a picture of him putting it on and a huge smile plastered on my face. The picture that got me was me holding a 3 year old with their mother next to my father and me. My father was helping the kid open the present which was a truck to play with. The kid looked like they were giggling. My father had a tear in his eye. I put down the album.
When I was setting it down. Letters fell out the back. There was a bunch. I picked them up and set down the album gently leaving it on the page of our last picture. They all had notes on the front. One said Wedding Day, one said Son in Law, One said to the man that takes her heart, one said your dream, one said read for grandchild, and the one said read when you find these. I was so confused. I opened the letter that said read when you find these.