Chapter 21 - She's Okay

I talked to the doctors and they told me she was at a very low chance of surviving when she first got here. They lost her once. Blake put his arm around my shoulders I was about to cry but the doctor continued. He said she was going to be okay. She wouldn't wake up for a little while. She had head trauma but not as bad as what it seems. She would awake within a week or so they predicted. She had a lot of cuts, and broken ribs. They had to open up her side to make sure her ribs didn't cut into her lungs. If she had any loss of memory it wouldn't be permanent. They said nothing is 100% sure until she wakes up and they run their tests.
The person who hit her was drunk. It hit her right on her side and he truck had flipped. She was going to be extremely upset that her truck is gone since it was her fathers. I asked the cop where is the truck and how could I access it so I could get her belongings out. I was told and that is what I was going to do once she wakes up. I'm going to stay by her bedside every minute of every day just to make sure when she wakes up she'll see me. I'm canceling everything just to be by her side. She needs me.
They showed me where she was and tears ran to my eyes when I saw how banged up she was. I saw all the cuts, and one was huge on her heard it seemed from how they had to wrap it in bandages. I went and held her hand to the less messed up arm. Blake and Miranda followed suit. They saw her and Miranda was crying. Her best friend was laying infront of her so I knew she knew how I felt. Well at least to an extent.
They left making sure I would call them if anything were to happen. I just nodded my head. I was awake most of the night in the chair. I fell asleep holding her hand.
The next day Blake and Miranda came in with clothes for me, and food. They told me to go get a shower at home so I could be fresh they'd keep an eye on her. I was very reluctant to go but I did. When I got home I showered up and ate. Then I called her Uncle's. They weren't able to leave the rodeo but they wanted me to keep them posted. I told them I'll give them daily reports. Then I called my mother.
"Mama." I said sobbing.
"Luther! What's wrong baby boy?" She asked so scared of what I am probably going to say.
"Nikki, she got into a car accident."I cried.
"Oh honey, what happened?" She asked. She sounded so seneire and full of care. She fully loved Nikki and knew that she was good for me. She knew how much I loved her before I even realized I was defininetly in love with her.
"Some drunk driver hit her, she is not able to wake up for a little while, she is all hurt, she has cuts all over, and they had to fix her ribs so it didn't cut into her lung. It was very close to doing that……. Mama I don't wanna loose her, I can't." I sobbed. I didn't care if I was a grown man. I just wanted my baby back.
"Honey, just keep faith. You love her and I know you do. I have not seen you act like this since Kelly. Please keep strong and have faith for her to wake up and only have to heal up her scars. Pray Luke. Your love and prayer will get you and her through this." She told me
"I will mama. I will." I told her.
"Good, now keep your pa and I posted on her."
"I will. Love you mama."
"Love you too son." She told me.
I went back to the hospital. They gave me a bed to stay in. I was grateful for that because I wanted to be here as much as possible. I only went home to shower because Blake and Miranda would come in to watch if she was awake. The doctors told me any day she'll be waking up. I stayed there day in and day out until I saw her soft eyes open. I smiled wide. I explained everything to her and the doctors had to do tests to make sure she was going to be fine.