You Liar! (one-shot)

i've been rewatching the PMV Karma by A mess called Maci and casually sobbing in the corner as I remember the story of ATUS so blame someone other than me for this angst-

   ~*~

"Grian?" The blonde turned around to see his good friend walking up to him. "Oh, hi EX!" he exclaimed, not noticing the albino man's nervous expression. "How are you?"

"Fine I guess." He sighed. "Look Grian I need to talk to you about something."

Grian raised an eyebrow curiously, but set down the stuff he was carrying. "Alright then. What is it?"

Bracing himself, he forced the words up his throat. "I... I know you're a Watcher." The short phrase burned on his tongue and he felt like he was suffocating under Grian's gaze.

The blonde's eyes widened. "H-how..." he whispered, words barely louder than a breathe. "But I... I never... No one should know... How-"

Words tumbled from his mouth before he stop them. "Because I'm a Watcher too." The sentence were so calm but they were hiding so much pain. "I've been one ever since I came to Hermitcraft."

Grian stumbled backwards, eyes clouded over with fear and panic.

EX stepped forward, reaching out a hand to put on his friend's shoulder. "Grian please understand-"

A sharp smack echoed through the quiet air. EX instinctively recoiled, hand stinging slightly from the hit.

"Don't touch me!" Grian yelled, tears starting to fall from his dark eyes. "Did you know what they've been doing to me?! To Hermitcraft?!"

The albino nodded numbly.

"I can't believe you! Why didn't you tell me earlier!"

"Because this is what I was scared would happen!" EX protested, praying his friend would understand. "When I was left with Xisuma, the Watchers told me I wasn't allowed to interfere with the next Watcher! They said they would perma-kill me!"

Grian was quiet for a moment. "... you liar..."

"No, Grian! I'm telling the truth-!"

"YOU LIAR!" Purple flames shot from the blonde's hand as familiar glowing veins crackled down his arms, steady tears falling from his eyes.

EX gasped and harshly threw himself to the ground, barely avoiding the deadly flame. Pain hissed through his arm where it met the ground, but that wasn't important right now. "Grian you have to listen to me!" he begged, letting his eyes meet the enraged hermit's. "It's true! I wasn't allowed to interfere."

"I don't believe you!" Grian swept out his arm again and this time, the purple fire blasted him backwards. The albino cried out in pain as burns seared across his body, leaving nasty black chars on his pearly white skin.

Grian crept closer, blind anger lightning his dark gaze. A staff summoned beside him, radiating neon energy as it held itself against EX's throat. "I bet you were too much of a coward to help me," he hissed, tears staining his cheeks. "Too scared to help out your friend. Well cowards." He spat the word like it was poison on his tongue. "Deserve to die."

His cheeks wet from cold tears, EX could only stare up at his once-friend. Then a sharp pain pierced it's way through his throat, rendering him unable to even cry out.

Then black.

> EvilXisuma was slain by Grian

   ~*~

oh wow, fighting scenes are pretty fun to write :D

(isweari'lldomoreotherhermitstuffjustgivemeaminute- )

[2022 EDIT: L edgy]