Hermit Kids (one-shot)

quick review; Tommy and Will (twins from Architechs), Lori (FCS daughter), Taylor (ConVex son), Roman (RenDoc son), Yewey (ZIT daughter), Jerry (X&Joe son), Miranda (EX&Joe daughter), Lucas (PWJ son). Check out the part "Next Generation AU" for more info

oh also, they're in a plains next to a birch forest and mountains because reasons

   ~*~

"We really get all of this?" Jerry gasped, looking around. "An entire server to ourselves?!"

"Of course J!" Xisuma replied, chuckling as the young boy hugged his legs.

"Wow, thanks guys," Miranda said, her eyes wide with surprise. "I'm surprised you'd trust us with a server. It's gonna be gone in like, a week. You know that right?"

Iskall rolled his eyes playfully. "Your uncle was worse than all of you combined," he remarked, pointing at Grian. "This man led a side of the civil war!"

"You mean the winning side!" Grian added.

"Alright you lot, hush," Ren chided. "Let's let kids have their own fun." He turned to Roman and bent down to peck his forehead. "See ya later Roman."

"See ya dad!" Roman exclaimed, grinning eagerly. Then Ren logged out. "Don't kill anyone yet, alright?" Doc said, smirking and receiving a harsh nudge from Joe.

They all said their goodbyes before leaving the kids to their devices.

Lucas clapped his hands together, making a soft squish noise. "Alright what first?" he asked eagerly, immediately looking to Miranda.

"I suggest we get some wood," she said calmly. "We can build a house to share for the first night, then we can start making our own houses."

"I don't want to share a house with you idiots," Will grumbled. Tommy grinned and nudged him heartily, earning a yelp from the brunette. "C'mon Will! It'll be fun!" His twin groaned, but reluctantly agreed. "I'll get some coal and whatever."

The group agreed on what jobs they would have before splitting up to search for materials, agreeing to meet back next to the forest by sunset. Miranda and Jerry were getting sand for glass, Tommy and Will were mining, Lucas and Taylor were collecting wood, and Roman and Lori were looking for food. Yewey had gone off to see if she could collect anything from a nearby village.

They met up when the sun was already half-way past the horizon and started building a small house. Tommy was using his wings to fly up and build the roof and Taylor was placing torches on top to light up everything. Miranda and Will had placed down the glass and made use of all three of their doors for multiple exits. Jerry and Lucas had decorated the inside with flowers on the grass floor and had somehow herded a sheep in. "His name is Karen!" Jerry exclaimed, not noticing the snickers from Will and Roman.

Roman was warming himself by the cooking food and bits of iron they had collected. Lori had come back with tons of food and beds, so Yewey has started setting up a farm.

Night had fallen and the group of kids settled into their beds. "I'm glad I get to build a server with you guys," Taylor commented, yawning mid-way through his words.

"This was so fun!" Jerry exclaimed, snuggling deeper into Miranda's arms. He yawned. "Good night..."

"Night ya'll."

"Oh look, it's the Devil in Diapers!" Lucas teased as the masked "hero" flew overhead.

"Hey!" the person protested, glaring through his white domino mask. "That's the Angel of Anarchy to you!" The angel loaded his crossbow and started firing down arrows of slowness.

"Ah!" Lori yelped, backflipping to dodge the barrage of arrows. "Tommy!" She shook her fist angrily at wire halo-wearing hero. "Get back here you!" She swiftly leaped into the sky with her elytra and shot after him.

The angel's eyes widened and he shot in the opposite direction. "Lori!" he wailed. "I'm sorry! Don't hurt meeee!"

"Oh, I'm gonna do more than hurt you!"

Lucas giggled watching the pair dart after each other. He continued walking until he got to Yewey's beach house, and knocked on the door. "Yewweyyy~!" he called. "I got your stuff!"

The door opened and he was met with a messy-haired Yewey. "Oh, thanks a lot Lucas!" she exclaimed, taking the obsidian from him. "Here's your feathers!" She dug through a shulker box for a moment before handing him the pile of feathers, which he quickly shoved in his inventory.

The Hermit kids had never really had proper "shops", they just traded items whenever they needed to. It worked for them since they never really saw the use in hoarding tons of diamonds if you going to do anything with them. Well, except for Yewey and Tommy but that was besides the point.

"What do you even need all that obsidian for anyways?" Lucas asked, eyes wide with curiousity. "Unless you're going to make 10 nether portals, you can't use it for much."

"Oh I'm hope to make my own sword!" she replied excitedly. "Lori's been teaching me how to make swords out of iron and we're hoping we can do the same with obsidian."

Lucas nodded and chuckled lightly. "Ambitious as always Yewey!"

She clicked her tongue and winked, doing finger guns. "You know it!"

"That's all I think," Taylor muttered to himself, counting the bones and string in his arms. He was gathering materials for a pair of wings he hoped to make and although it was pretty dangerous at night, he thought a walk might do him some good rather than just trading with someone.

He flinched as a sharp screech pierced his ears. Taylor looked up to see a phantom swoop up into the air before diving right at him, green eyes glaring pointedly at him. He gasped and fumbled to put away his stuff and grab a sword out.

The phantom was going to hit him no mattered what, so he just covered his head with his arms, praying he wouldn't die from this.

Then a strangled cry split through the air. Taylor glanced up just in time to see the phantom, an arrow stuck in it's side, turn to smoke and drop green glittering orbs of experience.

"You really should be more careful," said a familiar voice. He looked to see Will staring at him, a bow in his hands.

"I- uh- thank you," Taylor stammered. He awkwardly bent down to pick up the stuff he dropped before putting it in his inventory.

The brunette in front of him nodded in response and walked up to him. "I can walk you home if you want," he offered quietly. "Just so you, ya know, don't get attack again."

Taylor smiled and nodded. "Y-yeah. I'd really like that."

Will's scuffed his feet, embarrassed, and glared at the shorter boy. "Just... shut up and follow me back."

   ~*~

i've only had these bbys for like, 2 days now and if anything happened to them i would kill everyone else in the room and then myself

also wILL AND TAYLOR WOULD YOU LIKE TO SHARE SOMETHING WITH THE CLASS, WE'RE ALL VERY INTERESTED-

[2022 EDIT: lol this is so cringe]