Just Another Day (one-shot)

hi and welcome to "i want to write fighting scenes with pirate EX so here we are"

(warning: gore and angst)

   ~*~

"You two better shut your fucking mouths once we do this alright?" EX snapped at Ren and Iskall, the two ready with their swords. They nodded excitedly, not completely paying attention.

EX sighed to himself, hardly listening when Xisuma ordered Biffa to fire the cannons. He was going to rip those two apart after this attack...

"C'mon EX!" Ren and Iskall tore past him, carelessly leaping into a two-on-one with a member from the other crew. EX rolled his eyes, grabbed onto a rope, and climbed up. Once his feet were pressed against the edge of the mast, he pushed off it and swung down into battle.

He quickly whipped out his flintlock and shot at a white-haired man fighting Xisuma, catching him off-guard as the bullet nicked his arm. The man, without looking up, pulling out a gun and shot blindly at EX, continuing to slash at Xisuma.

Least I can respect that he's got some guts, EX thought, smirking. He dropped from the rope and knocked the man down, pinning him to the floor. Xisuma cocked his gun and shot a bullet clean through his head. Blood to dribbled out and pooled on the wooden deck, the man's one black and one red eye clouding over. EX grinned seeing a bit of blood leak through the dark mask over his mouth.

"Help Ren, I got Iskall," Xisuma ordered, rushing off without another word. EX whipped out his cutlass and ripped at a man with a red bandana around his dark brown hair. EX sneered as the man stumbled backwards, clearing failing to avoid and/or counteract EX's hits. With one hard shove, the man was sent tumbling into the dark swirling depths clawing at the sides of the ship.

This is what life was about. Listening to your enemies breathe their final breath as their life paints your blade red, watching gleaming bullets tear through their heads, tasting the victory of their spilled blood.

Then there was only the captain. EX stalked over to the cornered captain, observing him like a predator circling it's prey. He could seeing red dripping off the captain's mechanical arm, blood spilling from a hard gash in his shoulder.

"Your final words?" Xisuma hissed, sword pressed to the soft skin of the captain's throat.

"Wait." Xisuma turned to EX, scowling. "What is it first mate?" EX brushed off the subtle insult and pressed a hand against Xisuma's sword, ushering to lower it. "Why don't we take in this miserable excuse of a captain?" EX suggested, a wicked glint in his haunting red eyes. "We could use a new swab after all. Biffa would be of much more use as a proper pirate than mopping the decks."

Xisuma stared back for a moment before nodding. "But if we're going to let him live." X cocked his pistol and raised it, grinning wickedly. "Then he needs a mark."

A gunshot rang through the silent air, followed by a horrifying scream. EX sneered at the mess of the muscle that leaked from where the captain's eye used to be, blood quickly spilling from the deep gash.

"Welcome to your new crew."

   ~*~

say hello to sadistic EX, ya know im really starting to like him-