ConVex powers (ask)

first ask! :D

so *claps hands* i guess i never really talked about this, did i? whoops lol

Cub and Scar were just curious about the different kinds of magic within the Hermitcraft world. They thought out that witches' powers were just potion making, so that idea was scrapped quickly. Then they looked into Evoker magic. They found a spell in the end structure library and performed it, accidentally releasing a ton of Vex magic. The Vex magic basically possessed their bodies since it needed a host and they were closest, and transformed them into Vex hybrids.

So now they can go into Vex mode which basically means they can float through blocks and shit. The only downside to Vex mode is they can't hold anything besides their Vex swords they can summon. The wings are purely aesthetic and hold no purpose other than being an illusion to trick people into thinking if they attack the wings they can hinder them, when that's not true in the slightest. Their Vex swords are the only thing they can hold in Vex mode and can only be summoned while in Vex mode. They basically just work like normal iron swords.

ConVex bois don't have a Vex overlord or anything, but if they use too much magic it does give them a sensory overload and sometimes a panic attack. Vex mode doesn't cause this so they use it a lot for scouting out areas. They magic can be used in various ways which are currently unknown to them, and the only use of Vex magic they know is summoning that row of spikes Evokers can summon as an attack. If they're within 1,000 blocks of a Woodland Mansion, they're instantly drawn towards them as a Vex hybrid instinct.

this was fun to write :3 lore and backstories are so great to write about

asks are still open, please ask!