Fight or Flight (one-shot)

It was another peaceful night for the four shadows. They'd decided to rest on Mumbo's base because, even if his shadow was nasty, Mumbo was quite nice to them.

Rift as usual had taken to clinging to Warp's waist, the shadowy knight humming lightly and running his hand through the smaller's hair. Exploit was writing out a poem and Intercept kept quietly pointing out words he could use to rhyme with.

"Hey," a voice growled. Intercept snapped his head up to see Memory floating in front of them with his arms crossed. "What're you doing here? This is my base."

Exploit shifted uncomfortably. "Well actually it's Mumbo's-"

"Who is my player," Memory interrupted, glaring daggers at the nervous shadow. "So get off this build and find another place to sit."

"We can sit where we want!" Intercept protested, glaring back indignantly. "Every shadow has free reign over everywhere! That's just common knowledge!"

Memory turned his sharp gaze over to Intercept and bent down, matching his stare with the other's. "Do you wanna test that," he hissed in a dangerously low tone.

"Hey!" Memory turned to Rift, who had untangled himself from Warp and was now sitting upright, glaring back at the shadow. "Stop being a bully! Let us sit where we want! We're not disturbing you anyways!"

"Little Rift's finally grown a spine I see," Memory remarked, rolling his eyes. "All of you are to get off right now, or I won't hesitate to attack you."

Rift shifted and got to his feet, trembling as he matched the shadow's glare with his own. Red electricity started to crackle around him as he spoke. Warp widened his eyes and quickly covered his ears. "We can sit wherever we want," Rift snarled. "So you're going to stop being a bully and leave us alone. Got it?"

Memory stared back in shock for a moment before nodding his head, quickly swooping back into Mumbo's base.

Rift sighed and sat back down, curling up against Warp again. The taller shadow smiled proudly and ran a hand through Rift's hair, gently scratching around his ears. Intercept had a big grin on his face and was clasping his hands together, trying not to clap with excitement. Exploit smiled slightly and gave a thumbs up. "Nice job," he whispered.

Rift nodded sleepily and hugged Warp tighter, letting the shadows around him slowly lull him to sleep. God how he loved his friends- no...

His family.

   ~*~

whooo some bby shadow fluff! aka im tired and wanted to get this out quickly :')