The Butterfly Effect (one-shot/AU)

heavily inspired by the video above ^^

   ~*~

He remembered when the disease started spreading. "The Butterfly Effect" as they called it, started developing in people of all ages when the war had ended. Beautiful butterfly wings grew from people's backs, sparkling in a multitude of colors and designs. And with the wings came powers. The amazing power to heal with their bare hands.

Or so they thought.

So now he was on the run, with only the clothes on his body, his barely hideable wings, and his power. He panted heavily, running through the broken streets of an unknown town, though they all looked the same to him.

Thick smog filtered through the empty streets, an unsettling silence filling the air. Shattered windows lined the crumbling buildings and the only sound was his own heart in his ears.

A weak cough from a nearby alleyway caught his attention and he turned towards the noise. He'd learned how to tell friend from enemy and this certainly sounded like a friend. Hesitantly, with his fists clenched and ready for a fight, he stalked towards the noise.

A man around his age was sat in the dark alleyway, desperately trying to cover the wound on his side. What stuck out the most to him was his pale blue butterfly wings, glittering in the faint light.

Without a word, he darted forward, hands already glowing pale yellow and ready to heal. The man flinched away and held out a hand, black and dark green light swirling around it. "St-stay back," the man wheezed, coughs wracking his body with each word.

"I'm not going to hurt you, I promise!" he assured, jerking back from the harmful energy. "I just want to heal. I'm like you, see?" He removed his jacket, wincing slightly, and let his light aqua wings unfurl.

The man hesitated, but slowly put down his hand, the energy around it fading. He cautiously moved forward and put his hands on the injury, letting his powers work their magic. The open wound slowly started closing back up and sealed together, a faint scar the only thing signifying anything even happened.

"Th-thanks," the man muttered, still weak from the recent injury. "Uh, what's your name?" The two hastily exchanged.

"Well then, nice to meet you Scar."

"Nice to meet you too Cub.

   ~*~

a cool Butterfly Effect AU where, after there was a World War where people used nuclear weapons, some people started getting butterfly wings. These people were found to have healing powers. But then some were found with powers that caused illness and eventually, no one could tell right from wrong as all people with the Butterfly Effect were hunted down. Scar here has healing powers and is on the run when he finds Cub who has harmful powers.

just as an added thing, Grian would be this captured, brainwashed soldier who has the Butterfly Effect and harmful powers and is used by the government to hunt down other people with the disease.

Python would also be there and he's a captured person with the Butterfly Effect and healing powers, and Scar and Cub save him and stuff