"What a Copycat!" (one-shot/ask)

i mixed the requests from GoldWitherPhoenix1 and Xb_lankspaceeX so here is some Scarian angst (Scar and Grian)

(warning: heavy angst and heavy gore)

   ~*~

The four laughed and clicked the camera off. "Man that was good!" Ren exclaimed. "You did really good with the Jangler, Scar!"

"Thanks Ren!" Scar replied, smiling. "You guys did really well solving the mystery! Even if it was kinda staged..."

"It was good enough!" Doc chuckled. "Well, me and Ren've gotta go now. It was fun making this video with you guys!"

Doc and Ren said their goodbyes before rocketing away.

Grian turned to Scar, a slightly menacing smile on his face. "So Scar," he began. The brunette looked up and met his gaze deviously, tilting his head in a mock-questioning way. "I've been meaning to ask you about the Jangler..."

"Oh?" Scar's mouth twisted into a sly smile as he spoke, already knowing what was coming. "Tell me dear Grian."

The blonde scowled. "Don't you "dear Grian" me!" he yelled, raising his voice. "Why did you make the Jangler?! He's an obvious copy of Poultry Man!"

Scar raised an eyebrow and laughed mockingly. "How is the Jangler a copy of Poultry Man?" he asked haughtily, smirking. "You didn't invent superheroes or mysteries. Just because you think the world revolves all around you Grian, doesn't mean it does."

"I'm not pretentious Scar," he hissed, spitting the other's name like it was venom. "Not like you." Scar flinched and Grian grinned, knowing he'd hit a nerve.

"I'm not pretentious!" he argued, raising his voice slightly. "You're the one who keeps starting things! And everything has to revolve around you or you winning!" He started listing off everything Grian had been apart of. "Tag, Hot Potato, The War, Sahara, Poultry Man! You've always had to have the spotlight! For once, I wanted it! Is that such a crime?"

Grian clenched his fist, desperately trying to cool his temper. "Stop trying to make me look like the bad guy!" the blonde protested, anger starting to flicker in his gaze. "You're the one who copied Poultry Man! I was the one to come with another persona that had a whole storyline with other hermits involved! You can't take that from me!"

"Meh meh meh! Look at me!" Scar held up a hand and moved it in a mock-mouthing sort of way. "I'm Grian! And I'm such a pretentious baby that I need to try and put the blame on my friends to get the attention I need! Cuz I'm a whiney bitch!"

"That's it!" Familiar purple fire swirled around his fist and he swept out his arm, blasting out a ring of violet flames. Scar leaped back and a blueish-gray aura surrounded him, similarly colored, tattered wings dissolving onto his back.

"Oh, so that's how you want to play?" Scar asked, giggling hysterically. A gleaming iron sword appeared into his hand and he rushed towards Grian, swinging down at the blonde.

Grian barely managed to leap backwards and boost himself into the air, the sound of metal clattering against the stone hardly registering as his heartbeat pulsed in his ears. He scowled and blasted more fire towards Scar, to which the brunette rushed through it head-first in his Vex mode. "Silly Grian!" he taunted, shooting up to take a swing at the blonde again. "Vexes can't touch fire remember?"

The sword swung through the air and connected with Grian's hand, making him hiss in pain. He glanced briefly at the cut, making sure it wasn't too deep. To his surprise, the wound wasn't even bleeding but instead glowing bright cyan. The blonde didn't have much time to question it as Scar landed another attack, this time slashing at his cheek.

Oh god, he could have seriously hurt me! Grian realized, thinking about how close the hit was to his eyes. He stared at Scar and suddenly noticed his injuries. Even if Scar wasn't registering the pain, there were definite burn marks covering his skin.

"Wait Scar!" he cried, holding out his hands in a signal to stop. "Look at the burn marks on you! Look at the cuts on me! We're hurting each other!"

Scar simply rolled his eyes with a huff. "Always trying to play the good guy, huh G?" he scoffed, eyes glinting with anger. "Well..." He twirled the sword around his hand, grinning psychotically. "I guess someone has to be the bad guy!" He raised his hand in a signal.

The earth below them started to quake and stone spikes shot up, aiming directly for Grian. He yelped and swerved between them, ducking and dodging the crumbling rock. "Scar you have to stop!" he pleaded, trying to get to the anger-blinded man. "You're going to hurt me!"

The brunette scowled. "It's always you isn't it?!" he yelled, gripping his sword tightly. Grian noticed he was shaking now and he looked pale, his eyes going slightly hazy. "IT'S ALWAYS YOU!"

"No, Scar!" Grian suddenly screamed as burning pain shot through one of his wings. He craned his neck to see a sharp stone spike stabbed straight his cream feathers, fresh blood beginning to paint everything scarlet red. "Scar! Please!" he gasped, trying to move as little as possible not to disturb the wound anymore. "You're hurting me! You're hurting yourself!"

Scar didn't respond, only able to sway slightly and stare hazily at Grian. Then his emerald green eyes finally shut and he dropped to the ground, completely out. The stone spikes quickly dragged themselves back into the earth, freeing Grian and allowing him to painfully dash over to his friend. He flinched with every step, unable to properly curl his wings closed, but he managed to get to Scar.

Oh shit oh shit oh shit, he panicked. This is really bad. For both of us. Scar was covered in harsh burns and passed out, and Grian was severely wounded and unable to move much. Thinking fast, he reached into his pocket and grabbed his communicator, dialing whatever number he had clicked.

Come to Scar's nether portal island; Scar's hurt, please bring Cub

The person almost instantly responded.

Joe: On my way G, hang on.

Grian sighed and shoved the communicator back in his pocket, able to semi-relax. Oh please, whoever I texted, just get here quickly...

I'm sorry Scar...

   ~*~

okay so this was just supposed to be a little argument and it's dissolved into a literal fight and both of them might die and i just-

my excuse: oh sorry my hand slipped-