Sad Forever (one-shot/songfic)

i got this idea, then found the song lmao

(trigger warning because major sads??? also mentions of suicide and medication)

   ~*~

Joke sighed, kicking his legs back and forth as they dangled from the top of Grian's base. He'd never really had a place, a purpose on the server. Warp and Rift had their little group, Parody and Zero had their positions, Game had his goal, heck even the girls had their own group! Joke had always been the little shadow jester, traveling from place to place while he talked to everyone.

He glanced up at the glittering night sky, watching the moon slowly slide across the darkness as stars twinkled delicately around it. Cool air rushed through him and wisps drifted from his shadowy body, dancing up into the air for a moment before dissolving.

A light swish of air alerted him and Joke glanced upwards, seeing a dark shape with jagged wings blot out the moon for a moment before landing near him. "Python?" he muttered to himself, knowing the player couldn't hear him. "What's he doing here?"

The hermit walked in the opposite direction of Joke and sat at the edge, gazing out into the vast sea. Joke hesitated for a moment before walking over, taking a seat beside Python and dangling his legs over the edge.

He'd never really seen the ocean at night, usually too busy with his own thoughts or the other shadows. The endless water sparkled back at him, stars reflecting brightly against the dark water as the moon glittered softly on its surface.

A soft sob snapped him back into reality and Joke looked to see Python, his face buried in his hands as tears slipped through his fingers. "Th-they love me..." he whispered to himself. "I-I know th-they do... th-they're just b-busy..."

A shudder ran through his body and he hastily wiped tears from his eyes. "Daydream," he murmured, looking down as tears continued to drip down his cheeks. "Life is like a daydream..."

Joke stared wide eyed at Python, realizing he was singing to himself. "And I just wish that I could wake up..."

"I just wish that I could wake." Joke clapped a hand over his mouth, realizing the lyric had come from his mouth as well. Python continued, not knowing Joke had spoken. "My mind. Whispers in the nighttime... Voices always keeping me up..."

"Telling me that I should give up..." The lyric fell naturally from Joke's mouth and he let himself relax into the soft tune.

"Cause lately I've been in the backseat to my own lifeTrying to take control but I don't know how..."

"To."

"I don't wanna be sad forever. I don't wanna be sad no more." More tears fell from Python's face, but ignored them, hastily wiping at them with his sleeve only for more to fall. "I don't wanna wake up and wonder..."

"What the hell am I doing this for?" Tears pricked at Joke's eyes, but he blinked them away. "I don't wanna be medicated..."

"I don't wanna go through that war." Python's voice choked in his throat, but he continued, his breathing trembling with every word. "I don't wanna be sad..."

"I don't wanna be sad anymore..." The words choked in Joke's voice and he gasped for breath, tears steadily running down his face.

Python took a breath and then doubled over in sobs, crying his heart out as wet tears soaked his sleeves. Joke himself could only watch in agony, desperately wanting to comfort the hermit in some way, any way.

But he could only watch on with teary eyes as the other sobbed into his own arms.

   ~*~

listen this was originally going to end all fluffy like but then i found a more depressing song and everything went south from there-

isaidiwantedtowriteJokeangstsohereitis-