Invasion (one-shot)

i just wanted to write some fighting scenes, so here's just a scene from that pirate AU where Evo gets invaded by Hermitcraft

warning: angst and gore

   ~*~

Stormy waves rocked the boats side to side as the Hermitcrew boarded the other's ship. Rain battered them all and swords clanged against each other in the mist.

Ren rushed forward with his cutlass and swiped at a girl with short brown hair and a gray outfit. She yelped in pain as the sword slit her side and she swiftly brought up her flintlock pistol, shooting at him. The bullet smashed into his arm and Ren gasped out in pain, clutching the fresh wound.

Suddenly, a force smashed into him from behind and he was kicked to the floor. He looked up to see another girl holding a rope, this time with silky black hair and a green band with a small flower tied around her head. She wasted no time in talking and quickly raised her sword to stab through his throat.

A silver dot suddenly sped past him and the girl was knocked off him. Ren sprang up and nodded his thanks to Iskall, who was already running to escape someone else. Ren glanced back at the girl and saw blood dripping from the gaping wound in her chest, her formerly bright blue eyes now hazy and clouded over with the look at death.

"Salem!" the girl with brown hair cried. She whipped out two guns and shot rapidly at him. Ren brought out his pistol as well and swerved around her, trying to get as close as possible without too many injuries. Iskall swung from a hanging rope and kicked her down, giving Ren the opportunity to pierce a few bullets through her throat. The girl was knocked down, her eyes glazing over and blood heavily pouring from the gash in her skin.

Iskall stood smugly over the body, grinning to himself. A light blonde with pale blue eyes suddenly jumped from the sails above and swung at Iskall. Blood now leaked from the slit on his face, and Iskall hissed in pain, quickly wiping away the blood to face the other man.

Ren dashed behind the man and quickly thrust his sword through his stomach. Iskall swiftly raised his gun and shot the man in the head, ensuring his death. "Ren! Iskall! Get the fuck over here!" EX's voice snapped, the albino glaring at them from the front of the ship.

The two nodded, knowing not to argue with their first mate, and quickly headed up to the front of the ship. EX and Xisuma were already waiting up there, guns aimed at two people; a man with night-black hair with a red and blue bandana, and the other with dirty blonde hair and a blood red coat. Ren could tell he was the captain from his dark red tricorn hat.

"Do you surrender?" Xisuma asked the blonde, gun pressed to his throat.

"What kind of stupid fucking question is that?" the man shot back. "Of course not you bitch!"

Xisuma's gaze hardened. "I'll give you one more chance." He glanced at at EX and the albino nodded, pulling the trigger. A gunshot rang through the otherwise silent air and the noirette beside the blonde dropped dead, his dark gray eyes clouded and dull.

EX gestured to Ren and Iskall, and the two shot the already dead man again, further mangling his battered body.

The Hermitcrew captain looked back up at the other captain, who's gaze was now burning with hatred. "Surrender now?" The blonde hesitated, but finally dropped his gun, putting his hands up.

"I surrender."

X grinned wickedly. "Ren?" The bored brunette perked up at his name, tilting his head in a questioning manner. "Get Doc for me." Ren nodded and rushed off, quickly returning with the confused looking swab.

"You wanted me Xisuma?" Doc asked, reluctantly dipping his head in respect.

"Yes I did Doc." Xisuma glanced over at the other captain, who looked surprised at the burly swab. "I just wanted to say that uh... what's your name?"

"Grian," the blonde spat.

Xisuma continued, ignoring Grian's obvious spite. "Grian over here will be taking your job. In other words, you're promoted and he'll be the new swab."

Grian gaped and Doc smirked eagerly. "Thank you for the promotion captain," he said proudly. He stared straight at Grian, who was still in shock. "Should I'll show the new swab how things work?" Xisuma nodded, curtly turning to EX to talk with him.

Doc lead the new swab away and onto the Hermitcrew ship. He stared down at the former captain and sneered. "Get ready for a living hell," he growled. "Your life's going to be harder than it's ever been, so you better be fucking ready."

The blonde nodded and gulped nervously. He was certainly in for a ride...

   ~*~

oops this is 800 words goddamn it-

also, i would love to expand on pirate EX because i feel like there's a lot of potential there (also i like snappy, kinda curt and rude EX)