Greetings (one-shot/AU)

set in the Facility 8-3 AU (also ow because i just fucked up my nail by ripping off a part that was like connected to the skin and now it's like half ripped ;-;)

   ~*~

Over time, the others had become quite fond of the new guards, thanking them when they brought something into their cell or waving at them as they passed by. BDubs and Keralis were still wary about the experiments, having been warned that outbursts had happened in the past, but they tried their best to be friendly back.

"Cleo?" Keralis' voice asked. She looked up and smiled at the employee. "Hey Keralis!" He smiled and moved towards her, swiftly shutting the door and gripping his taser in one hand.

"Uh, what's your dominant hand?" he asked nervously. She raised an eyebrow curiously but held up her right hand. Keralis quickly unlocked the spiked metal cuff in her wrists and immediately replaced it with thickly threaded stitches, holding onto the loose end.

He lead her out of the cell and down the hallway, much to her shock. "W-where're we going?" she asked, quickly looking from side to side and trying to take in all of her new surroundings. She hadn't been outside in... at least a few years.

"Shashwamy wants to see how you'll do in a social environment," the care-taker explained, turning to tie the thread securely to his own wrist. Cleo had learned the funny nicknames Keralis called BDubs and Xisuma after hearing him speak of them so often. "So he made a little area for lunch time!"

"Like a..." She wracked her brain for the right word, desperately trying to remember the word after not having heard it for so long. "A... cafeteria?" Keralis nodded. "Exactly!"

"But what's with the stitches?" Cleo gestured to the thick threads binding her hands together. "Wouldn't the cuffs work a lot better?"

Keralis shrugged. "Yeah, but Wels has metal manipulation and we can't risk anything."

"Wels?"

"The one with light blonde hair and blue eyes?" Keralis described best as he could. "I think you've seen him once of twice. You'll meet him properly at the cafeteria anyways."

They walked the rest of the way silently, letting Cleo glance around at her surroundings. Most of the cells were empty except for a few, most likely already in the cafeteria. She could see a man with a cowboy hat and greenery covering his room, pale blue butterfly wings spread out behind his back as he fiddled with the grass he was sat on.

BDubs cautiously stepped into a cell much like hers that held a blonde with a purple blindfold over his eyes, his steps clumsy as he hesitantly followed BDubs. "Hi!" she called, waving at him. He didn't respond, in fact he'd seemed to not even have noticed her.

"Zed can't hear you," Keralis explained, quickly unlocking the door in front of them. "He has the ability to teleport so we've had to take precautionary measures so he doesn't um, escape." He hesitated on the last word, voice trailing off.

Stepping into the cafeteria, Cleo gaped at the seemingly giant room. Many people filled it, some chatting and others eating quietly. A woman with short brown hair looked up at her and smiled, waving with the arm that hadn't been tightly secured to the table. "Hi there!" she exclaimed. "I'm Stress! What's your name?"

Cleo introduced herself and sat down next to her, Keralis swiftly tying the tight threads on her hand to the table before rushing out of the door, letting BDubs and Zed file in. BDubs sat Zed down next to Tango, 

Tango looked up from where he was sitting and then glanced back at the brunette sat beside him. "Another person is here!" he whispered excitedly, to which Impulse grinned back. "Really? What's he look like?"