Chapter 2

A few mega cycles went by as me and Magnus kept doing the same thing. Though during those cycles, we were able to reunite with some of our fellow comrades, though some were also fallen by the decepticons. It was like a daily routine, though I hate just watching or scanning for anything as I was with the commander. We barely talk to each other. Rarely looked at each other. I couldn't shake the feeling that I wanted to have just one long conversation with him. Well like that's gonna happen at one point. Because for starters, he's strict, professional and always follows rules or protocols. There's like no point in making one conversation with this guy.

We only make small talks and that's it. Nothing more, nothing less. If he is just gonna ask me the same question like every day, I would just shrug, ignore or scoff, mostly I just roll my optics and just stare at the horizon.

"Cadet, find anything?" He asked, pulling me away from my thoughts. "Well?" A bit strictly this time.

Talk about pushy. I just showed the scanners to him and ignore him like usual.

"If you're going to keep this act, then-" I cut him off.

"Then you'll what?" I asked, "We've been doing the same thing over and over again for the past few mega cycles and we just passed three galaxies, which leaves us 16 or more to get to this planet. As much as I want to find Bumblebee and Optimus, I cannot stand the fact I have to stay here with you, sir."

With that, I just walked towards the berth, grabbing the data pad that shows my other lessons about being a Cadet. I heard Magnus' heavy sigh and turned the ship into autopilot and headed towards me.

"If you're going to lecturing me, I don't wanna hear it." I said, not even looking at him.

"I wasn't going to lecture you." This made me look, "I was just gonna give you this data pad from the academy." He said as he handed it to me. "It belongs to someone close to you."

I was a bit unsure about it, but once I looked closer at the data pad, I noticed that it was Bumblebee's. My eyes widen as I took it from his servos and gently touched the screen.

"H-How...I mean, I thought it was destroyed back on Cybertron." I asked, my voice shaking that an item that was once belonged to my brother was still in one piece.

"A team was able to save some important things from the academy before it was raided. This was all they could from Bumblebee's quarters." Ultra Magnus explained.

I touched the screen gently as I turned in on, having my full attention to Bumble's data pad.

"I'll leave you be for now." Ultra Magnus said hoping to get a reply.

"Uh-Huh." Was all I could say.

He heavily vented until he stopped from what I said.

"Thank you, Magnus." I said looking at him in the optics, with a small smile on my dermas.

He was at first shocked, but I saw that he was a bit flattered at my response. All he did was nodded before heading back to the front.

Ultra Magnus' POV
I didn't expected a 'thank you' from the Cadet before. Her smile showed that there's more to her than a soldier. The way her optics met mine, I can tell that it was filled with happiness as she tried not to show it. I smiled back at the thought of her sm-....wait, what am I thinking?! There are more important matters to attend to. I shouldn't feel like this. I have to stay focused.

I looked back at her one more time, only to see her smile lightly on the scout's data pad. I silently sighed and proceeded with my task. I'm going to let her be for now.

Hours later, it was time for us to recharge, well for me since Honeybee has already gone to recharge. So far today, we've passed another galaxy according to the scanners she has showed me earlier. I turned my ship into autopilot before walking towards the berth Honeybee was recharging.

I looked at her faceplates, seeing that she was recharging peacefully. I noticed the data pad of the scout was in her arms, holding it close to her chassis as she recharge. I grabbed a blanket and covered her body as I slept beside her. Since there's only one berth, we have no choice but to share it. Honeybee didn't mind, plus the berth was big enough for the both of us to recharge in. Eventually, we both got used to it. I looked at her one more time before falling into recharge.

Honeybee's POV
It was like late in the night. I woke up feeling an arm around my waist. I also heard soft breathing behind my neck. I turned my helm a bit, only to find Ultra Magnus really close to me. I was a bit shocked and I wanted to move away, but something stopped me from doing it. I noticed Bumblebee's data pad was still in my arms. I smiled and placed it on the floor next to the berth. I shifted myself, facing the commander beside me.

Seeing him in this position makes my faceplates heat up, causing me to look at his chassis. I hesitantly placed my servos on him as I just went back to recharge. I felt his grip on me tighten a bit as I moved myself closer to him, taking the scent of his breathing.

"I know you're awake, Cadet."

Scrap. I opened my optics, knowing that I can't fake my way out of this. I looked at him in the optics and saw that he was already looking at me. My faceplates turned red and my cooling fans kicked in from the embarrassment. I covered my faceplates as I apologize.

"There's no need to for you to apologize, Honeybee." He said gently.

He then both me closer to him, my helm on his chassis and his on mine. This was so embarrassing to my commanding officer. I mean, this is Ultra Magnus for Primus sake! The second in command of Optimus Prime. Almost no one can really stand his strict attitude, especially back in the academy and when he led the wreckers. Of course as a former wrecker, I joined Optimus with Bulkhead just to avoid a certain bot, well me anyways, but ending up meeting the commander again, I was sure it was not gonna be the last, seeing that I ended up being closer to him.

And who knew that he would have a soft spot for some bots other than me. I decided to let that go and just went back to recharge. I honestly didn't care if he was starring back at me.

But after these few mega cycles.....I think...I think I've fallen for the commander. I've fallen for Ultra Magnus. I can't let it distract me. We must find the planet first. It has to be my top priority, not my feelings.

I shouldn't act like this in front of him....right? I mean, he wouldn't mind....right?

Cliffhanger