Chapter 18

When we went through the ground bridge, I noticed Brianna wasn't with Jack, Raf and Miko.

Where is she?

Then again, she did look upset about something. I just wonder what it could be. I walked towards the children who looked stiffened by my presence all of a sudden. Smiling awkwardly while I search for my charge.

"Where's Bri?" I asked looking down at the three children in front of me. "And don't even try lying to me or try to be sarcastic that you didn't know what happened while we were out in the field." I said, my faceplates showing complete seriousness, since I am worried and concerned for my charge. It's her birthday, she should be happy.

"Hehe...funny story really..." Miko said as she tries to stand perfectly still like she didn't know anything. "When we got back she....." she just trails off.

Wonderful. I thought sarcastically at what's happening.

"Bri...uh...took a bridge...uh well...back to her parent's place..." Raf said a bit nervously as he tried looking at me in the optics.

"Because?" I asked,

"Because of what happened at the cafe with Jack and Sierra." Miko blurted it out quickly then covered her mouth.

"MIKO!!!" Jack said as he glared at her,

Before I could say anything, I transformed into my alt mode and activated my holoform as I walked up to the human area. Of course they were surprised. I couldn't blame them if my holoform kinda looks like Brianna's mother.

"Alright, tell me what's wrong." I said as I crossed my arms and looked at them with a serious face.

(Time skip 'cause I'm lazy)

"So that pretty much what happened before you called us." Jack said as he nervously rubbed the back of his head while we all sit on the couch. Well Raf was helping Ratchet with the computers.

"I'm honestly not surprised by how you explain it, Jack." I said as he released a sigh, "Because you can be very oblivious towards her from the moment I laid my optics on you two."

"What?!" He said surprised, "What do you mean 'oblivious'?" He asked,

"Tell me, how long have you known Brianna?" I asked calmly.

"Uh...ever since we were neighbors when we're younger, but then her parents decided to move a bit further away from us. Though we still keep in touch." Jack explained,

"Woah dude, you've known each other for that long and yet you remained friends with her." Miko said, "You just put her in the 'friend zone' for that long."

"I don't get what are you guys talking about." Jack said,

"Jack, what is Brianna to you?" I asked,

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, what do you see in Brianna." I clarified, "For me, she's like the sister I never had and I understand how much her mother means to her."

"Me too." Miko said, "I mean, she doesn't really like heavy metal but she loves adventures like me. Also, she helps me a lot at school."

Raf who was at the computer overheard our conversation decided to join. "She also likes to spend time with Bumblebee and me when we're going out for a drive. But she mostly does it with Optimus in the early nights or mornings when they're alone at base with Ratchet." The young boy said, "Plus she keeps us out of trouble, especially Miko. Though when Optimus isn't around, Smokescreen was there to talk to her or give her a small drive sometimes."