Chapter 9

"On your mark...get set...go!" Wheeljack exclaimed as me and Bumble revved up our engines and accelerate to speed.

In the first lap, Bumble won. In the second lap, I won. Me and Bumblebee were in a tie race. I was a a bit ahead of him, but knowing Bumble, he's got some tricks in his sleeves as what humans would say. It was a close finish but Bumblebee won by an inch. I couldn't blame my little brother, after all he had been on this planet longer than me. I activated my holoform and got out of my alt mode, walking over to him.

"That was a great race Bumble." I said

He had an apologetic look on his have as I shook my head.

"Bumble, win or lose, it doesn't really matter to me. As long as we all have fun together." I said as I looked at the others in their holoforms. "Am I right?"

"Yeah!" Smokescreen said

"Wish you luck at the next race." I said playfully punched his arms.

":Thanks sis:" Bee said as we both moved our alt modes to the sides to watch the next races.

As my holoform sat on the hood of my alt mode, Ultra Magnus' holoform sat next to mine at we both watched our view.

"So...what brings you next to me?" I asked as I kept starring at Smokescreen and Wheeljack's race.

"Nothing, I just thought that you wanted to have a little talk with me." Magnus said

"I couldn't fight with that." I said as I held his hand in mine, "To be completely honest with you, you're not the type of mech I really had in mind to be my future sparkmate."

"And you are Wrecker when you decided to break protocols, if and only necessary on missions." Magnus said, "Though I do admire your determination and confidence when it comes to that."

"(chuckles) Anyone can have both of those things, so why me out of all femmes?" I asked

"Because.....You have been with me the longest out of most of the femmes.....and watching over you after these orns, is something I would deeply cherish in my spark." Magnus said

My spark melted at his words. He is really one big softy when he is around me and I appreciate his presence when we're alone. It makes me just wanna soar in the sky and just squeal in happiness, but that would just be the youngling in me doing that.

The race ended and Smokescreen won the race. Wheeljack gave Smokescreen a pat on the back for a good job in speed racing. When it was Bumblebee's turn to race Smokescreen, I was excited in my own way that I could get to see my little brother race against someone who is a few vorns older than him. Wheeljack approached us in his holoform.

"Since when did you two got close?" Wheeljack asked,

"Is that a bother to you?" I asked him confusedly,

"No, not at all. Just never seen you hangout with someone like Magnus." He said,

"You know he's right here." I said,

"I know, I just don't want things to change between us before we left Cybertron." When he said that, he left to join Bulkhead in watching the race.

I just watch the race again but honestly, I didn't pay much attention to it. I was in my deep thoughts again, but it was not about Brianna avoiding her parents. Well I still need to ask Optimus about it. I was thinking about what Wheeljack said, I mean, me and him do have quite a history back on Cybertron, but I don't want to loose my friendship with him and loosing Magnus' feelings for me would just make me shut everyone out again, except for Bumble. I sighed and just focused on the race. I felt a hand around my waist as I looked at Magnus with a confused look. His expression showed worries and I knew it was about Wheeljack.

"Magnus, if it's about what Jackie said, you should understand that I'm just friends with him." I explained, "Sure, you two don't really get along well, but I want the both of you to build some trust with each other, understand one another."

"I understand, Cadet." He said, "I'm just worried about loosing your affections towards me, since you and Wheeljack do have quite a history together."

I leaned against his shoulders and looking at the race. "You won't, I have a high respect for authority, even as a Wrecker. I won't go anywhere until absolutely necessary."

He smiled as he pulled me closer to him as we watched the race. It turns out that Bumblebee won against Smokescreen. I knew Bumble would win, mostly because he wonders on this planet longer than anyone. We all congratulated each other before heading back to our new base.

When we got back, I saw Optimus talking to Ratchet. I took the opportunity to talk to him to have some insights about Brianna's family.

"Optimus, permission to speak with you alone." I asked him.

"Very well, Honeybee." We headed towards the hallway to where the berth-rooms. "What is it that you wanted to talk about?" Prime asked

"It's about Brianna, sir." I said

"Go on." He said

"While we were on our way here earlier, I asked Brianna if she would like to visit her family just for a while, but she immediately denied my request and that her family doesn't mind her staying away from home." I explained, "Does she not want to stay with her family, Optimus?" I asked

"The reason why Brianna often stays with us in the former base, is because she personally told me that her biological father doesn't gives her the attention that he did before her mother passed away. She told me that her father moved on from her mother and that their happy with or without her." Optimus explained, "In a way, I personally became a father image for her when we stays at the base. Though I do wish for her to reunite with her family, especially to her father."

"Did her father...even made contact with nowadays?" I asked

"No." Was all he said

"Oh, thank you for the information Optimus." I said, "I just wish I could help Bri with her family problems, because I know it would hurt her to her family happy without her."

"I understand your worries about Brianna, Honeybee, but I think it would be best if you ask her about this when the two of you are alone." Optimus said

"Right." I said before we head back to the command center.

Well once we got there, Ratcet already assigned us to our berth-rooms. Optimus will obviously have his own room, Ultra Magnus will be sharing with Ratchet, Bulk and Jackie will be in one room, Smokey and Bumble in the other and me and Arcee will be sharing a room.

It was getting late and from what I know is that all Autobot guardians will be sending their charges home, but Agent Fowler let them stay for the night, since Ratchet will be working on some equipments the whole night.

As I was about to head to me and Arcee's new quarters, my optics spotted Brianna sleeping on Jack's lap while he had his arm on her back. Miko and Raf were sleeping on the other couch, but I mostly looked at Brianna and Jack. I smiled at them before heading towards the quarters to where recharge is calling my name.

Cliffhanger