Chapter 25

Honeybee's POV
When we were trying to find Ratchet, we forgot about the fact that Laserbeak broke in here. So right now, we're trying to figure out how to avoid the base getting destroyed. Until something hit me in my processor. Me and Bumblebee's paint job are the same color, but before we came to earth, we were sometimes mistaken because of our similarities.

"Bumblebee." I called his name as he turned towards me, causing the others to look at me as well. "I know that this is completely off topic, but why did you changed your paint job in the first place?" I asked,

Bumble and Raf looked at each other and explained that his color pattern was too easy to be spotted. ":The cons would've got me if I look like that. Not to mention that a seeker that we spotted near us didn't recognize the color patterns I have right now:" Bumblebee said,

"A simple paint job that fooled a con..." Arcee said, "Who knew that it worked."

"I think we should try it." I said, "We'll not leave the base."

"What do you mean?" Jackie asked,

"Agent Fowler, is there anyone not occupying one of the other hangers near us?" I asked him,

"There is one." Fowler said, "Unit F isn't occupied. Not to mention, it's just right next door."

"Perfect. We'll use it as a decoy for the cons to attack it." I said,

"At least we don't get to escape this time." Bulkhead said,

"I'll have them exchange the letters of the two units by paint." Fowler said,

"Let's just hope the cons are dumb enough to think that we're in a different hangar." Smokscreen said,

"I hope so too." I said,

"Yet we must prevent the decepticons from attacking our base." Optimus said, "And we must still proceed on locating Ratchet."

Few minutes later

"We got some cons coming in!" Agent Fowler said as we saw the screen that decepticons are engaging fast.

I felt Magnus held my right servo tightly, intertwining his digits with mine. Reassuring me that my plan would work. Yet I'm 80% positive that it would work, but 20% that it wouldn't.

"It will work, my love." Magnus reassures me through our bond.

I nodded at him as we looked at the screen, seeing that the cons are getting closer and closer. Right when we heard the destruction, we all carefully looked outside at the damage of the building. It was all burnt and destroyed.

"That mess hall sure is a mess." Smokescreen commented at the sight in front of us.

"Let's just be glad that the cons are fooled by a simple paint job." Magnus said looking at me.

"The cons are gonna be so pissed when they found out they destroyed a decoy and not us." Arcee smirked,

":Tell me about it:" Bumblebee said,

"At least it worked." Bulkhead said wrapping an arm around my shoulder. "Thanks to our Cadet over here."

"I wouldn't have thought about it if it wasn't for my little brother." I said looking at Bumblebee, which he accepts the credit as we head back inside the base.

It has been 2 days since we've been trying to find Ratchet, but we hadn't much luck in doing so. The only thing we can do is try and detect the warship's signal by using a piece of Laserbeak that Smokescreen shot down.