Chapter 22

While Ratchet is giving Magnus his new appendix, I was resting near where the kids are. Wheeljack was with the others, talking about project Predacon.

"Honeybee."

I heard Brianna called me as I looked at her.

"What is it? Do you need something?" I asked,

"No." She said, "I just came to see if you're okay."

I sighed looking at the ground. "As much as I don't wanna admit it, but I'll be feeling this pain for a few minutes." I said looking back at her. "The transforming Predacon really did a number on the three of us, even if it's outnumbered."

"Is Magnus gonna be okay?"

"I just hope that he will be alright in the field with his new appendix." I said,

A few minutes later, Ratchet was done with Ultra Magnus. I was feeling a bit better as Bumble went to check on me. Still a bit worried about me engaging the Predacon with Magnus and Wheeljack.

"Bumblebee, I'm fine." I kept telling him, "How many times do I have to tell you that I'm alright?" I asked,

":Then why can't I be convinced that you're alright?:" Bumblebee asked,

"Bumblebee, I can tell that you're worried for my wellbeing." I said, "You know that I can take care of myself, plus I'm stronger than I look. But it doesn't mean that I'm not gonna leave you just like that."

Bumble then beeped happily as he gave me a tight hug. I only chuckled and patted him helm gently.

"I've done everything I could." Ratchet said, "Considering the lack of equipment in my disposal, an ideal use of spare parts." He then looked at Magnus' new claw. "It's too soon to know if Ultra Magnus' new appendix is gonna be suited for battle."

"That is all we needed to hear, Ratchet." Optimus said as the medic just nodded.

"You doing okay?" Arcee asked Wheeljack,

"I'm still pretty fisted." He said as he clenched his servos,

"So as Magnus and Honeybee." She said,

"Wait and see." Smokescreen said as he walked over to me and Bumble. "The claw will be his signature. Y'know like how you owned that voice box Ratchet slapped in your throat."

Me and Bumble shot him a glare.

":My voice box?!:" Bumblebee said, ":Smokey, you know that's a sensitive subject!:"

"I mean, everyone understands you just fine." Smokey tries to make him feel better, "Why would you even consider getting it fix up, righ-"

Bumblebee cuts him off immediately and he stomped away somewhere in the base. I feel bad for my little brother, knowing how much he would like to have his voice box back. I quickly shot Smokescreen another glare, making him shut up.

"Woah." Miko said as the five teenagers watch Bumble walked away,

"Rafael, what did he say?" Ashton asked,

"Bee is still used to the sound of his own voice. His original voice." Raf explained,

"Megatron did took his voice." I said, "But Bumblebee didn't say a word to the decepticons about the whereabouts of our base in Cybertron. Though I'm still guilty of the fact that he lost his voice in order for him save me, yet he paid the price."

"Honeybee. Bumblebee obviously doesn't want you to left behind." Brianna said, "After all, you're his sister."

"And a family is always there for one another." Ashton said as he placed a hand on Brianna's shoulder,

"Right." She said,

I smiled at the two siblings for their reassurance.

"Look at the bright side." Bulkhead said, "At least you, Wheeljack and Magnus were able to destroy project Predacon before it was ready to be released."

"Even without the Predacon army, there is still one Predacon that remains." Optimus said, "The one who has the ability to transform."

"Yet we still need to watch out for it." I said crossing my arms, "I'm sure he's still pretty mad after we destroyed its brethren while they're still in their capsules."

Third POV
A few minutes later, Ultra Magnus woke up from stasis and looked at his new claw. He was a bit disappointed that he lose his servo, but it didn't stop him from being a soldier. He looked around his surroundings as he sat up in the berth, only to see that Ratchet was on the monitor and that the other bots are somewhere in the base. He saw his sparkmate talking to the human children and was thankful to Primus that she was okay. Ratchet did some final checks on him before letting him go to his sparkmate.

Honeybee somewhat sense her sparkmate's presence and turned around to see him approaching. She gave him a smile of relief as she took one last glance at the children before walking towards him. Magnus tried to caress her faceplates with his right servo but forgotten that it is now a claw, due to the fact that the Predacon crushed it.

"Magnus."

He looked at his sparkmate with a sad smile on his dermas as he looked back on his new appendix. Honeybee gently rubbed his new claw as she looked at him with gently optics.

"Magnus, don't worry about your new appendix." She said, "I'm sure you could still fight with it. You just need some time for you to get used to it."

"I know, Cadet." Magnus said, but looked away for a while,

"But?" She said gently forcing him to look at her again,

"It's just...I wonder what was it like to be in a family, again." He said, "I've been a soldier my whole life, yet I have forgotten what was like to be in a family."

"Magnus, you may be a commander throughout the war for Cybertron, but everyone still considers you as an important bot." Honeybee said, "A family looks out for one another and we don't leave each other behind. Magnus, the Autobots family, even the humans. We may not be in the same species with them, but we have made a close bond, letting them have a place in our spark. As I did with Brianna and I know you care about her too." She said,

Magnus only smiled for that and kiss the forehelm of his sparkmate.

"Thank you, my love." He said, "I needed to hear that." As he was about to leave, but Honeybee grabbed his working servo.

"I'm not gonna let you go off that easily, sir." She smirked, "You're already stuck with me."

"Then would you care for us to have that drive I asked you earlier today, Cadet?" He asked with a sly smile on his faceplates.

"I wouldn't have it any other way, Commander." She said as they both transformed and drove out of the base.

Brianna in the background, has her 'romantic love' look on her face as she watched her guardian go for a drive with her sparkmate. She was happy for them.

"Earth to Brianna! You in there?!" Miko suddenly yelled at her, causing her to jump and look at her friends and brother with a confused expression on her face. "Weren't you listening to our conversation?" She asked,

"Not really to be perfectly honest with you, Miko." She replied, rubbing the back of her head.

"Anyways, I better get back home before our mom starts to get worried to where I've been." Ashton said as he stood up from the couch before looking at me. "I'll tell Abby about your adventures...alone if it makes it better."

"I'm cool with it. I'm not sure Phoebe is ready to take it, unlike dad." Brianna said, "Tell Abigail that I love her."

Ashton chuckled before raffling his sister's hair and walking down the railings towards the car he used to get here. Brianna just waved him a goodbye before he drives out of the base.

Cliffhanger

A/N: Sorry if this is a short chapter